2014 NHL Draft

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="233390" data-time="1403946224">

My friends daughter ( age 14) plays for team Illinois/Mission and he he's thrilled the Hawks last two first rounders played for the Mission. They play at Leafs Centre in West Dundee.</p></blockquote>
TI is in west Dundee and Mission plays at Seven Bridges and Addison.

I've trained two kids and moved them to TI (toot toot) and my goalie from last season made TI this season. With how much they spend on hockey, its a life style.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Haws draft Matheson Iacopelli from the USHL. Final draft year and he's committed to Western Michigan NCAA, so he's got another 4 years still, plus he's in his final draft year (will be 20).

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Hawks take Beau Starret with the 88th pick they got for Bollig. Yet another NCAA pick (man I'm good).

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Hawks take yet ANOTHER NCAA bound player in Frederik Olofsson, LW from the Chicago Steel (USHL).

Ton

Liked Posts:
No doubt, they are fully stocked for the next 3-4 years... why not take these college kids that won't be ready until then. The Hawks aren't looking for anyone to make an immediate impact. We'll see how this works out down the line, I don't recall seeing a team ever taking this many NCAA picks before.</p>

</p>

Only problem is, some of them could take the Kevin Hayes route and ditch us in the end.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
There was a report that came out last week on how well NCAA players end up playing at some capacity in the NHL in the last 10 years or so in the NHL compared to CHL.

I'll find it later but it said for how few compared to CHL players are selected, the making it number is almost identical.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The thing is, the Hawks can also let them develop for 4 years and if they don't like their development, they can dump them afterwards. No reason to waste a contract spot on a prospect after the CHL years and wait and see if their development will get better.

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="233413" data-time="1403970708">
<div>

The thing is, the Hawks can also let them develop for 4 years and if they don't like their development, they can dump them afterwards. No reason to waste a contract spot on a prospect after the CHL years and wait and see if their development will get better.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Or they can dump us, ala Hayes, Schultz, etc.. etc.</p>

</p>

There's positives and negatives. If the prospect is any good, you always run the risk of having them leave before signing them.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Hawks taking a lot of kids that played in the Chicago area....</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="233396" data-time="1403965629">
<div>

TI is in west Dundee and Mission plays at Seven Bridges and Addison.

I've trained two kids and moved them to TI (toot toot) and my goalie from last season made TI this season. With how much they spend on hockey, its a life style.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Thanks for correcting where each plays.</p>

For the bold, hellz yeah it is. Almost every week it seems like they have an out of state (or in Canada) tournament.</p>

It was cool that Cammie Granato called my friend and said they have been scouting his daughter and want her to play for TI.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Grant it, it's the highest youth level you can play in the US, and you will have to travel to play other high level teams, but some of the shit they do is unreal in regards to money and tournaments. Better hope your kid gets drafted or a D1 scholarship or that's a lot of money for youth hockey.

Buddy of mine played for the mission and his D partner was John Moore who is now on NYR. What's funny is he was just as good as Moore until they were about 16-17 and Moore kept growing and my buddy stopped at 5'6. He ended up playing at Robert Morris and then U of I. I played a few HS games with him. He was unreal.

Hinostraza played one game in HS for us and put up a school record of 11 or 12 points in a game, on varsity, as a freshmen.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If anyone ever gets a chance to go and watch a Nike/Bauer AAA tournament, I highly recommend it as at least 5 kids a level will be NCAA bound if not eventual NHL prospects.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="233458" data-time="1403994740">
<div>

Grant it, it's the highest youth level you can play in the US, and you will have to travel to play other high level teams, but some of the shit they do is unreal in regards to money and tournaments. Better hope your kid gets drafted or a D1 scholarship or that's a lot of money for youth hockey.

Buddy of mine played for the mission and his D partner was John Moore who is now on NYR. What's funny is he was just as good as Moore until they were about 16-17 and Moore kept growing and my buddy stopped at 5'6. He ended up playing at Robert Morris and then U of I. I played a few HS games with him. He was unreal.

Hinostraza played one game in HS for us and put up a school record of 11 or 12 points in a game, on varsity, as a freshmen.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

QFT</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Trev: FYI Mission are no longer at Addison. 2 of there teams now play at The Edge</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="233400" data-time="1403969781">

Haws draft Matheson Iacopelli from the USHL. Final draft year and he's committed to Western Michigan NCAA, so he's got another 4 years still, plus he's in his final draft year (will be 20).</p></blockquote>

We are told that Matt Iacopelli is playing another year in Muskegon. We watched him all last year and he's definitely able to finish and a decent skater. Very happy to see him another year knowing he's a Hawks prospect.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="EspoForever" data-cid="233508" data-time="1404065116">

We are told that Matt Iacopelli is playing another year in Muskegon. We watched him all last year and he's definitely able to finish and a decent skater. Very happy to see him another year knowing he's a Hawks prospect.</p></blockquote>

Is he just turning 20 or will be 21? This was his final draft year ala Shaw and I don't know if he has eligibility left.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Check that, looks like his bday allows him to play one more season in the USHL as he won't be 21 till May 24th, 2015.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Yes just recently. Bantam Major and Midget Major now housed at the Edge in Bensenville.</p>

Everybody else at Seven Bridges.</p>