'This is crazy': Crawford's goalie pads missing

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-corey-crawford-pads-missing-20140303,0,4209109.story</p>

</p>

'This is crazy': Crawford's goalie pads missing

</p>
<div><span><span>By Rich Campbell, Tribune reporter</span> </span>
<p class=""><span><span>1:37 p.m. CST</span><span>, </span><span>March 3, 2014</span></span></p>
</div>
<div>

First Corey Crawford's specially designed Stadium Series mask never arrived. Now the Blackhawks goalie's best set of leg pads have gone missing.</p>

Crawford was still stunned Monday morning at the disappearance of his pads, which he and the team believe were stolen from Soldier Field on Saturday night, when the Blackhawks beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-1.</p>

"This is crazy," Crawford said. "I’ve never seen this before. I’ve never heard of this before. It’s crazy, man. The trainers are all stunned that it happened. Honestly, I told every guy and some of the guys didn’t believe it happened.�</p>

Crawford wore black pads for the outdoor game Saturday, as the Blackhawks wore black jerseys. It's his set of white pads that are missing.</p>

“Those are the ones I wear all the time — gone," he said. "I was speechless.�</p>

He added: “I like the black gear. We’ll work with that for now.�</p>

Crawford indicated the team has surveillance footage from Soldier Field that might help them identify the thief. </p>

Coach Joel Quenneville laughed Monday when asked after practice whether he saw anyone on his commute to United Center carrying a goalie mask and pads.</p>

"No, but it’d be tough to get away with that one," he said.</p>

Crawford's mask for the Stadium Series game never arrived in Chicago, and neither he nor the team have been able to locate it. Crawford said Monday that the tracking number he had for the shipment continues to turn up empty.</p>

A new set of pads takes only a couple practices to break in, Crawford said.</p>
</div>

</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222647" data-time="1393880531">
<div>

Alright guys.... it was me.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yeah, we all kind of figured as much.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Grimson... please please please don't take the garbage out. We may never see them again.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did see Kieth grab the game puck when the horn blew Sat. night. Pretty bold of someone to swipe Crows pads.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="222665" data-time="1393883708">
<div>

I did see Kieth grab the game puck when the horn blew Sat. night. Pretty bold of someone to swipe Crows pads.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I bet it was Belushi</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="222666" data-time="1393885092">
<div>

I bet it was Belushi</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

<span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:48px;">It was this dude...</span></span></p>

Screen-Shot-2013-11-07-at-10.58.46-AM-630x429.png
</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="222670" data-time="1393887301">
<div>

You mean that's not Belushi?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

It's prolly his little bro. Does look like him some, right? :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FOOOOOD FIIIIIGHTTT!!!!!!!</p>