The Hossa Thread

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any recent info on Hossa over the summer?

Was he visible at convention?

What is the word on the street?

bri

Liked Posts:
I watched the video of him on NHL.com from 7/21 and he seemed to think he was doing well, but I don't think he has had contact yet.

R K

He was at the convention and said he was doing well. Doing his normal workout but had not taken the ice. I seriously doubt that he would take any contact until training Camp. Won't know how close he is until then. Same with Montedor.

Most players don't start skating until August. Baur had a mini scrimmage the other day which Pat and Jonathan took part in Atlantic City. Stamkos, Lunqvuist, ect ect were also involved. Kaner is an exception and skates through out the summer a few times a week.

R K

Nobody wants to be linked to the "O Board"..... Been there, done that.

Trev I agree but they keep saying he'll be ready...

R K

Not a chance in hell is Rocky paying for Olesz and Montedor in Rockford. Not a chance in HELL!

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Not a chance in hell is Rocky paying for Olesz and Montedor in Rockford. Not a chance in HELL!

...I doubt Olesz goes back to Rockford. If nobody claims him on waivers I could see him getting loaned to a European team like Huet did. The Hawks are still on the hook for him but I doubt he'll want to play AHL hockey again.

2.3 million I could see going to Rockford. Shit, his and Olesz cap hit combined were around the same as Huets total cap hit. It's possible.

R K

I bet Olesz is going back to Rockford and if Montedor is ready he'll be on the big club. Or LTIR one of the two.

Olezs doens't have the choice.

daze71

Liked Posts:
Nobody wants to be linked to the "O Board"..... Been there, done that.

Trev I agree but they keep saying he'll be ready...

The purpose of the my post was to show the video of Marian's interview of how he feels about being ready for next season which i got from the O Boards which i am also a member of.

supraman

Liked Posts:
STFU! I should kick you in your fucking walnuts for heresy like that.

Look lady if you want to come down here and try to find me and kick me in the nuts. Go for it. I think Hossa is worth more to the team traded than he is as a player. It is just an opinion.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why the smeg would we send Monty to Rockford? He, Seabs, and Brookbank are the only righties on D ranked higher than Lalonde.

Didn't we learn from last year that pairings stacked with lefties doesn't work?

R K

Supra she might find you, but we all know you have no balls to kick either way!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look lady if you want to come down here and try to find me and kick me in the nuts. Go for it. I think Hossa is worth more to the team traded than he is as a player. It is just an opinion.

Yes, that's exactly what this forwards corps needs---to trade away a future HOF talent who ACTUALLY plays an invaluable two-way game instead of just rendering lip-service to it and who has superior hockey IQ and who is a steal at a $5.3 mil cap hit.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yes, that's exactly what this forwards corps needs---to trade away a future HOF talent who ACTUALLY plays an invaluable two-way game instead of just rendering lip-service to it and who has superior hockey IQ and who is a steal at a $5.3 mil cap hit.

Does he play 2nd line C? We got RWs, we need Cs.

I get it I'm in the minority here but I just fail to see the Hossa hype. He has flashes of OMGWTFBBQ brilliance and is super strong on the puck, but that's it. I'd take Toews or Kane over him any day.