[A] Player Evaluation: Corey Crawford

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
As you may know from the Stalberg thread I was nosing around with different stats and I actually saw that Crawford believe it or not was 6th in the league last year in Shootout save percentage. This is mind boggling to me because I feel like we were so bad in the shootouts. Emery was horrible and near last with a .615 but a low sample size. saved 8 of 13. Corey saved 26 of 32 which is actually 3rd highest in the league when you take out the small sample size guys of 6 or more, essentially guys who went to more than 2 shootouts. Only Varlamov and Jimmy Howard were better than Crawford in the shootout. And we sucked. Which means it wasn't his fault we lost, it was the offensive guys.

Not a shocker at all, I had been saying he was a great breakaway goalie for a while. I'm more worried about him when there is traffic. When I see somebody with a clean break, I always feel Crow will stop it.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Not a shocker at all, I had been saying he was a great breakaway goalie for a while. I'm more worried about him when there is traffic. When I see somebody with a clean break, I always feel Crow will stop it.

Unless it says "Boedker" on the back of their jersey, lol!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Craw scared me anytime the puck was below the end line/around or behind the net and had to move post to post

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I can see it now, but like I said, I think I just got it in my head that I dreaded OT and shootouts so much that I just projected suckness onto Crawford and was surprised to see how solid he was in the SO... OT a different story but what are you gonna do.

Mach29

Liked Posts:
This place is the same old......Does somebody here really think Lou is an option????? Not at any price......I'm not big on Crawford's season but it sure wasn't all his fault, or his problem. Coach has to adapt to the players he's got under him and develop a better plan with their talents. Unfortunately Hjalmarsson probably will end up moving on, Leddy can go anytime.

Ton

Liked Posts:
This place is the same old......Does somebody here really think Lou is an option????? Not at any price......I'm not big on Crawford's season but it sure wasn't all his fault, or his problem. Coach has to adapt to the players he's got under him and develop a better plan with their talents. Unfortunately Hjalmarsson probably will end up moving on, Leddy can go anytime.

I don't think anyone really wants Luongo to come here, it was just an acknowledgement of the rumor that was going around. Same thing with Brodeur.