[A] Blackhawks meet for informal practice

Sarahanna

Liked Posts:
The lockout's in place and all the teams facilities are closed to the players. Yet, that hasn't stopped the Blackhawks players, current and former, from training and getting ready for whenever the season starts up

With the players banned from using the United Center and contacting any team staff, they're left on their own to find a way to rent ice time and practice. That's exactly what they did on Monday. Rounded up by their captain Jonathan Toews via email, the "practice" at Johnny's IceHouse was a chance for the players to stay sharp and in shape.

Among those players that were at the practice were Patrick Sharp, Dave Bolland, Steve Montador, Johnny Oduya, Sheldon Brookbank, Ben Smith, Jamal Mayers, Brandon Pirri, Adam Clendening, and Jeremy Morin.

Additionally, former Hawks that attended the informal practice were Ben Eager (Edmonton), Troy Brouwer (Washington), and Brian Campbell (Florida).

Players shared a mutual feelings as most of them are not in a rush to go to Europe to play hockey during the lockout.

"If it’s absolutely necessary, then I’ll make a decision. Right now, I don’t feel too pressed." stated Toews via [twitter]TramyersCSN[/twitter]

Two days into the lockout and most players seem to be optimistic that the owners and players will soon come to a fair agreement. In the meantime the Blackhawks will keep preparing in hopes that the season will start soon.

[follow='sarahanna44']

Click here to view the article

Ton

Liked Posts:
It's good to see the team isn't booking overseas yet... but the way things are going I feel like it's only a matter of time.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Its nice to see Campbell, Eager and Brouwer sticking with them too. That's awesome!
<

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
It's good to see the team isn't booking overseas yet... but the way things are going I feel like it's only a matter of time.

It's coming. Few bigger names signed over seas contracts today (of course with clauses which would allow them to return to the NHL). Nash, Kovalchuk, Makin, Datsyuk, Thornton being some of the most notable. I think it's around 30 nhlers who have signed overseas now. Seeing that the bigger names are starting to now it's a sign that guys like Toews, Kane, Seabs, Keith, Sharp, Hossa (if he is feeling ready) and the rest will soon follow.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any of these guys with half a brain are going to sign in Europe... get paid nothing, or get paid 55-65% of what they would get paid in the NHL?

Duh....

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think they are playing in Europe for the money, it's to stay in shape and play some hockey. They get their escrow money and probably something from the PA during the lockout. It's not like these guys will be visiting the soup kitchen.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Funny you should mention that. A buddy ran into Kaner this weekend outside a Chicago bar, smoking a cigarette. Kaner actually had the nerve to mention missing his paychecks when asked about the lockout. A guy making 6.3M a season, bitching about missing paychecks. Unbelievable.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Funny you should mention that. A buddy ran into Kaner this weekend outside a Chicago bar, smoking a cigarette. Kaner actually had the nerve to mention missing his paychecks when asked about the lockout. A guy making 6.3M a season, bitching about missing paychecks. Unbelievable.

Well, considering the fact that he's a gamer also if I recall.... Wii U is coming out in December, and a crapload of other good video games are coming out by Christmas.

Can you blame the guy?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Maybe, just like anyone else in this world who has a job, when they don't get a paycheck they miss it. Why is that a bad thing? If I stopped getting paychecks I'd miss it, if they tripled my salary and they stopped giving me paychecks I'd still miss it. It's not like he's striking, and doesn't want to get out there and play.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe, just like anyone else in this world who has a job, when they don't get a paycheck they miss it. Why is that a bad thing? If I stopped getting paychecks I'd miss it, if they tripled my salary and they stopped giving me paychecks I'd still miss it. It's not like he's striking, and doesn't want to get out there and play.

Difference is that for the average joe missing a paycheck hurts, a millionaire whinging about a missed paycheck is just a douche.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bullshit, he has bills just as much as anyone else. And it's not his fault he's a millionaire. He's worked hard his entire life to make that money and now it's his fault that he's not getting it? What does it matter how much he makes, he wants to work and they won't let him. And now he's whining because he's not getting a paycheck because a guy on a message board hear it from a friend who talked to him outside of a bar while smoking? Sheesh, just like Cutler people will look for reasons to be done on this kid.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it is a bit more...annoying to hear from a Kaner since, if people on this board miss paychecks, kids go hungry, houses are repossessed, medicine cannot be had.

If Kaner misses paychecks, he may have to postpone buying that mansion in Aspen he may have had his eye on. A liiiiittle harder to feel bad for Kaner over say a fellow boardie...

supraman

Liked Posts:
Nah fuck you people I like kaner than most you bastards

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The point is that the comment about missing paychecks is the first thing out of his mouth when asked about the lockout. Not that it sucks they won't be playing, or that he will miss playing, or that it sucks for the fans, nothing of the sort. Just that he's going to miss the money.

supraman

Liked Posts:
The point is that the comment about missing paychecks is the first thing out of his mouth when asked about the lockout. Not that it sucks they won't be playing, or that he will miss playing, or that it sucks for the fans, nothing of the sort. Just that he's going to miss the money.

I would miss the money the most too.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
When you get paid $6.3M just to play a sport, let alone get $6.3M a year for anything, wouldn't you?

Remember, before Kane became a Hawk, I'm sure that he didn't make millions. Who wouldn't miss that kind of money? I don't blame Kane for being blunt about it. He wants to go have fun with it. Let the kid enjoy his life.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know that if I had already bankrolled a couple of millions, I wouldn't be whinging about missing a paycheck that will eventually come anyways. But I am not a greedy shit. And it seems that Kane has come from a pretty privileged household so it's not like he's ever needed to struggle.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know that if I had already bankrolled a couple of millions, I wouldn't be whinging about missing a paycheck that will eventually come anyways. But I am not a greedy shit. And it seems that Kane has come from a pretty privileged household so it's not like he's ever needed to struggle.
Wow you sound like a pouting crybaby.