[A] Blackhawks assign all eligible players to Rockford

Sarahanna

Liked Posts:
As the NHL draws closer to a lockout, the Blackhawks made several roster changes on Saturday.

According to Tracey Myers, the Blackhawks assigned forwards Brandon Bollig, Marcus Kruger, Andrew Shaw, Ben Smith, Jimmy Hayes, Brandon Saad, and Brandon Pirri, defensemen Nick Leddy, and Dylan Olsen, and goaltenders Carter Hutton to the Blackhawks affiliate team in the AHL, the Rockford Icehogs.

Other’s that were included in the roster change are forwards Kyle Beach, Terry Broadhurst, Rob Flick, Byron Froese, David Gilbert, Peter LeBlanc, Jeremy Morin, Philippe Paradis, defensemen Adam Clendening, Klas Dahlbeck, Shawn Lalonde, Joe Lavin, and Ryan Stanton, and goaltenders Mac Carruth, Alec Richards, and Kent Simpson all sent to the AHL.

Furthermore, the Blackhawks have also assigned Mark McNeil to the Prince Alberts Raiders in the Western Hockey League, forward Joakim Nordstrom to the Swedish Elite League’s AIK, and forward Phillip Danault to Victoriaville Tigres in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

With no further CBA agreements to take place today, the current CBA agreement is set to expire tonight at 11:59 pm.

Click here to view the article

Ton

Liked Posts:
I have to make a few trips to Rockford this season, that team is going to be fun to watch. Hate to say it, but the lockout could definitely benefit a few of those guys that could use the extra year of development and never got it (Kruger, Leddy) and not to mention a couple of guys that don't really need to be rushed (Saad, Pirri, Shaw, Hayes) also players that were injured a full season (Beach) then lastly, I'm glad Hutton will be facing harder competition since other teams are doing the same with their eligible guys.

Good news all around.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
That may be the only thing good about the lockout.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully it doesn't slow the progress of the younger guys there that will lose ice time or get reassigned.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Didn't even think about that Tater, good point.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't even think about that Tater, good point.

Hopefully its great for the young Blackhawks NHL players though to get top line minutes and develop.

So how are these players paid? Renegotiating contracts to bring them down to AHL salaries? Or do they get their NHL salary?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Hopefully its great for the young Blackhawks NHL players though to get top line minutes and develop.

So how are these players paid? Renegotiating contracts to bring them down to AHL salaries? Or do they get their NHL salary?

All of them are already on EL contracts, they have AHL salaries. For example: Nick Leddy.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
Beach-Pirri-Morin

Saad-Kruger-Shaw

Smith-LeBlanc-Hayes

Paradis-Flick-Bollig

Leddy-Olsen

Stanton-Lalonde

Lavin-Clendening

Hutton

Carruth

I like it. Granted, other AHL teams will be stacked with young NHLers too ... but that kinda makes it even better.

DROP THE PUCK!

daze71

Liked Posts:
Here is a question with no NHL season and a whole bunch of players being sent to Rockford is there ways to stream there games online so we as hockey and Hawk fans can get our fix? Does the Ice Hogs website have a message boards like this as well or would someone here in IHN try and stream it.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully it doesn't slow the progress of the younger guys there that will lose ice time or get reassigned.

That's what I was thinking. The ECHL team is going to be infused with AHL talent that got their playing time taken by NHL players on ELCs. Some ECHL players will loose roster spots. Is there a a league lower than ECHL other than beer league?

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rockford, Ill.- The American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, in conjunction with 23-WIFR, announced a partnership that will televise all 76 regular season and all additional postseason contests live on 23.2, (23 Weather Now) for the 2012-13 regular and postseason.

http://www.icehogs.com/news/icehogs/index.html?article_id=3453&content_type=printable&plugin_id=news.front.system&block_id=5001

That's what I was thinking. The ECHL team is going to be infused with AHL talent that got their playing time taken by NHL players on ELCs. Some ECHL players will loose roster spots. Is there a a league lower than ECHL other than beer league?

USHL http://www.ushl.com/

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Rockford, Ill.- The American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, in conjunction with 23-WIFR, announced a partnership that will televise all 76 regular season and all additional postseason contests live on 23.2, (23 Weather Now) for the 2012-13 regular and postseason.

http://www.icehogs.c...m&block_id=5001

USHL http://www.ushl.com/

USHL has an age limit similar to that of Canadian juniors though. There are a few other league around that even though the Hawks aren't affiliated with, the players could play in, if Bowman could talk to players and other teams I'm sure he'd be trying to loan some of them to lower teams

Central Hockey League

Southern Proffesional Hockey League

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

IHL and CHL.

I'm fine with this to be honest. Forces more competition for ice time instead of guys being fillers. Plus, in the ECHL, they only run 3 forward lines and 5 defensemen I believe, so even more time for guys who would of been in the AHL.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Are most of the other clubs doing this as well to their young players? Will this be an ultra competitive AHL this year?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
My ticket rep called and harassed me today, gonna be a fun season in Rockford.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Icehogs vs. Whalers in the Calder Cup Finals!!

Dylan McIlrath is a fucking monster.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Judging by what time this was posted, are you sure it wasn't the other way around??

Wish it was... I was offered a 5 game pack with 2 games for free, they're really trying to get people out there, and I will be there.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see OKC when they come to town with Eberle, RNH, Schultz, and Paajarvi.