Kyle Beach On Waivers

R K

Beach had to clear waivers before being sent to Rockford.</p>

</p>

He has been assigned to Rockford as NONE of the other 29 teams wanted him.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209655" data-time="1380040892">
<div>

NONE of the other 29 teams wanted him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Exactly.  I will be so glad when I never have to hear that kid's name again.  What a wasted draft pick....</p>

R K

I disagree.  I think he has talent and has never gotten a fair shake here.  I don't get your hate, but I think he's a good kid.  Partially that fair shake was his fault, but partially it was the organizations fault. </p>

</p>

Unfortunately for him Jimmy Hayes has passed him on the depth chart.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Talent, yes.  I agree seeing as I've followed him through his WHL career, but I think I said this before: there are 2 roster slots that he, Hayes, Morin, Smith, and Bollig are all competing for, and with the exception of his hipcheck he managed to look completely uninterested. That has got to rub the coaching staff the wrong way.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bollig is competing more with Winchester than any other guy for that 13th forward slot.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oops</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Beach got drafted by the Hawks at the wrong time.

He's definitely got some talent, but with the current log jam on the depth chart he's not going to get a chance in Chicago unless he gets off to a hot start in Rockford. What hurts him the most is his skating and his attitude. His acceleration hasn't gotten much better and while some guys can get past that (Brouwer for example) the fact that he's such a prick doesn't help.

R K

Unfortunately Bollig already made the team.  I suppose if he adds ANY offensive numbers I'm ok with it.</p>

</p>

Right now my three making the team are Smith, Hayes, and Pirri (only because he's a Center) or I'd pencil in Morin there.</p>

</p>

Hawks are going to carry a 23 man Roster.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="209666" data-time="1380044732">
<div>

Beach got drafted by the Hawks at the wrong time.

He's definitely got some talent, but with the current log jam on the depth chart he's not going to get a chance in Chicago unless he gets off to a hot start in Rockford. What hurts him the most is his skating and his attitude. His acceleration hasn't gotten much better and while some guys can get past that (Brouwer for example) the fact that he's such a prick doesn't help.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He's a prick?   How so? </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209669" data-time="1380044825">

He's a prick? How so?</p></blockquote>

Oh you know, peeing in teammates water bottles, fighting Aliu at a team dinner, calling Lucic a hunch back when he suffers a medical disorder.

More like a bad attitude

R K

Not making excuses but he's far from an asshole.  I also think everything you just said were years ago.</p>

</p>

I spent an hour with him the other night and he was completely cool.  THere are those on here that are personal friends with him (which I am not) that would completely disagree with you as well.</p>

</p>

Unfortunately for him he had a season ending injury year before last that pushed him down even further in the depth.  The Depth is the biggest reason he's not here right now.  Has nothing to do with his attitude IMO.</p>

</p>

That and he's Tallons pick which I'm sure plays a role in it.  I am rather surprised he actually cleared waivers.  Hes an NHL Player on many other teams in the NHL.  No question.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm sure I was harsh on my assessment from his younger days.

Didn't he turn down a black aces spot?

Forklift

Liked Posts:
He was a healthy scratch in Rockford's last game this spring. I was genuinely surprised when 1) he got qualified & resigned by the Hawks, and 2) Tallon didn't claim him off waivers.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think about 1/3 of the way into the Hogs season, the Hawks need to give him some playing time, either the 3rd or 4th line for 5 or 6 games, and see if he's got some grit, or can bury some dirty, greasy goals, at the NHL level, and then keep him or, as they just did, waive him.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209657" data-time="1380042527">
<div>

I disagree.  I think he has talent and has never gotten a fair shake here.  I don't get your hate, but I think he's a good kid.  Partially that fair shake was his fault, but partially it was the organizations fault. </p>

</p>

Unfortunately for him Jimmy Hayes has passed him on the depth chart.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I'm not a fan or nor am I sticking up for Akim Aliu but when I heard that story I knew right away that Beach was not a kid I would ever want to see on the Hawks.  I don't care how old he was when it all went down.  I don't care if he's a good kid.  That whole thing disgusted me.</p>

</p>

Considering Beach never did much at Hawk camps or at Rockford to overly impress me, his past is what I will remember about him most.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209762" data-time="1380142624">
<div>

I'm not a fan or nor am I sticking up for Akim Aliu but when I heard that story I knew right away that Beach was not a kid I would ever want to see on the Hawks.  I don't care how old he was when it all went down.  I don't care if he's a good kid.  That whole thing disgusted me.</p>

</p>

Considering Beach never did much at Hawk camps or at Rockford to overly impress me, his past is what I will remember about him most.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

him getting into a fight with Akim Aliu, someone who has gotten into fights with teammates wherever he has gone, is what disgusts you about Beach?</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="209742" data-time="1380128189">
<div>

I think about 1/3 of the way into the Hogs season, the Hawks need to give him some playing time, either the 3rd or 4th line for 5 or 6 games, and see if he's got some grit, or can bury some dirty, greasy goals, at the NHL level, and then keep him or, as they just did, waive him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Sorry if this sounds too Bowmanesque, but I would rather we focus on a repeat than give some kid yet ANOTHER chance to make an impression and win a spot.  This is a professional team after all.  Would the Bears do something like that if an injury didn't force their hand?  What about any baseball team in midseason form in the top tier of the league standings?  Didn't think so.</p>

</p>

The kid has size, supposedly some skill, but that's it.  The kid looked great at Spokane, then looked okay but horribly selfish ( -24 !?!?!?!? ) in Rockford, had the injury, looked okay last year, but again...never impressed anyone.  Read the scouting report, not impressed, good luck to you in the future.  </p>