The Hossa Thread

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright now, it's all fun and games until someone rips on my Hoss.

Trouble is brewin' here.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does he play 2nd line C? We got RWs, we need Cs.

I get it I'm in the minority here but I just fail to see the Hossa hype. He has flashes of OMGWTFBBQ brilliance and is super strong on the puck, but that's it. I'd take Toews or Kane over him any day.

Eh, to each his/her own but for me that's some goddamn HERESY!

Obviously, since he's one of my hockey heroes I pray and pray and pray that he retires a Hawk even though I know it likely won't happen since that beauty of an under-35 contract doesn't have a NMC/NTC.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't make me lay the beat down on you in NHL12.

bart-scared.gif

supraman

Liked Posts:
Eh, to each his/her own but for me that's some goddamn HERESY!

Obviously, since he's one of my hockey heroes I pray and pray and pray that he retires a Hawk even though I know it likely won't happen since that beauty of an under-35 contract doesn't have a NMC/NTC.

I get it you don't want your hero moved. I don't have the same attachment to him. I like him and will root for him while he dons the indianhead but I personally think his trade value exceeds his on ice value to the hawks.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Does he play 2nd line C? We got RWs, we need Cs.

I get it I'm in the minority here but I just fail to see the Hossa hype. He has flashes of OMGWTFBBQ brilliance and is super strong on the puck, but that's it. I'd take Toews or Kane over him any day.

Hossa blows up a crapload of plays for the other team and puts the puck in the net himself as well. He also plays through injuries when he can. That being said...when I was told on these boards that Hossa is unwilling to play Center my opinion of him went down a peg there. I cannot figure out why a player that is such a stud backchecker who has suffered from injuries lately would not want to get "off the wall" and use his skating ability to its utmost.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why thank you. They too are owned by my gorgeous wife! You can find my balls in her purse as well.

This is the only appropriate response. Well done trouble-maker.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I miss Cid.... and then I remember him and I'm over it... hahah He did add a lot of fun though. Wish he would come back.