[A] Central Division Failure: Blackhawks Should Reap Rewards

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks always played well with Habby in net. Huet
<

Style points in goal during the course of the game don't matter, just keep the puck out of the net. How many of the stops are seen by the players on ice during action? Certainly not all of them.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Hawks always played well with Habby in net. Huet
<

Style points in goal during the course of the game don't matter, just keep the puck out of the net. How many of the stops are seen by the players on ice during action? Certainly not all of them.

Here RK do us a favor. Ask one of the players you know if they get pumped up when the goalie makes a big save. Ask them to settle a debate for us.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here RK do us a favor. Ask one of the players you know if they get pumped up when the goalie makes a big save. Ask them to settle a debate for us.

Sure a big save can fire up a team .

So where are the rankings for entertaining goalies ?
<
Lets have a look at that first before we settle on Niemi.

Maybe so but he's a lot more entertaining to watch. Crow plays like Huet, very boring. Niemi plays like Habby, very entertaining.

Habby>! Niemi

My jury is still out on Crow.

R K

Of course it does, just as a soft goal can deflate a team. You don't need to ask anyone. I don't think being flashy makes one difference as long as they make the save.

Use the Nashville red line goal Craw gave up last year. Up to that point the Hawks were in the game. From that goal on they got their ass kicked. Soft goals often kill the team.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who did the hawks play better in front of? Habby or Huet. Niemi or Huet? I would say Turco or Crow but Turco was god awful with the hawks

The 'hawks always seem to play better in front of any non-regular goalie. At times they tended to play tighter in front of Lalime & Crawford than in front of Khabi. Then flopped back & forth between Huet & Khabi depending on who was getting the nod. then Niemi over Huet, then Crawford over Turco. Last year, they played a bit better in front of Emery until Emery started to see more starts--then the D loosened up, Emery started to look bad, Crawford came in, they tighttened up a bit then loosened up after a couple of games.

IMHO the root problem is getting the team D to play tight at all times...*then* let's look to the net.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Sure a big save can fire up a team .

So where are the rankings for entertaining goalies ?
<
Lets have a look at that first before we settle on Niemi.

Habby>! Niemi

My jury is still out on Crow.

Never said Niemi was equal to Habby. Just played a similar style.

Of course it does, just as a soft goal can deflate a team. You don't need to ask anyone. I don't think being flashy makes one difference as long as they make the save.

Use the Nashville red line goal Craw gave up last year. Up to that point the Hawks were in the game. From that goal on they got their ass kicked. Soft goals often kill the team.

My point is goalies that are all over the place make bigger looking saves than a positional perfect goalie. Therefore they pump up the skaters in front of them more because of those "big" saves.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

and... How many times have you seen a goalie make a big save and have his team take the puck down and score? Talk about deflating.

supraman

Liked Posts:

Are they positional like Crow or Huet? Or do they flop all over the ice making it look at lot more difficult than it is but you know they had it all under control, just looks like a god damn mess.

daze71

Liked Posts:
You want to talk about goalies that were floppers let's talk about Hasek was not the prettiest and most fundamentally sound goaltender but he made it look all so easy

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weber staying in Nashville for infinity. Hoped he would have gone to Philly and made the division even weaker.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are they positional like Crow or Huet? Or do they flop all over the ice making it look at lot more difficult than it is but you know they had it all under control, just looks like a god damn mess.

I'd put Niemi closer to Hasek than Habby in terms of style.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Weber staying in Nashville for infinity. Hoped he would have gone to Philly and made the division even weaker.
I feel it still makes that team weak. I believe they are one of the lowest payrolled teams in the league, and just because they made this move doesn't mean they will instantly go to the top or even the middle. With a good chuck of their budget going to Weber, it leaves less for the rest of the talent.