Blackhawks Memorable Moments

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
"Riendeau" chants...

Mark Messier and Bill Ranford owning the Hawks the year they won the cup...

Fleury's rookie year in the playoffs with Calgary...scoring huge against CHI...their lineup with Nieuendyk, Mullen, Otto, Fleury, Makarov...

The second balcony standing room crew that would bang on the plywood on the walls...the "drumbeats" ...or how during warmups, when the music stopped...they would call out players..."HEY GRETZKY...YOU SUCK" in unison

Saw Doug Wilson's hat trick...the only game I've ever thrown my hat on the ice

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
I would have to say Cory Crawfords first game in relief. He looked like a 15yr old coming in. Was hilarious!

Remember Crawford's first win? A shutout against the then defending Cup champion Ducks. Unexpected great night at the UC.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember Roenick's first game in the playoffs....

Or what about Wayne Pressley's playoffs with the Hawks...Foley yelling..."Elvis Lives". It think it was against the North Stars, Savard high sticked someone and got 5 and a game (drawing blood)...Belfour came in relief for Millen...and Hawks came back to win the game.

There were several games where Keenan would pull Belfour, him and Keenan going at it on the bench, and then getting put back in.

Or Alain Chevrier's playoff runs with the Hawks.....the sign in the second balcony - "The hearbeat of Chicago...Alain Chevrier"

Hawks' losing to Minnesota in the first round. less than 5min into the game, Graham ran Jon Casey from behind...and the parade to the box never stopped

Hawks winning 12 in a row on the way to the Cup vs Pitt

Dave Manson vs Scott Stevens at center ice of the old stadium. It was 5 on 5 at the time and everyone else stopped fighting when they squared off

Pregame fight during warmups vs Minnesota...Chulra and McRae taping their hands up

"Swoop" Van Dorp's fights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0j7oN5KGuU

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I was at that one...was awesome. The games at the end of the season that didn't mean anything were all like that ...fight fests

Other great fights were - Thomas fucking up Avery when Avery was a red wing

Manson running back on the ice vs Toronto when Savard was getting beat up

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Probert when he was on DET 1 punch knocking out Big Daddy Bob McGill...and skating to the box holding 1 finger up.

After the game saying he couldn't believe the little guy wanted to fight him

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Not video, but always makes me laugh.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iviLY1RvNc[/media]

I remember hearing that live on the radio. I was amazed someone didn't come in ala Strother Martin in Slap Shot and rip the mic out of his hand.

That's the Foley I miss.

R K

If you ever chat with Troy Murray ask him to describe the moment Foley did that. Will be one of the best stories you'll ever hear.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Not video, but always makes me laugh.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iviLY1RvNc[/media]

WOW!! I have never heard that before. I have neeeeeeever heard a local play by play slam a hometown player like that ever!!! Holy crap thats violent!!!

Need more of that from all play by play guys. Stop kissing ass and tell it like it is!!! If that's how Foley used to be I missed some damn good times.

daze71

Liked Posts:
WOW!! I have never heard that before. I have neeeeeeever heard a local play by play slam a hometown player like that ever!!! Holy crap thats violent!!!

Need more of that from all play by play guys. Stop kissing ass and tell it like it is!!! If that's how Foley used to be I missed some damn good times.
Foley himself admitted that when Karpo when healthy was a very good d-man key word was when he was healthy.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Foley make some comment aboot vodka and/or donuts regarding Karpotsev during a game as well.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll tell you what, I'm forming some pretty memorable moments about the Hawks right now...

daze71

Liked Posts:
I know it was mentioned by several people in here, but I didn't see it posted yet.

[media]http://youtu.be/tvpxVE_kQXg[/media]

I was there it was awesome second balcony all the way in the corner.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Corey Crawford confronts the diving ******, Mike Smith:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdU1W-aV1UE[/media]

Was awesome to be at Game 3 live and see this happen, I don't think they showed it on TV.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
They definitely didn't, lol