[A] Blackhawks assign all eligible players to Rockford

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Wish it was... I was offered a 5 game pack with 2 games for free, they're really trying to get people out there, and I will be there.

No shit, I'll make a few treks this winter when I can. Only time I'll go to All State is if the Wolves are playing OKC or Rockford.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Yup a few of these guys should be in rockford anyways. It will do them some good. AHL is going to be a hell of a league this season. It's going to be a blessing in disguise for players like Kruger and Leddy etc.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the more reason to attend Skate on Saturday, November 10th!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like the Winterhawks will be my only hockey fix.

That or streaming the Slovak Extraliga or the KHL

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skate's pro game is the Hogs vs. Milwaukee Tix are just $15.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Long time no see secret, looking forward to seeing some great pictures this year!

secretobcession

Liked Posts:
Per the IceHogs Website...

ROCKFORD TRIMS ROSTER BY SIX

10/06/2012 1:56 PM

By: Mike Peck

7dd45d96fed1dd55b5ebe03a9d0b668c.200.jpg
Hogs roster now stands at 26 skaters

Rockford, Ill.-Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliations Mark Bernard announced on Saturday that the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs have trimmed their training camp roster down to 26 players.

Forwards Terry Broadhurst and Byron Froese, along with goalie Kent Simpson, where reassigned to the IceHogs’ ECHL affiliate Toledo Walleye. Winger David Gilbert was reassigned to the Central Hockey League’s Bloomington Blaze.

Goalie Mac Carruth was reassigned to the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League.

Forward Chris DeSousa was also released from his training camp try-out agreement.

Rockford’s 26 man roster features 15 forwards, nine defensemen and two goalies entering Saturday’s preseason finale in Peoria against the Rivermen.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Per the IceHogs Website...

ROCKFORD TRIMS ROSTER BY SIX

10/06/2012 1:56 PM

By: Mike Peck

7dd45d96fed1dd55b5ebe03a9d0b668c.200.jpg
Hogs roster now stands at 26 skaters

Rockford, Ill.-Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliations Mark Bernard announced on Saturday that the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs have trimmed their training camp roster down to 26 players.

Forwards Terry Broadhurst and Byron Froese, along with goalie Kent Simpson, where reassigned to the IceHogs’ ECHL affiliate Toledo Walleye. Winger David Gilbert was reassigned to the Central Hockey League’s Bloomington Blaze.

Goalie Mac Carruth was reassigned to the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League.

Forward Chris DeSousa was also released from his training camp try-out agreement.

Rockford’s 26 man roster features 15 forwards, nine defensemen and two goalies entering Saturday’s preseason finale in Peoria against the Rivermen.

I think this is another unfortunate consequence of the lockout and having to assign Blackhawk players to Rockford.

R K

Good for Rockford as long as the Lockout continues. Once that ends it's very bad for Rockford they lost 1/4 of their team in one swoop...

xatruio

Liked Posts:
is D Toews in toledo still? I just noticed Brett Lebda is on the Hogs...?

R K

Yes. Lebda signed a contract directly with the Hogs as well. He's not a Blackhawk.

secretobcession

Liked Posts:
HOGS RELEASE OPENING NIGHT ROSTER

10/11/2012 3:43 PM

By: Nate Haeni

d3cc363e739e2562ac111122617f970f.200.jpg

Only five new faces on IceHogs roster

Rockford, Ill.- In a little over two days, the Rockford IceHogs, members of the American Hockey League and proud affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, will hit the ice to open the 2012-13 season. On Thursday, the team released their opening night roster.

The Hogs begin the ‘12-13 regular season on Saturday with a trip to the Allstate Arena for the first of back-to-back contests against the Chicago Wolves. The puck hits the ice at 7 p.m. on Saturday night.

Of the 26 players listed on the IceHogs roster, 81% have worn an IceHogs sweater in the past. The lineup features only five new faces, starting with veteran defenseman and 2008 Stanley Cup Champion Brett Lebda, along with fellow blueliners Adam Clendening and Klas Dahlbeck, and forwards Marcus Kruger and Brandon Saad.

Ten of Rockford’s skaters donned a Blackhawks sweater during the 2011-12 campaign.

Center Martin St. Pierre returns to Rockford after skating with the IceHogs during the 2007-08 season. St. Pierre’s 64 points ranked 10th in the AHL in scoring during 2011-12, and his 53 assists were third best in the league.

After appearing in all 82 games with the Blackhawks last season, defenseman Nick Leddy returns to Rockford, where he skated in 22 tilts in 2010-11.

The full roster is set at 26 skaters, including 15 forwards, nine defensemen and two goaltenders.

Listed below is the IceHogs Opening Day Roster:

Forwards (15): Kyle Beach, Brandon Bollig, Wade Brookbank, Rob Flick, Jimmy Hayes, Marcus Kruger, Peter LeBlanc, Jeremy Morin, Philippe Paradis, Brandon Pirri, Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw, Ben Smith, Martin St. Pierre and Brandon Svendsen.

Defensemen (9): Adam Clendening, Klas Dahlbeck, Shawn Lalonde, Joe Lavin, Brett Lebda, Nick Leddy, Dylan Olsen, Ryan Stanton and Ben Youds.

Goaltenders (2): Carter Hutton and Alec Richards.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for posting that secretobcession.