Corey Crawford Appreciation Thread

sth

Liked Posts:
Very nice return from injury for Corey. That no shutout thing was silly. But now that he has two, even that has been defanged. Not that Emery hasn't been great too, he has. But I'm glad I never gave up on Corey.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I'm glad I never gave up on him either

After the pathetic display of goaltending the Hawks had last year, it's good to see him and Emery both rebound to give them a well above average net prescence

supraman

Liked Posts:
I bitched about Crow last year I admit it but I always said this year was his put up or shut up year. He put up thus far. Emery, I never thought Emery was bad last year. Frankly I was surprised he resigned, I felt he played good enough to compete for a starting job on a team in need of goaltending. So it tells me Emery is happy with this gig. So right now goaltending in Chicago is solid as a rock. Although I still miss Niemi just because his style was more entertaining than Crow. It is pure entertainment factor.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They should trade him now for Niemi......

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford with his 3rd shutout of the season when he only played 1 period.

Monster.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
so why does he get the shutout? what's the rule. or logic? because he started and didn't give up a goal before leaving?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
so why does he get the shutout? what's the rule. or logic? because he started and didn't give up a goal before leaving?

He was winning when he left/was taken out. He also had a shutout at the same point.

W and SO go to Craw,

Ton

Liked Posts:
You're wrong Grimson. The W goes to Crawford but the SO goes to neither Crawford nor Emery. It is considered a "team" shutout or "bench".

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
'

thats stupid

and so are you

You are wrong Stu, Yahoo has the shutout scored to nobody. Just traded for Crawford this week in fantasy and did not get the always valuable shutout.

Both have 1.000 SV% and 0.00 GAA, both also got credit for the W, but neither the shutout.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
You are wrong Stu, Yahoo has the shutout scored to nobody. Just traded for Crawford this week in fantasy and did not get the always valuable shutout.

Both have 1.000 SV% and 0.00 GAA, both also got credit for the W, but neither the shutout.

yah I noticed that too when i checked my fantasy points. Apparently its registered as a "team shut out". Honestly how often does something like this happen. I really think it's the first time I have seen it happen, I can't think of another time. Of course im sure it has happened in the past I just never really paid attention to it. Its def a rare hockey moment. Why am I not surprised it happened with the Hawks this season?

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
yah I noticed that too when i checked my fantasy points. Apparently its registered as a "team shut out". Honestly how often does something like this happen. I really think it's the first time I have seen it happen, I can't think of another time. Of course im sure it has happened in the past I just never really paid attention to it. Its def a rare hockey moment. Why am I not surprised it happened with the Hawks this season?

Happened last year with the Wings, I had Howard and he had to leave the game. He had logged more TOI than the backup MacDonald but they never gave either the shutout.

Guess we'd be more familiar if the 3 shutouts this year didn't equal the entire prior 10 years for the Hawks.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Happened last year with the Wings, I had Howard and he had to leave the game. He had logged more TOI than the backup MacDonald but they never gave either the shutout.

Guess we'd be more familiar if the 3 shutouts this year didn't equal the entire prior 10 years for the Hawks.

hahahahaha indeed!!!

it makes sense i guess. I mean you wouldn't give the starting pitcher and the reliever both a perfect game if it happened in baseball. Having to play the entire game for those stats makes sense. But I'll never be able to wrap my head around Craw getting the win tonight and not Emery. Ill certainly take it for fantasy points also but just seems like an odd rule in hockey. Guy icing the most minutes in my opinion should get the win stat.

No big deal anyways the team W is the most important.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wait.... they were both credited with a win?