2013-14 NHL Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So given that he has had one outstanding season and on potential alone, he is worth Benn and Tavares money now?   He has shown little to nothing to prove that worth at this moment.  </p>

</p>

More times than not, blue chips do not live up to the expectations.   If they did, the league would be full of top tier players.   I think the team is fair with their amounts and durations as he is only 22.   Plenty of time to prove he is worth the contracts offered and then some.  The 6 year offer is more than fair for what he has shown.  Nothing says the potential is that much greater.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
He was offered a bridge contract but it wasn't enough.

I don't blame the jackets. They want to see one more solid year before tossing him the keys to the team.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="235890" data-time="1411138105">

He was offered a bridge contract but it wasn't enough.

I don't blame the jackets. They want to see one more solid year before tossing him the keys to the team.</p></blockquote>
Yea $3 mil/year for 2 years is pretty fair. But when he is looking for numbers similar to players that have already established that they deserve; one just has to shake their head.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Oilers fire Eakins; MacTavish reportedly interim coach

I'm exhausted...time for a sammich.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Eakins sucked. He either had no defensive philosophy or one that the players didn't buy into. Grant it, their defensemen aren't the best, but a team like that should have no problem creating offense which they aren't doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.