Kyle Beach On Waivers

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="209785" data-time="1380146167">
<div>

He has been a gamble that hasn't paid off. His best year in the Western League came as he turned 20, and his best year in the AHL saw him average .5 points a game in 2010-11. If he had what it took to get a look in the NHL, he'd have gotten one by now.</p>

</p>

And if Bowman really cared about whether he was a Tallon pick or not, I'm pretty sure other Tallon guys whould not be getting huge extensions now.</p>

</p>

Maybe he's the nicest guy on the planet, but it really doesn't matter here. This is a team whose goal is to win a championship every year. If Kyle Beach gets playing time in the NHL in a game with meaning, that isn't going to happen.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Unfortunately for Beach when he finally figured it out he incurred a season ending injury.  Where most of the players ahead of him on the Depth chart, IE Hayes, Morin, and Pirri just passed him right by.</p>

</p>

Partially his fault, and partially the organization never really giving him a fair shake.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
What I remember about Kyle Beach was a Youtube of him in the CHL and he was dominating that game and then towards the end was completely showboating.</p>

</p>

A quick search on youtube and I couldnt find it and I'm not going to dig for it but anyway that's what I remember. However he was a kid and probably has matured by now.</p>

R K

He was a man playing against boys that year.  Those stats were skewed due to that.  Still I think in the last two years he's very much matured, unfortunately his injury really hurt him where depth in this organization sits.</p>

</p>

I did find it interesting not ANY of the other 29 teams claimed him off waivers.  He is surely an NHL 3rd liner on MANY other teams not named the Chicago Blackhawks.</p>

</p>

Either way good for Rockford to have him and IF he puts up good numbers they could actually get something in return for him possibly.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209792" data-time="1380157917">
<div>

He was a man playing against boys that year.  Those stats were skewed due to that.  Still I think in the last two years he's very much matured, unfortunately his injury really hurt him where depth in this organization sits.</p>

</p>

I did find it interesting not ANY of the other 29 teams claimed him off waivers.  He is surely an NHL 3rd liner on MANY other teams not named the Chicago Blackhawks.</p>

</p>

Either way good for Rockford to have him and IF he puts up good numbers they could actually get something in return for him possibly.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If it weren't for that injury, He would have been called up that season instead of Shaw IMO</p>

</p>

Plus, he had like 4g and 4a in 10 games before getting hurt. Then he came back too soon.</p>

R K

It's possible.</p>

</p>

If Smith hadn't got hurt last year, Shaw might not have been called up.  Injuries are funny things sometimes.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many years did Bobby Ryan spend in the AHL?    Some players take more time.   I think he deserves a shot, if not as a Blackhawk then I hope Stan can trade him to a team willing to give him his chance.</p>

</p>

Also, anybody else get a chuckle out of Bigpete and Mikita's helmet bickering?</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="209803" data-time="1380194802">
<div>

How many years did Bobby Ryan spend in the AHL?    Some players take more time.   I think he deserves a shot, if not as a Blackhawk then I hope Stan can trade him to a team willing to give him his chance.</p>

</p>

Also, anybody else get a chuckle out of Bigpete and Mikita's helmet bickering?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Don't light up at the gas pumps. That's good stuff, even for non-smokers.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="209803" data-time="1380194802">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

Here's what I don't get: Why would a team trade for him when they could have had him a couple of days ago for free?</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

Beach has been in the AHL 4 years and was about 0.5 points per game for a couple years then 0.4 ppg last year (back-sliding, not improving.)</p>

</p>

Ryan played the tail end of 2 seasons (after his JR team was done), then the next 2 seasons he split time between the NHL and AHL...so he played 70 regular season and 35 playoff games in the AHL and was about twice as productive (1.0 points per game) than Beach.</p>

</p>

So I fail to see any grounds to compare these 2 players.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="209791" data-time="1380152897">
<div>

What I remember about Kyle Beach was a Youtube of him in the CHL and he was dominating that game and then towards the end was completely showboating.</p>

</p>

A quick search on youtube and I couldnt find it and I'm not going to dig for it but anyway that's what I remember. However he was a kid and probably has matured by now.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd7xk6JXZt8</p>

</p>

There was a lot more to that story, though.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

We gotta find something to argue about.</p>

</p>

I think Kyle Beach - and what the Hawks should do or not do with him - and BP's support of the death penalty and my oppostion to it are our two BIG points of discord. :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I was really hoping he challenged Bolligs spot as he obviously has more skill. The fact that he couldn't beat out a guy who is less skilled and only plays 5-7 minutes a night obviously says something.

He was a boom or bust pick who's obvious flaws was his skating and acceleration as well as his consistency. Let's see how he responds after getting unclaimed by 29 other teams. He could easily still be called up.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Either way you look at it he's not worth his own three page thread.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'd like to know which of the many teams he'd be a third liner for if he couldn't beat out Bollig for a 4th line spot here.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="209824" data-time="1380224807">
<div>

I'd like to know which of the many teams he'd be a third liner for if he couldn't beat out Bollig for a 4th line spot here.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Huzzah!</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="209826" data-time="1380226779">
<div>

Huzzah!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

If dumb ass would do some reasearch he could find out pretty easy.  Beach wasn't in competition with Bollig, Bollig already had the spot BEFORE training camp started.</p>

</p>

But I'm sure even you could pick out several teams Beach could be a 4th liner on and even some he could be a 3rd liner on.</p>

</p>

Why he was taken I don't know, I'm not a GM.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209831" data-time="1380228695">
<div>

If dumb ass would do some reasearch he could find out pretty easy.  Beach wasn't in competition with Bollig, Bollig already had the spot BEFORE training camp started.</p>

</p>

But I'm sure even you could pick out several teams Beach could be a 4th liner on and even some he could be a 3rd liner on.</p>

</p>

Why he was taken I don't know, I'm not a GM.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well you know I was the biggest Beach fan on here.</p>

</p>

I agree with you actually... I just thought Variable's snarky comment was funny for once ever.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Really wasn't being that snarky, I'd honestly like to know which of the many NHL teams where he would be pulling down a regular shift, third line spot.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="209833" data-time="1380231320">
<div>

Well you know I was the biggest Beach fan on here.</p>

</p>

I agree with you actually... I just thought Variable's snarky comment was funny for once ever.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I would have never seen it had you not copied it.  I have her on ignore for a reason. </p>

</p>

It's like reading a bad version of Lady Hawk.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209840" data-time="1380234021">
<div>

I would have never seen it had you not copied it.  I have her on ignore for a reason. </p>

</p>

It's like reading a bad version of Lady Hawk.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#dda0dd;">Ladyhawk</span></span><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="color:#dda0dd;"> ? :violence-hammer:</span></span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :eek:bscene-birdiered:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :scared-yipes:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :angry-screaming:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :angry-banghead:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :angry-cussingblack:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :hand:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :naughty:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :icon-sad:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">  :doh:</span><span style="color:rgb(221,160,221);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"> </span><span style="color:rgb(238,130,238);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO</span><span style="color:rgb(238,130,238);font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">OOOOO !!   PLEASE Neverrrr say that again !!!!</span></p>