Pat Foley it's time to retire.

R K

I can not believe how out of touch with the game Foley has become.  He can't watch the game, when he does he doens't know what he's watching, and to top it off he misses half the game even while attempting to watch it.</p>

</p>

Several times last night he was just fucked.  He called out Bickell again and said nothing about OTHER Hawks who are actually healthy but have been worse.</p>

</p>

I think other than the icing he was completely cluesless on or the Kessler/Shaw altercation we'll never know what happened, was the Stanton comments.</p>

</p>

Mr. Foley it was clear that this organization CHOSE to get rid of Stanton vs Kostka.  So Stanton who is staring in Vancouver EVERY GAME was plucked off waivers, while we were stuck with Kostka who couldn't even keep his job in a very WEAK Leafs Roster.</p>

</p>

Don't call out the Hawks, rather continue sucking the dick you never USED TOO.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's probably very limited on what he really wants to say.

That being said, call what you see on the ice (and what the people in the truck see-- they're there to help).

The other night I was forced to watch the Chicago feed because it was the only one available.  Pat and Eddie went on a 5 minute side show, and there were things happening on the ice that needed explanation.  That's their jobs.  DO YOUR JOB.</p>

</p>

I know it's better than Dan Kelly, but that's not a high bar to reach.</p>

</p>

The giggle fest continues. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch enough FLA games (who I love to hear call games) and you get your fill of ESPECIALLY Eddie and Pat. Eddie and Doc I really like. Eddie and Pat are like giggle girls. </p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I miss the old rants Pat and Dale used to go on. Time for Weideman to get his shot.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe my Twitter followers know where I stand on this issue.   </p>

</p>

</p>

5vua11.png
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

:angry-screaming:   :angry-screaming:   :angry-screaming:</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hockeystreams.</p>

</p>

That is all.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="220465" data-time="1391111576">
<div>

Hockeystreams.</p>

</p>

That is all.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

PREACH! </p>

</p>

HS is a godsend. At least 80% of the games now I use the option to switch to the opposition feed. Only in cases where the games are on antennae TV via WGN or where the odd opposition broadcast tandem are actually as bad as Chicago's do I willingly listen to the Hawks feed.</p>

R K

I don't want to switch, rather I want them to put the best on AIR in John and Troy.</p>

</p>

Pat and Dale were the best.  They are no more.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I love how he hates working with Konroyd.  He is a totally different person when calling games with him.  I think John and Troy could have Konny on their broadcast without any issues what-so-ever.  But Pat just disdains Konny's straightforward, no nonsense approach to color.  </p>

</p>

Konny provides color commentary, while Pat likes Edzo because he provides drinks with colored umbrellas and bad jokes.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="220458" data-time="1391108673">
<div>

He's probably very limited on what he really wants to say.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I'll only address the part because I felt that way too for a while but then I listen to the radio feed and find it very well done and actually entertaining still. It's not what he's saying, it's how he's saying it.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="220472" data-time="1391113185">
<div>

I'll only address the part because I felt that way too for a while but then I listen to the radio feed and find it very well done and actually entertaining still. It's not what he's saying, it's how he's saying it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Which is why he got fired in the first place.  Karpotsev rant anyone?</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="220474" data-time="1391113326">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

That rant was one of the best things he ever did.  It never gets old--and if it does, you just stop listening to it for 30 minutes and it's brand new again.</p>

</p>

I do agree though, he probably should be put out to pasture and bring Weiderman up.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
long gone are the days of the free flinging hockey commentator. every home ice announce team is corporate and trying to sell hockey jerseys. i want the radio team also on television but yah that worry is there that they would be muffled also. i really didnt have the luxery of hearing foley back in the hay day outside of hearing things that have gone into the vault. when he came back the streaming interwebs let me hear him for the first time pretty much live. he wasnt bad that first season but man he sucks now!!! painfull him and eddie o..just painfull. </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="220485" data-time="1391116213">
<div>

long gone are the days of the free flinging hockey commentator. every home ice announce team is corporate and trying to sell hockey jerseys. i want the radio team also on television but yah that worry is there that they would be muffled also. i really didnt have the luxery of hearing foley back in the hay day outside of hearing things that have gone into the vault. when he came back the streaming interwebs let me hear him for the first time pretty much live. he wasnt bad that first season but man he sucks now!!! painfull him and eddie o..just painfull. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

No one gives a shit what you have to say.  But I agree.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="220474" data-time="1391113326">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

That rant had nothing to do with Foley leaving.  But it does show at one point he would/could speak his mind. </p>

</p>

But it has zero to do with him leaving the organization.  Not one thing.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="220472" data-time="1391113185">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

John is very good at what he does.  Younger than Foley.  More inspired, more accurate, more in tune with the game.  And he and Troy are very good together.  </p>

</p>

Eddie is very good, or much better on the National Broadcast when he is not with Pat.  Pat and Eddie in my opinion are a nightmare together.  Many times not watching the game but rambling on with whom they are shouting out too for the game, or missing calls/plays on the ice.  Or just doing BABY talk between each other.  It's old.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220497" data-time="1391118292">
<div>

John is very good at what he does.  Younger than Foley.  More inspired, more accurate, more in tune with the game.  And he and Troy are very good together.  </p>

</p>

Eddie is very good, or much better on the National Broadcast when he is not with Pat.  Pat and Eddie in my opinion are a nightmare together.  Many times not watching the game but rambling on with whom they are shouting out too for the game, or missing calls/plays on the ice.  Or just doing BABY talk between each other.  It's old.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And Eddie really seems to get off watching someone eat "soft-serve" ice cream.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="220500" data-time="1391118882">
<div>

And Eddie really seems to get off watching someone eat "soft-serve" ice cream.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

at tree-turty-tree of the turd period!</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="220500" data-time="1391118882">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Seriously man...</p>

</p>

oldguy.gif
</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="220485" data-time="1391116213">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Consider Dale Tallon to be an amalgamation of Konroyd's knowledge based approach with Olczyk's fun based approach to color.  Then add Pat Foley who called a pretty accurate and even paced play by play.  Very different feel in 1996 for instance than what you get now.</p>