The Football (Soccer for us dumb Americans) Thread

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbslWQh-R_U[/media]

This is a disgusting soccer goal by who I think is one of the best footballers in the world.

I know you dinks don't like soccer but I don't care. Not only was this an amazing goal it was his 4th in the game. He was outstanding all game, His 3rd goal was a beauty also.

Ton

Liked Posts:
That was incredible... so unbelievable it looked photoshopped,.. what a beast.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw this! AMAZING! He scored all four didnt he? I would concur with "best of the world's footballers" easily.

Like Celtic's 2 - 1 upset over Barcelona? I was screaming like it was Hossa scoring in overtime after his major.

And dont lump ME into those dinks... Without hockey I have been watching the shit outta UEFA and Premier.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zlatan is a ridiculous player. He talks a lot, but he also backs it up in spades. He's one of those special players that can win a game himself if he's in the mood.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bought by the EPL in 5....4.....3...2....

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HA! Never know! He certainly made his way through Spain...

I dont get to watch him much domestic, I mean, who is gonna watch Ligue 1? Bleh...

But I just watched em hat trick assists against Zagreb the other week, was 4 - 0 PSG. He was in rare form. Fun player to watch.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reminds me of Reggie Miller of NBA fame (my favorite NBA player of all time)...

Talks MAD shit all the time, only just as soon as you are ready to hate em, he backs it up.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
oh god I never knew he was such a douchebag!! Makes me like him even more.

Don't get these stories about footballers in my corner of the world so I have nothing to really base my judgements on other than how they perform on the field. I knew he was a bit of a head case but this is great!!

Like him even more now. What a character.

He and Balotelli should go out for drinks then beat up Ronaldo.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh god I never knew he was such a douchebag!! Makes me like him even more.

Don't get these stories about footballers in my corner of the world so I have nothing to really base my judgements on other than how they perform on the field. I knew he was a bit of a head case but this is great!!

Like him even more now. What a character.

He and Balotelli should go out for drinks then beat up Ronaldo.

RACIST!!!! You only root for the white strikers! I see through your Canadian HATEORADE mister!

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I saw this! AMAZING! He scored all four didnt he? I would concur with "best of the world's footballers" easily.

Like Celtic's 2 - 1 upset over Barcelona? I was screaming like it was Hossa scoring in overtime after his major.

And dont lump ME into those dinks... Without hockey I have been watching the shit outta UEFA and Premier.

The Bhoys really took it to Barca in that match. 'Mon the Hoops!!!!

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is one from Mexes (AC Milan) that might be one of the most beautiful goals I have ever seen.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSyuGuOYIXU[/media]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Very nice indeed, the goalie was frozen...

Ton

Liked Posts:
Wow that was a crazy goal too... not sure which one I like better. I think Ibrahimovic was a bit further out so his accuracy was more impressive (realistically both of them were extremely impressive in that department) but Mexes displayed great ball control. Both were awesome to watch.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow that was a crazy goal too... not sure which one I like better. I think Ibrahimovic was a bit further out so his accuracy was more impressive (realistically both of them were extremely impressive in that department) but Mexes displayed great ball control. Both were awesome to watch.

The best part about Mexes goal is that he was playing center back this game. That would be a bit like Keith scoring a goal that looked like Savard's against EDM.

But then again, he IS French...
<

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
great goal. too bad Milan sucks!!!! Juventus for president!!!

HA! Is that who you are watching this Champions? They will most definitely move on. I think Shakhtar is going to take the group, but I always enjoy watching Juv play, REAL easy on the eyes. Considering Chelsea has just fallen apart and the Nords, well, they are just happy to be there, it should be easy sailing. I will be interested to see if Chelsea brings the A team to Champions or scrubs to try and hold on to their domestic before it slips through their fingers.