TGDT: WCF Game 5 - 5/28 Kings (3) @ Blackhawks (1) 7:00 PM CST NBCSN

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Morin play than Regin or Nordstrom. While Regin is fast, that's all he has skill wise. Nordstrom hasn't looked good with the changes he's gotten.

Morin, is a decent skater, but he's more physical and has a better set of hands. Plus, he's aggressive on the forecheck and could easily play with our offensive stars and not be out of place. Morin with Kruger and Sharp/Bickell would be a scary line.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point just getting Versteeg out of there makes the team better.</p>

</p>

I would like to see Morin but I don't think Q would play him.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would it be out of line to say that may be a top five Blackhawks playoff game ever??

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="231374" data-time="1401553841">
<div>

Would it be out of line to say that may be a top five Blackhawks playoff game ever??</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I never saw any of the games in the 60's or prior, but I would agree with that.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I assumed. I didn't even see that this was the game 5 thread.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's definately part of the discussion.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
doesnt matter what scrub plays game seven. much like game six and game five the stars have to show up and crawford needs to play like game six again. at this point who plays regin, morin or versteeg is sort of moot. sharp will probably need to hit some fucking twine in game seven also. who am i kidding like that even ficking matters anymore.</p>

</p>

</p>

its going to be a great game. i have no idea what to expect from game seven. game sevens seem to go one of two ways. either really tight and low scoring or one of the team just fucking steps on the throat of the other. i have no predictions. i am one of those who think this series is actually the cup final but after evaluating the rangers a bit more? i think they can cause some problems for either team with their overall speed and lundqvist if he remains hot. but thats getting ahead of ourselves yet. game seven....kick some king ass please.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Lundqvist is basically the main reason they are where they are. Win the West, win the Cup. </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="231386" data-time="1401575088">
<div>

Lundqvist is basically the main reason they are where they are. Win the West, win the Cup. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

BGITW</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="231386" data-time="1401575088">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Fastest team left in the playoffs. You know the Hawks have issues against fast teams if the Hawks advance. It wont just be lundqvist to watch out for. On paper and on overall talent from the blueline out the Hawks trump the Rangers but a few guys on the Rangers will give the Hawks some issues. St Louis has always played well against the Hawks (reg season anyways) and again that team speed is pretty awesome. Wasn't just Lundqvist who got the Rangers to the final. Team speed had a lot to do with it also and an experienced playoff coach never hurts either.</p>

</p>

But again getting ahead of myself.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
If it was almost anyone other than Lundqvist in the net they wouldn't be in the Final.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="231391" data-time="1401580844">
<div>

If it was almost anyone other than Lundqvist in the net they wouldn't be in the Final.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Cant really say that. Those are what ifs anyways no one will ever know. I don't think it was all Lundqvist against the flyers or pens. Infact I would say Lundqvist wasn't really needed to be called upon in those series that much (had to show up in a few games dont get me wrong esp late against the Pens). I still dont take a huge amount of stock in the Rangers beating the Habs. I don't think the Habs are a great team and i do think they over performed the first two rounds then fell back down to earth. Lundqvist was big against the Habs despite one really bad game. McDonagh wasn't too shit bad himself. Highly under-rated blueliner the problem with the Rangers is they just don't have enough depth on the blueline much like the Habs didn't and the opposite side Kings or Hawks do have the depth there. That will be the difference come the finals.</p>

</p>

West overall is def stronger than the East but anything can happen in a final. Kings or Hawks will def be the odds on favorites dont think many disagree on that even Rangers fans. But like they care what the odds say.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Find me another goalie that has had to withstand as much pressure and shots with a team in front of him that (despite that first game in the ECF) struggles to score.  The only other one in this year's playoff that faced more was Price and he got hurt so the numbers could've been closer at the end of the series (which was probable given it was New York they were facing).</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
McDonough, Girardi and Staal are a very good top 3

They have a lot of speed on the wings in St.Louis, Kreider, Zuccarello, Nash ...Stepan and Brassard aren't too slow either

I don't see how it was just Lundquist

Variable

Liked Posts:
St Louis hasn't even had any shots on goal the last two games and that was with facing Montreal's defense, there's no Kopitar on that team he constantly faces up against. And he's their leading scorer. Probably the only way the Rangers beat LA/Chicago in a series is if Lundqvist pulls a Hasek, which he is capable of doing because that's essentially what he's been doing this postseason so far.</p>

</p>

I'm not saying they don't have good players, but by far their most important player and the biggest reason why they made it this far is Lundqvist.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="231393" data-time="1401582245">
<div>

Find me another goalie that has had to withstand as much pressure and shots with a team in front of him that (despite that first game in the ECF) struggles to score.  The only other one in this year's playoff that faced more was Price and he got hurt so the numbers could've been closer at the end of the series (which was probable given it was New York they were facing).</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Since when have the Rangers struggled to score? Have you been watching these playoffs for the Rangers or just going on assumptions on the Rangers of the past? They have 54 goals totals these playoffs? That's on par with the Hawks with only two extra games played (one after tomorrow and obviously the Hawks will probably pass the Rangers in goal scoring). I don't think the Rangers have struggled to score at all to be honest. And they certainly haven't struggled to get shots on net as they are 2nd in that department almost 100 ahead of the Hawks and 26 behind the Kings. Offense and creating offense isn't a Rangers issue not sure where you are getting your ideas about this Rangers team from.</p>

</p>

And L.A. is the team that has the most shots against them these playoffs so far. Obviously because they have been in 2 game 7's and about to go to a third. Chicago has more shots against them than the Rangers have these playoffs up to now and the Hawks have played 2 games less at this point. So i don't really understand what your debate points are. Lundqvist has been getting ample help from the team infront of him both on offense and defense. Lundqvist has certainly played a big part getting the Rangers to the finals but to say he is the only reason for the Rangers success? I disagree. </p>

</p>

Only thing i will agree on with the Rangers is their conference final opposition the Habs weren't in the same department as either the Kings or Hawks as an overall team. But as for the Rangers as a whole? They are being horrible under-estimated by fans and media including myself. Don't think they will win a cup but they aren't going to get slaughtered by the West as some are suggesting. I could see them going 6 with some real tight games in there. Hell i could see them going seven if Lundqvist could steal a game or 2 games on his own..which he could (I don't disagree that he is a solid goalie). Rangers speed and health with that could also take them deep in the final. They seriously are a very fast team.</p>

. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Regardless of who comes out of the West they will be playing NBC for 7 games.