CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen had harsh words for Gordon Beckham - ESPN Chicago

MINNEAPOLIS -- Chicago White Sox management has not considered sending struggling second baseman Gordon Beckham to the minor leagues to get his swing straightened out. Ozzie Guillen, however, wants the middle infielder to keep his focus.

The manager was frustrated with Beckham last week when he thought the former first-round pick was letting his offensive struggles impact how he played in the field.

Guillen benched Beckham on Saturday and had a message for him.

"We shouldn't be talking about [being demoted to the minors] because all of a sudden you put more things on his mind," Guillen said. "But I've told him if you ever looked like you did a couple days ago you're going to the minor leagues. When you struggle, you have to be a man. It's easy to play this game when you're going good. I told him if your body language is like this you'll be playing for [Triple-A Charlotte manager Chris] Chambliss.

"I told Kenny and Rick what I said to [Beckham]. Kenny said to me 'Are you crazy?' But my job is to make these guys play the right way, and I will do that."

Beckham has struggled hitting with men on base this season -- as his six RBIs indicate.

He is batting .191 on the year. However the worst number for Beckham is the .083 that he is hitting with runners in scoring position. According to ESPN Research, it is the worst batting average in such situations of any player in the major leagues this year.

Beckham had three solid at-bats on Wednesday against the Twins, including a second-inning single.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think at this point even most Sox fans would rather see Ozzie go to AAA than Beckham.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
wouldn't be a bad idea, Becks will be great someday, but he needs to get his act together.