Farewell, Sarah Kustok

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-sports-media-watch/2012/07/csn-nbc-5s-sarah-kustok-headed-out-of-market/

CSN, NBC 5's Sarah Kustok headed out of market

By Paul M. Banks, Wednesday at 11:00 am
sarah-kustok-136x150.jpg

(Update: according to the Facebook page of WBEZ reporter Cheryl Rae-Stout, she's rumored to be heading to New York!)

You’ve seen her on Comcast Sports Net Chicago for three years. And for the last few months, you’ve seen her on NBC 5 Chicago on Friday and Sunday nights. Well, no more- as sportscaster Sarah Kustok is leaving the Chicago market.Word of her new job has not been released at this time, but we do know that her last day at CSN will be August 3rd.

Kustok’s people are mum on the new gig because it appears the ink is still drying. The Orland Park, IL and Carl Sandburg graduate has quite a following. She had a crazed Blackhawks fan tell her “I love you Sarah, you’re so pretty” live during a shoot the puck competition.

And she developed nearly 3,000 Twitter followers literally overnight.

More on Kustok, the Blue Demons women’s college basketball career three point record holder from Robert Feder at Time Out Chicago:

A star athlete at DePaul University, where she graduated with a communication/media studies degree in 2004, Kustok, 30, worked as a sideline reporter for ESPN’s college and high school remote football broadcasts before joining Comcast SportsNet in 2009.

Tragedy struck Kustok’s family in September 2010 when her mother, Anita “Jeanie” Kustok, was shot to death in her southwest suburban Orland Park home. Allan Kustok, Anita’s husband and Sarah’s father, was charged with first-degree murder and is awaiting trial.

No word yet on who is replacing Kustok at CSN, or for Blackhawks sideline reports. Kustok replaced Kerry Sayers when she joined the network in 2009.

bri

Liked Posts:
It took me time to get used to her, but she grew on me. I wish her well.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Boy, she must have really said the wrong thing about the hawks this time.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will miss her long, graceful neck.

Maybe she'll end up working with Josh Mora.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I wish her well, but will miss her. I personally think she is one of the prettiest women on the planet.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Hopefully someone who is actual hockey person will step in. That or a total babe.

R K

Hopefully someone who is actual hockey person will step in. That or a total babe.

Exactly.

Dont give a shit about the babe I want them to know what the fuck they are talking about.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
But I'd be fired in a week for my glaring biases on every team and player in the NHL.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly.

Dont give a shit about the babe I want them to know what the fuck they are talking about.

Of course that is your opinion.

I will miss Sarah and frankly I am amazed she is leaving her hometown market. She is not an investigative reporter nor do I think that someone in that capacity needs to be. She has a great smile, a hometown favorite, a terrific personality and the looks to go along with it. I don't think the person doing an ice fan puck shooting needs to have a bachelor degree in professional hockey or to ask a prearranged question or two after the game of one of the players. She was great at what she did IMO. Part of me wonders if the whole parent travesty has something to do with her wanting to get away from the memories and away from here.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I think the trial actually starts up pretty soon. That may play a part in it, who knows. Either way, what people wanted or expected from a post/pre game reporter asking safe questions, I don't know. In depth, truth baring analysis? Tough questions? You don't get that from the so called "experts" of hockey. You don't really get that, front and center, in hockey period.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I loved looking at her, but often hit the mute button. If she would just use her normal voice, and not the "patent applied for" female sportscaster voice (i.e. Gail Fischer), I would have un-muted more often. She does, however, seem to be a good egg, and I do wish her well.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Exactly.

Nobody in the media has a clue...at least Sara was hot. I'll miss her.

R K

Of course that is your opinion.

I will miss Sarah and frankly I am amazed she is leaving her hometown market. She is not an investigative reporter nor do I think that someone in that capacity needs to be. She has a great smile, a hometown favorite, a terrific personality and the looks to go along with it. I don't think the person doing an ice fan puck shooting needs to have a bachelor degree in professional hockey or to ask a prearranged question or two after the game of one of the players. She was great at what she did IMO. Part of me wonders if the whole parent travesty has something to do with her wanting to get away from the memories and away from here.

No shit Sherlock.

Hey what do you think about these fans?.... ROTFL

At least find someone who knows about the game! Tracey Meyers would do.

I know most idiots care more about what they look like... Sarah who? Yea...

R K

Nobody in the media has a clue...at least Sara was hot. I'll miss her.

Mora had a clue.

Tim Sassone certainly has a clue.

Chris Kuc has a clue...

Tracey Meyers has a clue....

I wouldn't expect them to pick someone who know what the fuck they were asking and or watching.

Like Boden replacing Mora.... I know, tits are far more important.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mora had a clue.

Chris Kuc has a clue...

I wouldn't expect them to pick someone who know what the fuck they were asking and or watching.

HaHa

You are funny. Anyone of them would be insulted to do the job that Sarah Kustok did for the Hawks......................

No comparison

R K

Josh wouldn't and did. And knew what the fuck he was talking about.

Again he said none of the media had a clue so I typed some that did. I didn't say anywhere in there any of them would do that job.

You didn't give a shit what Kustok was saying you were too busy looking at her body. Sorry some of us don't give a shit about that. Same with another woman who used to pretend to cover the Hawks.....

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mora had a clue.

Chris Kuc has a clue...

Absolutely important...what more do you need them to know from a person interviewing the #1 star or facilitating the puck in the square hole game. Like you said, Tracey has a clue and they have her to do real hockey talk and the booth does the between periods interviews....it was all good.