Bulls new training center to be named Advocate Center

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm putting this in Hawk Talk because of the direct effect it will have on some folks on game day, they are removing parking for this thing and it's going to be interesting what they put in. I thought originally this was supposed to be a shared facility with the hawks? It will give an already giant united center footprint even more land. Should be good for the area though if not for just filling space. How in the hell can they open this thing by the beginning of next season? Am I missing something has it already started? I haven't been in that area in a while.</p>

</p>

</p>

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-bulls-new-training-centers-naming-rights-advocate-20140604,0,809873.story</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">The Chicago Bulls have sold naming rights to their training center under construction next to the United Center to Advocate Health Care, one of the team’s existing corporate sponsors.

The new facility, which will open before next season, will be called the Advocate Center. The team did not disclose the value of the naming rights in a news release.

With 12 hospitals, Downers Grove-based Advocate Health Care is the Chicago area’s largest hospital chain. It has been a Bulls sponsor for two years.

The Bulls announced in 2012 that they would move their practice facility to Chicago from Deerfield where they have trained since 1992. The Deerfield center was named after Sheri Berto, who was an assistant to the team’s owner, Jerry Reinsdorf.

The 60,0000-square-foot training center will be located on South Wood Street between Monroe and Madison streets.

</p>
</blockquote>

</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing that has been troubling me with the sponsorships already:  Why should a health system have extra money to spend for such sponsorships?  Is that why they demand a decrease in the price of my already cheap product? So they can take the money they save and spend it on advertising?</p>

</p>

Shaking my damn head at the thought that any health facility outside of a specialty like plastic surgery needs to advertise in order to get patients.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jaxhawksfan" data-cid="231749" data-time="1401915431">
<div>

One thing that has been troubling me with the sponsorships already:  Why should a health system have extra money to spend for such sponsorships?  Is that why they demand a decrease in the price of my already cheap product? So they can take the money they save and spend it on advertising?</p>

</p>

Shaking my damn head at the thought that any health facility outside of a specialty like plastic surgery needs to advertise in order to get patients.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I don't think it's advertising to get patients. It's advertising to be known and associated with quality. Right now, Advocate to me is just meh. Not good not bad, I'd probably go elsewhere first like NU but I have no real reason for that. If people become more familiar with the name and it's known and associated with things they love, they may have a tendency to hold the name in higher regard. It's like any other product, why do we need Digiorno as the official fucking pizza of the bulls/hawks/sox/ ect (Full disclosure, this is a giant peeve of mine that the official fucking pizza of chicago was a frozen fucking pizza). They don't need the sales, and it won't probably boost sales, but by association it could cause more prestige in the product. It's not hey, I need to go buy it because it's the bulls pizza. It's hey, I'm buying a pizza and I associate this with something else I like so I'll buy it. </p>

</p>

But i get what you are saying, in an industry with out of control price controls and much needed reform while they cry razor thin margins, how can they afford expensive sponsorships like that. I just wish that the hospitals like this evolved a more capital market friendly economy and had to advertise all their prices and let consumers pick the based where they wanted to go based on all factors, quality, price, service, ect.... but basically now we just try to go where ever the insurance company let's us.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
It has been under construction since the beginning of the Hawks season. My favorite lot is now this building. I think it i ridiculous. How many cars can park there during a game or a concert? It is a cash cow, no Now it is a practice facility, bringing in no monies, save for the naming rights. Unless you can rent it out or something. It just seems like a stupid move.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="231751" data-time="1401917070">
<div>

It has been under construction since the beginning of the Hawks season. My favorite lot is now this building. I think it i ridiculous. How many cars can park there during a game or a concert? It is a cash cow, no Now it is a practice facility, bringing in no monies, save for the naming rights. Unless you can rent it out or something. It just seems like a stupid move.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I thought it was supposed to be mixed use with restaurants and retail going in there? As well as moving some offices over?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this the building right behind the stadium?</p>

</p>

I thought that was supposed to be a new kick ass music venue?</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="231750" data-time="1401916289">
<div>

I don't think it's advertising to get patients. It's advertising to be known and associated with quality. Right now, Advocate to me is just meh. Not good not bad, I'd probably go elsewhere first like NU but I have no real reason for that. If people become more familiar with the name and it's known and associated with things they love, they may have a tendency to hold the name in higher regard. It's like any other product, why do we need Digiorno as the official fucking pizza of the bulls/hawks/sox/ ect (Full disclosure, this is a giant peeve of mine that the official fucking pizza of chicago was a frozen fucking pizza). They don't need the sales, and it won't probably boost sales, but by association it could cause more prestige in the product. It's not hey, I need to go buy it because it's the bulls pizza. It's hey, I'm buying a pizza and I associate this with something else I like so I'll buy it. </p>

</p>

But i get what you are saying, in an industry with out of control price controls and much needed reform while they cry razor thin margins, how can they afford expensive sponsorships like that. I just wish that the hospitals like this evolved a more capital market friendly economy and had to advertise all their prices and let consumers pick the based where they wanted to go based on all factors, quality, price, service, ect.... but basically now we just try to go where ever the insurance company let's us.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Same thing happened here.  The old Portland Civic Stadium eventually became PGE park (PGE is a lical utility), and when they renovated it for Soccer and PSU football they sold the naming rights to become Jeld-Wen Field.  This season they sold it to Providence, a HMO.</p>

</p>

You'd think that the whole Universal Healthcare thing would allow them Money to Burn.</p>