Winter Classic 2015 - Blackhawks @ Capitals

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am kind of over the whole WC idea.  But at least the Hawks don't lose a home game this time around.</p>

</p>

Venue TBD.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hate new years day games.... i've said why, so I won't go into it.</p>

phranchk

Liked Posts:
The aspect I'm excited about is seeing the Hawks on HBO's 24/7.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phranchk" data-cid="232620" data-time="1403284535">
<div>

The aspect I'm excited about is seeing the Hawks on HBO's 24/7.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

As long as McD doesn't veto trading camera-friendly guys like Versteeg or Bollig.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
24/7 I agree will be the best part. Outside of that, these games lost meaning to me last season after so many of them.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A guy on another board suggested having it at the Reflecting Pool.  Of course my twisted sense of humor loves that idea just because I'm a prick like that :D</p>

</p>

I do agree though, the gimmick is as dated as Miley Cyrus' twat.</p>

</p>

What the league should do IMHO is combine the winter classic with the all-star game.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1403343649" data-cid="232630" data-author="LordKOTL">

I do agree though, the gimmick is as dated as Miley Cyrus' twat.</p></blockquote>

Just as wrecked and abused as well.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1403343649" data-cid="232630" data-author="LordKOTL">

What the league should do IMHO is combine the winter classic with the all-star game.</p></blockquote>

Best way to deal with it, really.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phranchk" data-cid="232620" data-time="1403284535">
<div>

The aspect I'm excited about is seeing the Hawks on HBO's 24/7.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I might be the only one against the whole thing. Its more of a gimmick than the All-Star Game. 

Being on camera is one of the most pressure packed things in the world, not to mention a filling of ego-boosting, and our team is going to be on it 24/7. I'd rather think about wins/losses... not thinking about which side is the best to show for the camera.

This bothers me a lot. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="232635" data-time="1403358180">
<div>

I might be the only one against the whole thing. Its more of a gimmick than the All-Star Game. 

Being on camera is one of the most pressure packed things in the world, not to mention a filling of ego-boosting, and our team is going to be on it 24/7. I'd rather think about wins/losses... not thinking about which side is the best to show for the camera.

</div>
</blockquote>

While I don't disagree, these games are good for the league in general though. All these big time primetime games/special events create made for TV extravaganzas which are revenue boons for the TV contracts, which push their value up and thus helps keep the revenue of the league up and the salary cap going higher.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gimmick or not how could someone not have fun watching or being at this years game at Soldier Field ?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunkus Porkstandzus" data-cid="232723" data-time="1403570176">
<div>

Gimmick or not how could someone not have fun watching or being at this years game at Soldier Field ?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Because it was cold as fuck and beers were $10 a piece?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Winter classics are Special person. Only good for the obnoxious season ticket holders to tell us how great they fucking are or for the bandwagon pricks to tell us how great they fucking are.</p>

</p>

End of the day they make for shitty hockey games. The fan experience is probably fantastic but the hockey fucking sucks. Always have shitty bands playing at the Winter Classic too. If it's for fan experience pay and get some real fucking bands. </p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks game was ON and Sid and Co. were soundly beaten. AND I Iike hockey played in the snow once in a while.</p>

</p>

Screw 10 dollar beers, try this.....http://www.thebeerbelly.com/</p>

</p>

beerbelly_sm.jpg
</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunkus Porkstandzus" data-cid="232729" data-time="1403571328">
<div>

Hawks game was ON and Sid and Co. were soundly beaten. AND I Iike hockey played in the snow once in a while.</p>

</p>

Screw 10 dollar beers, try this.....http://www.thebeerbelly.com/</p>

</p>

beerbelly_sm.jpg
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Beer getting warm while resting on top of your gut, nah...</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be interested to see what Trotz does with the Caps and how Ovechkin responds to his new trap happy defensive minded coach.  </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Maybe Trotz shys away from that style now that he actually had offensive players. Easy to go trap when you have no skilled players. Now that he does, wouldn't be surprised if he moves away from that a bit.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunkus Porkstandzus" data-cid="232723" data-time="1403570176">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

24/7 is a gimmick.</p>

</p>

The All-Star Game is a gimmick.</p>

</p>

An outdoor game is serious shit. Bandwagonners and elitists all watch from the stands ready to make judgments on the programs for a bit.</p>

</p>

I almost got frostbite that night taking pictures all over the place during the event, but I was there. It was my first ever outdoor game in my life. I never thought I'd get to experience anything like it. For someone being originally from Southern California, it was the experience of a lifetime. </p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="232635" data-time="1403358180">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

These guy have been in the spotlight...forever now. Being on camera is as ordinary as waking up and brushing your teeth for most of the Hawks. </p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
But not 24/7 like it was The Real World...</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
went to the one in Wrigley, had a lot of fun but didn't like the result.</p>

</p>

No was am I going to DC though.</p>