TGDT: WCF Game 7 - 6/1 Kings (3) @ Blackhawks (3) 7:00 PM CST NBCSN

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not what I wanted to see being at the UC tonight, but one hell of a series.

Congrats Kings. 

I'll watch the series rooting for the Rangers.

</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, it seemed like every goal for both teams either went off someone or went off someone and slid right to the goal scorer.</p>

At least we can't blame the loss on lack of effort. Great series.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="231539" data-time="1401684780">
<div>

Man, it seemed like every goal for both teams either went off someone or went off someone and slid right to the goal scorer.</p>

At least we can't blame the loss on lack of effort. Great series.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I was just saying that to the old lady, it seemed that EVERY goal (from both teams) was a flukey bounce or odd deflection. </p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="231550" data-time="1401688172">

I was just saying that to the old lady, it seemed that EVERY goal (from both teams) was a flukey bounce or odd deflection.</p></blockquote>
The teams were so evenly matched that luck was the only deciding factor.

Irish Hawk

Liked Posts:
Absolutely gutted now. Was always going to be a really close series and it was. Very enjoyable series just a real shame about the outcome. The silver lining is hopefully we never have to see the likes of Versteeg and Handzus in a Hawks shirt again. When does next seasons schedule come out, need to get planning my trip for early October soon enough.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scratching my head at Q's decision for the final shift.   Kings ice the puck after being dominated for while and looked gassed.   Q throws the geezers and struggling players line plus a double shifted Kane out there?  Should have been Sharp or Toews line with a double shifted Kane.  I saw blood in the water and Q responded with that?   As soon as Handzus and Steeg took the ice I was thinking I hope we survive this shift.</p>

</p>

Oh well, good entertaining game and good season.   Admirable defense of the cup.   </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Q put out Zeus and Steeg due to his other lines being tired. Kane was double shifted due to him being a force all game and the faceoff in the offensive zone after an icing. Not many would have thought the Kings would be looking to score straight off an icing (after a long shift) from a defensive zone start. The best that could happen is the Hawks score, or they keep enough pressure to allow a quick 20-30 second break for Toews-Hossa-Bickell to come back out once the Kings get the puck deep into the Hawks zone and we break it out.

Unfortunately, it didn't work that way, but that was the strategy from what in guessing. Plus, Zeus and Steeg should of had more speed and legs due to their lack of ice time.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Kruger/Smith/Sharp were on the ice with Leddy/Rosival</p>

</p>

The play got messed up when Leddy loses his stick.  If he has it, he gets to a loose puck instead of having to retrieve his stick.  I don't think Q knocked it out of his hand, but I'll have to rewatch it to see.</p>

</p>

It's not much of a play to nitpick.  Can say why didn't Smith go down to block that harmless shot.  It got deflected twice and flips over Craw.  Sometimes puck luck happens</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxzus" data-cid="231564" data-time="1401718035">
<div>

Kruger/Smith/Sharp were on the ice with Leddy/Rosival</p>

</p>

The play got messed up when Leddy loses his stick.  If he has it, he gets to a loose puck instead of having to retrieve his stick.  I don't think Q knocked it out of his hand, but I'll have to rewatch it to see.</p>

</p>

It's not much of a play to nitpick.  Can say why didn't Smith go down to block that harmless shot.  It got deflected twice and flips over Craw.  Sometimes puck luck happens</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

For example, every King goal last night.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BolligHandzusPerfect" data-cid="231566" data-time="1401718435">

For example, every King goal last night.</p></blockquote>

Lmao at your new user name

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BolligHandzusPerfect" data-cid="231566" data-time="1401718435">

For example, every King goal last night.</p></blockquote>

And two of the Hawks (Toews,Sharps first) goals.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Such a shame not to complete the come back.  Forcing a game 7 and going up 2-0 in the opening period.  Agree all the goals were fluky as hell. on every king goal I was just like wtf how are these pucks just popping out onto their sticks and or bouncing off their bodies.  Losing this series just really stings after the come back and our start to the game.  Go get em next year I guess.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Screen-Shot-2014-06-02-at-1.29.36-PM.png
</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Can someone tell me why even bother having video review when they can't notice an obvious as fuck high stick?</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="231629" data-time="1401748063">

Can someone tell me why even bother having video review when they can't notice an obvious as fuck high stick?</p></blockquote>
It wouldn't be the NHL otherwise.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1401748063" data-cid="231629" data-author="Rex">

Can someone tell me why even bother having video review when they can't notice an obvious as fuck high stick?</p></blockquote>
Maybe some of them do transactions with Mrs. Gretzky.

cplmac

Liked Posts:
Like I said before, the NHL got the series it wanted.  The  officiating was absolutely atrocious.  Next season will be great with Tuevo taking Handzus' spot in the roster and probably Morin taking over for Versteeg.  I wonder if Clendening will take over for Rozsival.</p>