Kyle Beach On Waivers

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209765" data-time="1380143212">
<div>

Sorry if this sounds too Bowmanesque, but I would rather we focus on a repeat than give some kid yet ANOTHER chance to make an impression and win a spot.  This is a professional team after all.  Would the Bears do something like that if an injury didn't force their hand?  What about any baseball team in midseason form in the top tier of the league standings?  Didn't think so.</p>

</p>

The kid has size, supposedly some skill, but that's it.  The kid looked great at Spokane, then looked okay but horribly selfish ( -24 !?!?!?!? ) in Rockford, had the injury, looked okay last year, but again...never impressed anyone.  Read the scouting report, not impressed, good luck to you in the future.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

people only use +/- when they want to, all other times it's a shitty arguement. he was a -24 in his first pro year on a bad team</p>

</p>

Dylan Olsen was -18 so I guess he was selfish and not very good also</p>

Nick Leddy was -7 in only 20 games, and we rewarded him by calling him up to kill penalties.\</p>

</p>

Beach has been a plus player since then though, so I would call that a hell of an improvement from his first year in pro hockey.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209764" data-time="1380142995">
<div>

him getting into a fight with Akim Aliu, someone who has gotten into fights with teammates wherever he has gone, is what disgusts you about Beach?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Damn, I was confusing him with the Downie and Aliu bus hazing incident.  Still, the non-official scouting reports for Beach are that he is a selfish player ala Sean Avery.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209767" data-time="1380143447">
<div>

Damn, I was confusing him with the Downie and Aliu bus hazing incident.  Still, the non-official scouting reports for Beach are that he is a selfish player ala Sean Avery.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

yeah, all of those fights he got in for sticking up for his teammates is really selfish.</p>

Then again, Scouts also say Brandon Piiri is selfish, and he lead the AHL in assists last year.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209766" data-time="1380143427">
<div>

people only use +/- when they want to, all other times it's a shitty arguement. he was a -24 in his first pro year on a bad team</p>

</p>

Dylan Olsen was -18 so I guess he was selfish and not very good also</p>

Nick Leddy was -7 in only 20 games, and we rewarded him by calling him up to kill penalties.\</p>

</p>

Beach has been a plus player since then though, so I would call that a hell of an improvement from his first year in pro hockey.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

He wasn't just -24.  He had nearly 40 points (16 goals) which means he was on the ice for approximately 30 goals against.  Most likely it is much higher, but I don't have the time to look at all their score sheets and figure it out.  That's not a sign of being on a bad team, that's the sign of a guy not giving a shit about playing defense or getting his linemates to be better at it.  </p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209770" data-time="1380143762">
<div>

He wasn't just -24.  He had nearly 40 points (16 goals) which means he was on the ice for approximately 30 goals against.  Most likely it is much higher, but I don't have the time to look at all their score sheets and figure it out.  That's not a sign of being on a bad team, that's the sign of a guy not giving a shit about playing defense or getting his linemates to be better at it.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

and again, first year of pro can be overwhelming. It's a big jump from juniors to pro</p>

</p>

and also, you're assuming that all of his 40 points were even strength.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209771" data-time="1380143785">
<div>

2009 article by Chris Block is what we're going with?</p>

</p>

Come on Pete.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

The stories regarding his immature and selfish on ice antics in the article are fact.  Who cares who wrote it?</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209772" data-time="1380143827">
<div>

and again, first year of pro can be overwhelming. It's a big jump from juniors to pro</p>

</p>

and also, you're assuming that all of his 40 points were even strength.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

No I didn't, I specifically said I would have to look at the score sheets to see how they earned all those points, who else scored when he was on, and who all was on when he was scored against.  I'm no amateur, D.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209773" data-time="1380143853">
<div>

The stories regarding his immature and selfish on ice antics in the article are fact.  Who cares who wrote it?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I was more pointing out that it is almost 5 years old, and not the writer.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209775" data-time="1380143974">
<div>

I was more pointing out that it is almost 5 years old, and not the writer.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

So, is your argument that he has matured?  </p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209778" data-time="1380144254">
<div>

So, is your argument that he has matured?  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm pretty sure I've said that in most of my rebuttals in this thread.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209765" data-time="1380143212">
<div>

Sorry if this sounds too Bowmanesque, but I would rather we focus on a repeat .  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If playing someone on the 3rd or 4th line for a half-dozen games will affect the Hawks chances of repeating, then...</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209779" data-time="1380144290">
<div>

I'm pretty sure I've said that in most of my rebuttals in this thread.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

At the end of the day, this is a lot like Bertuzzi.  Some people are willing to forgive him his transgressions while some of us call him a criminal.  I understand the WHL can be an amateur boxing night sometimes but I don't care for any player that jumps a smaller guy from behind, no matter how old or immature they are when they do it.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="209780" data-time="1380144626">
<div>

If playing someone on the 3rd or 4th line for a half-dozen games will affect the Hawks chances of repeating, then...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

We dominated the league in the regular season last year then let the Wangs take us to 7.  </p>

</p>

Do you enjoy smoking cigarettes while pumping gas into your car?  lol</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209781" data-time="1380144749">
<div>

At the end of the day, this is a lot like Bertuzzi.  Some people are willing to forgive him his transgressions while some of us call him a criminal.  I understand the WHL can be an amateur boxing night sometimes but I don't care for any player that jumps a smaller guy from behind, no matter how old or immature they are when they do it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

big difference in fighting a smaller player, and what Bertuzzi did</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4VcilNMfjM</p>

</p>

that is nothing like what Bertuzzi did, and it's something Beach was sent out there to do after an earlier line brawl.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209782" data-time="1380144825">
<div>

We dominated the league in the regular season last year then let the Wangs take us to 7.  </p>

</p>

Do you enjoy smoking cigarettes while pumping gas into your car?  lol</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

So if Beach comes up for 6 games last year, we lose to the Wings in 7 and I start smoking cigarettes, and enjoy doing while pumping gas into my car and it blows up.</p>

</p>

OK.  Never thought of it taht way before.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
He has been a gamble that hasn't paid off. His best year in the Western League came as he turned 20, and his best year in the AHL saw him average .5 points a game in 2010-11. If he had what it took to get a look in the NHL, he'd have gotten one by now.</p>

</p>

And if Bowman really cared about whether he was a Tallon pick or not, I'm pretty sure other Tallon guys whould not be getting huge extensions now.</p>

</p>

Maybe he's the nicest guy on the planet, but it really doesn't matter here. This is a team whose goal is to win a championship every year. If Kyle Beach gets playing time in the NHL in a game with meaning, that isn't going to happen.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want to see Beach succeed with us as much as any player that was drafted by us, signed by us and/or plays for Rockford.</p>

</p>

My biggest issue with Beach's preseason was this: </p>

</p>

Morin comes out hungry for a spot--scores a couple of goals, stakes into trafic areas and looks fast and hungry.</p>

Bollig comes out hungry for a spot, looks a bit quicker, scores a couple of goals and is not shy about going to the front of the net.</p>

Hayes looks like he got out of the quicksand and is fighting corner battles.</p>

Smith looks like he's trying to show the 'hawks that leaving him off of the 2013 roster was a huge mistake.</p>

</p>

Meanwhile Beach looked like he was coasting for a bit, did not look like he wanted to get dirty in the corners or at the front of the net, then trows a nice hipcheck and gets into a fight which he loses.</p>

</p>

IMHO it doesn't matter who you're on a line with--in Beach's position he could have moved his feet more and could have been willing to get thumped and ground into the boards.  It's not about who has a better chance than who, it's taking advantage of the chance you have. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209770" data-time="1380143762">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

You didn't see much of the Ice Hogs last year apparently.  They led the AHL in penalties and were short handed most of the season.  It wasn't just Beach or is the +/- much indication of ANY player on that team.  That's just how many penalties they took.</p>