Blackhawks Memorable Moments

Ton

Liked Posts:
Every time I watch that Scott/Westgarth fight I cringe. He was so bloody I literally thought Scott knocked Westgarth's nose clean off his face.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
ohhhhh yah!!! Forgot all about it. Funniest shit ever.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQD6VP-csEg[/media]
That video is awesome, I didn't remember even seeing it the first time. I love how the guys wife is loving the taunt.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Was at this game live...

Ruutu picking Modanos pocket, and scoring on the breakaway as pretty boy sulks at the blue line was awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSowcwhOTE[/youtube]

As a non-season ticket holder, I actually had tickets to some of the memorable's already mentioned.

Bondra's 500th I was at, didn't even know he scored at first. Then my Uncle reminded me it was his 500th as we were cheering. Completely forgot.

Was at the Calgary game when Seabs won it in OT.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Was at this game live...

Ruutu picking Modanos pocket, and scoring on the breakaway as pretty boy sulks at the blue line was awesome.

As a non-season ticket holder, I actually had tickets to some of the memorable's already mentioned.

Bondra's 500th I was at, didn't even know he scored at first. Then my Uncle reminded me it was his 500th as we were cheering. Completely forgot.

Was at the Calgary game when Seabs won it in OT.

I remember that Ruutu goal, I was there for that too. If I remember right that was Savvy's first game behind the bench as well

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
This thread has done nothing but miss hockey even more.

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
Good, here's another one:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjPokB0NIg[/media]

He was a monster on the ice, but one of the nicest athletes I've ever met off of it. Getting to talk to him and play street hockey as an 8 year old kid was one of the coolest things and I'll never forget it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was a monster on the ice, but one of the nicest athletes I've ever met off of it. Getting to talk to him and play street hockey as an 8 year old kid was one of the coolest things and I'll never forget it.

That's awesome, I'm happy for you.

I haven't watched this video since the year anniversary of his death. As gay as it sounds, it brings a tear to my eye because this is the player I identified with the most growing up, he was my hero. It would have been a privilege and an honor to meet him in person.

There will never be a player like Probert ever.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good, here's another one:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjPokB0NIg[/media]

RIP BOB PROBERT!

No shame man. The guy is a legend and wasn't just a "goon". He was not only the prototypical enforcer, but he was the best. damned. enforcer. to. ever. play. the. game.

I know I'm not the only Blackhawks fan that so wishes he was on the ice when Torres cheap-shotted both Seabs and Hossa. Nothing against Bollig, Scott, or Grimson; Probert wouldn't have let something as minor as Torres turtling (or checking his menses--they still haven't confirmed which happened) or the officials holding him back from hastening Torres' exit from the arena....in a bodybag.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another favorite moment:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zASFlVE5Xt0[/youtube]

I know it's the "in" thing to rag on Huet's performance (or lack thereof), but this save was unreal.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
That's awesome, I'm happy for you.

I haven't watched this video since the year anniversary of his death. As gay as it sounds, it brings a tear to my eye because this is the player I identified with the most growing up, he was my hero. It would have been a privilege and an honor to meet him in person.

There will never be a player like Probert ever.

Pussy

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
January 8, 2003.

I got to see possibly the last 0-0 tie in Blackhawks history versus Phoenix.

Leighton earned a shutout in his NHL debut, and Bierk earned his first shutout as well.

Ton

Liked Posts:
January 8, 2003.

I got to see possibly the last 0-0 tie in Blackhawks history versus Phoenix.

Leighton earned a shutout in his NHL debut, and Bierk earned his first shutout as well.

Was it memorable because of the performance? Or just because it was a 0-0 tie?

Just asking because those are the dark days. I can't imagine there was much of an offensive push from either team back then.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was it memorable because of the performance? Or just because it was a 0-0 tie?

Just asking because those are the dark days. I can't imagine there was much of an offensive push from either team back then.

You had two relatively inexperienced netminders, and any team on any given night can have an offensive push. Even some of the worst Blackhawks teams had some good offensive nights. I remember when the Blues were a powerhouse coming into the UC, and the Hawks drubbed them 6-2.

I was expecting at least a few goals on each side, but instead saw the last scoreless tie in Blackhawks history.

R K

I would have to say Cory Crawfords first game in relief. He looked like a 15yr old coming in. Was hilarious!

phranchk

Liked Posts:
I'm surpised there's almost no mentions of games during the Roenick, Amonte, Chelios era. I honestly don't remember specific games, except the Stanley Cup Finals vs the Pens, as I was just getting into hockey around then, but I'm sure some of you have some that stand out.

R K

I'm surpised there's almost no mentions of games during the Roenick, Amonte, Chelios era. I honestly don't remember specific games, except the Stanley Cup Finals vs the Pens, as I was just getting into hockey around then, but I'm sure some of you have some that stand out.

I try and forget game 1 which set the tone for the series. While in college we watched them all on TV. I could talk about the Cup being Hoisted on our home Ice...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I remember Roenick's first game in the playoffs....

Or what about Wayne Pressley's playoffs with the Hawks...Foley yelling..."Elvis Lives". It think it was against the North Stars, Savard high sticked someone and got 5 and a game (drawing blood)...Belfour came in relief for Millen...and Hawks came back to win the game.

There were several games where Keenan would pull Belfour, him and Keenan going at it on the bench, and then getting put back in.

Or Alain Chevrier's playoff runs with the Hawks.....the sign in the second balcony - "The hearbeat of Chicago...Alain Chevrier"

Hawks' losing to Minnesota in the first round. less than 5min into the game, Graham ran Jon Casey from behind...and the parade to the box never stopped

Hawks winning 12 in a row on the way to the Cup vs Pitt

Dave Manson vs Scott Stevens at center ice of the old stadium. It was 5 on 5 at the time and everyone else stopped fighting when they squared off

Pregame fight during warmups vs Minnesota...Chulra and McRae taping their hands up

"Swoop" Van Dorp's fights