No more Kompon

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do realize it was tongue in cheek?  </p>

</p>

I don't think Savvy would come back anyway.   I wouldn't in his place.     They will probably end up hiring some other Q cronie.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
If Ted Dent doesn't get promoted from Rockford now he never will. Reputation around the league is solid.</p>

Almost was hired by Maple Leafs as assistant coach for this season.</p>

Have a sneaky suspicion he could be a candidate for the NHL club this year.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
another cast away from Florida?</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better pedigree than Kompon for sure.   Good add IMO even though has the Q connection.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="234647" data-time="1405348319">
<div>

Kevin Dineen joins the coaching staff. Good, I guess.</p>

</p>

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726166</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Its a great move. Excellent PK coach... and what a way to keep me happy. </p>

</p>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="234651" data-time="1405350936">
<div>

Better pedigree than Kompon for sure.   Good add IMO even though has the Q connection.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>

Its one of the few Q connections I'll allow. They've never worked together as coaches. </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Like this move a lot. Was considered a top HC candidate a few years back. Maybe he'll encourage Q to let the Hawks play a bit tougher.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I thought he was linked to Talon or something? Am I thinking of someone else? Don't know enough about him to know if this is good or not, but seems like you guys all like it so I'll go with it until it's not convenient.</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Dineen gives us that all-important right-handed shot on the coaching staff.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
He'll just be there until TT is ready to take over as assistant coach as well</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="234419" data-time="1404918604">

He COULD always bring Haviland back...
</p></blockquote>
BTW FYI Haviland got the coaching job at Colorado College. They were talking to him on Sirius NHL channel Friday.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="234661" data-time="1405360735">
<div>

I thought he was linked to Talon or something? Am I thinking of someone else? Don't know enough about him to know if this is good or not, but seems like you guys all like it so I'll go with it until it's not convenient.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He was basically Q's teammate back in Hartford. They've never coached together. Dineen as a player was a 2-way , yet very good defensive winger, so he could definitely help the skills for TT even more. 

As for coaching, Dineen's first HC job in the pros was in Florida as we know.... He had a history for being a great coach back at the Ducks affiliate in Portland, which they were known to be pretty tough defensively to play against.

I'm looking forward to seeing this work out.  </p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="234684" data-time="1405387217">

He was basically Q's teammate back in Hartford. They've never coached together. Dineen as a player was a 2-way , yet very good defensive winger, so he could definitely help the skills for TT even more. 

As for coaching, Dineen's first HC job in the pros was in Florida as we know.... He had a history for being a great coach back at the Ducks affiliate in Portland, which they were known to be pretty tough defensively to play against.

I'm looking forward to seeing this work out.
</p></blockquote>
I am very happy with this pick up as well. Dineen also was one of those guys who had a quivk release and an accurate shot. My best bud from my years living in Connect-i-dot was an STH in Hartford and caught one of Dineen's gloves as the players tossed their gear to the fans at the end of the last game at the mall before Karmonos fucked Hartford over to filate Buttman.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
*sigh* the Whale needs to return....</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Maybe Q will retire sooner rather than later</p>