2014 World Cup

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I thought I would start a fresh new thread just for the World Cup. I'm so tired of waiting. BRING IT ON.</p>

</p>

</p>

Thoughts on leaving Landon out. I keep hearing that he's been so good for so long but only in the MLS. Hes gotten complacent. And never stretched himself. If he was even half this good in a real good Euro league it would be a no brainer but MLS really hurt him.</p>

</p>

Now, while I get this thinking, he's had so much production for the international team, does it really matter? When it comes time he steps up. He's always been fair in his self-assessments of where he was and he thought he was training very well.</p>

</p>

I'm torn on this, as a converter baldy hater, I love seeing nothing being taken for granted and the new kids given a shot. But I always hate seeing the most decorated US soccer player and best Vet we have left off the team over a perceived riff with a coach.</p>

</p>

Also, I find it rather convenient that after the what the last  cup went Ghana just happens to be our first opponent.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="231797" data-time="1401983191">
<div>

I thought I would start a fresh new thread just for the World Cup. I'm so tired of waiting. BRING IT ON.</p>

</p>

</p>

Thoughts on leaving Landon out. I keep hearing that he's been so good for so long but only in the MLS. Hes gotten complacent. And never stretched himself. If he was even half this good in a real good Euro league it would be a no brainer but MLS really hurt him.</p>

</p>

Now, while I get this thinking, he's had so much production for the international team, does it really matter? When it comes time he steps up. He's always been fair in his self-assessments of where he was and he thought he was training very well.</p>

</p>

I'm torn on this, as a converter baldy hater, I love seeing nothing being taken for granted and the new kids given a shot. But I always hate seeing the most decorated US soccer player and best Vet we have left off the team over a perceived riff with a coach.</p>

</p>

Also, I find it rather convenient that after the what the last  cup went Ghana just happens to be our first opponent.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Klins likes to mess with the heads of his players... almost Herb-like. I have LITTLE doubt that Donavan will be on the roster. His pace is crucial if the US expect to run a 4-2-3-1. Yeah, Klins wants all his guys in non-US play, and who can blame them, but Donovan has been there already. It might hurt Dempsey though since he had a chance to stay with Tot Spurs I believe. But i get why Demspey did it. </p>

</p>

It isnt the "-3-1" of the 4-2-3-1 that i am worried about. It is 2 of the "4" and 1 of the "-2" that concern me. The center d core is young, we have L/RB that arent really in natural positions, and only one of the center mids is solid in slot. I was shooting the shit with a Ghana cabbie and he thought that the US had a good shot this year, but he may have been appeasing me since I was the only Yank he had met that knew anything about World Cup. </p>

</p>

Interesting little tidbit... When Ghana plays Germany, there will be a biological brother playing against brother. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I thought that barring injury the rosters were set for the WC? And there aren't anymore friendlies to get a player hurt for a spot? Is that not correct?</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh shit, I forgot, this was like end of May, yeah? Not sure why I thought it was this month...</p>

</p>

But that is... an odd cut then. In fact it almost feels like he did it just to...make some news or something? He has always been an odd cat... </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="231806" data-time="1401996595">
<div>

Oh shit, I forgot, this was like end of May, yeah? Not sure why I thought it was this month...</p>

</p>

But that is... an odd cut then. In fact it almost feels like he did it just to...make some news or something? He has always been an odd cat... </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, they are really playing up the riff between him and donovan but I can't tell if it's actually there of if the media wants the feud to be there.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="231808" data-time="1402003819">
<div>

Yeah, they are really playing up the riff between him and donovan but I can't tell if it's actually there of if the media wants the feud to be there.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I mean, I wouldnt doubt it. Even if he was not a starter, he is a GREAT sub that can change the dynamics of the front. I am sure there is also some media hype, I think the rift is real.  </p>

</p>

And in a way? I respect Klins... you cut the most decorated US soccer player in HISTORY at age 32? If he doesnt get to Elimination play, he will be fired. </p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doubt the US will amount to much. They're in a tough group. I am interested in how Brazil handles the pressure of being the host country and the lack of success in the past two tournaments. I guess anything less than a win will be seen as a failure. Spain and Germany ought to be strongest contenders. Not sure about the Netherlands. Would be nice to see an African nation have success.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think because of the craziness around stuff not even being done, the amount of travel between venues and such, I think Brazil will do very well on home field considering the host seems to always get a bumb.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fuck France....</p>

</p>

France star Franck Ribery has been ruled out of the World Cup after he aggravated his back injury in training.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<span><span>Germany rocked by Reus injury against Armenia</span></span>

</p>
<p class="">The Borussia Dortmund star was clearly in pain after twisting his left ankle and had to be replaced by Lukas Podolski - a concern with the World Cup less than a week away</p>

Germany are sweating on the fitness of Marco Reus after the attacker was forced off injured in Friday night's friendly against Armenia.

The Borussia Dortmund attacker had to be helped from the field by medics after suffering an apparent ankle injury just a minute before the end of the first half of the game in Mainz.

Reus had been left screaming on the ground in agony following a heavy challenge from Armenia midfielder Artur Yedigaryan.

Germany have yet to confirm the exact nature of the injury but Reus' withdrawal will be of major concern to coach Joachim Low.

The 25-year-old had been considered a certain starter for his country's World Cup opener against Portugal on June 16.

Low will perhaps, though, take some consolation from the fact that Reus' replacement against Armenia, Lukas Podolski, proved his enduring worth to the national team by setting up the opening goal for Andre Schurrle.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I havent even printed out the schedule and filled my brackets in yet. Fuck only a few days away it crept up fast.</p>

</p>

Nice to see Brazilian star Neymar rolled his ankle in practice today. Always makes me happy when a Brazilian does that.</p>

</p>

</p>

On a side note...didnt know about Lucio da Costa dieing in a plane crash a few days ago. Rough week for Brazilian football fans. Was never a huge da Costa fan but shit never wanted to see a guy die in a plane crash. Bummer.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="the hanadian dreamzues" data-cid="231981" data-time="1402366837">
<div>

I havent even printed out the schedule and filled my brackets in yet. Fuck only a few days away it crept up fast.</p>

</p>

Nice to see Brazilian star Neymar rolled his ankle in practice today. Always makes me happy when a Brazilian does that.</p>

</p>

</p>

On a side note...didnt know about Lucio da Costa dieing in a plane crash a few days ago. Rough week for Brazilian football fans. Was never a huge da Costa fan but shit never wanted to see a guy die in a plane crash. Bummer.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Germany is winning so fuck you, fuck Canada, fuck that black guy illegally on Italy too!!!!</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I always cheer for Germany second after my wops. But seriously why are they even playing the world cup this year? Just give the trophy to Spain again so we can move onto 4 years from now when that team is dismantled and old. </p>

</p>

Germany might actually be my second pick after Spain. I need to go print out the schedule and evaluate everything and then i shall make my flawless predictions!!!</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Spain/Netherlands Friday noon!!! I'll be there for that bad boy rematch!!</p>

</p>

Brazil/Croatia to kick things off on Thursday at 1pm is a good game to start things off too. Me like.</p>

</p>

Then England/Italy on Saturday at 3pm? Awesome. </p>

</p>

Germany/Portugal next Monday at 9am? Although the start time is lame these games are always classics.</p>

</p>

GETTING EXCITED!!</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
World Cup?

More like a bunch of Mexicans (black/white/red/blue yellow/brown/clear) having a tea party with their fairy grass diving godmothers at the center of the pitch.

Everyone knows Mexicans are grass fairies. Especially Italian Mexicans (that are in the country illegally.... BALOTELLI!!!!!!!)

German Mexicans are going to dive better than EVERYONE!!!!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Can't rattle me with pro-Germany football rants because I love those mexican germans too. HOWEVER!!! You wait until the Mexican diving Italians dive some shit up and cry about their little toe nails being stepped on!!! no team is more entertaining when it comes to bullshit diving clog the 18 and long ball bullshit football like the Italians. No matter how many minorities the Germans try to execute they will never be as bad ass as Italian footballers!!!</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
P.S. Mario Balotelli will eat your asshole after he rapes it. Esp now that there is doubt that he will be a starter. Much like the Euro cup he will get called in and lead his team to the final once the Italian coaches stop being afraid of the black man.</p>

</p>

problem with Italy is the same as 4 years ago....OLD!! Team is fucking old!!! Outside of 2 or 3 young legs like Balotelli the roster is full of middle 30 year olds. Fuckers aren't going to be able to handle the south american climate and air let alone the 20 year olds running past them while flipping the bird.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="the hanadian dreamzues" data-cid="231984" data-time="1402367025">
<div>

I always cheer for Germany second after my wops. But seriously why are they even playing the world cup this year? Just give the trophy to Spain again so we can move onto 4 years from now when that team is dismantled and old. </p>

</p>

Germany might actually be my second pick after Spain. I need to go print out the schedule and evaluate everything and then i shall make my flawless predictions!!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Germany and Spain will actually meet each other in the Round of 4 (should my brackets hold out), so it will be a tough choice.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="231844" data-time="1402081192">
<div>

Fuck France....</p>

</p>

France star Franck Ribery has been ruled out of the World Cup after he aggravated his back injury in training.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That is HUGE against France. </p>

</p>

Sucks too, Ribery is a favorite of mine. </p>