#BanTheStripper

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="235219" data-time="1407491202">
<div>

And the NEW ICE GIRLS ANNOUNCED!</p>

</p>

ugly-cheerleaders10_medium.jpg
</p>

</p>

...Taaaalk about mud flaps...mah girl's got em!!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

dat-ass.jpg
</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
The overall problem the Hawks have here is they're sending mixed messages.</p>

</p>

On one hand, they've done an outstanding job of promoting youth hockey, particularly among young girls.</p>

</p>

On the other hand, the message they're sending to these young hockey players is, you can play all you want now, but once you grow up you're just a piece of ass.</p>

</p>

These are relatively small issues with easy fixes, then we can all go back to not giving a shit.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="235289" data-time="1407941878">

The overall problem the Hawks have here is they're sending mixed messages.

On one hand, they've done an outstanding job of promoting youth hockey, particularly among young girls.

On the other hand, the message they're sending to these young hockey players is, you can play all you want now, but once you grow up you're just a piece of ass.

These are relatively small issues with easy fixes, then we can all go back to not giving a shit.</p></blockquote>

So change the song and toss a normal looking girl into the STP place whenever.

Leave the ice crew alone because that gripe that reeks of feminism.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Also, is it really hurting their game experience? I mean, is it that bothersome that female leave the games in complete distraught? It's just another thing people are bitching about to bitch about.

That said, I have a collection of other songs they can play instead:

Cold Hard Bitch (get it, their on ice) - Jet

Crazy Bitch (cause their crazy to wear heels on ice) - Buck Cherry

Pretty when I'm drunk- (how alcohol brings out some girls inner beauty) Blood Hound Gang

Bitches Aint Shit (cause there performing a trick shot) - Ben Folds Version

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="235290" data-time="1407952301">
<div>

So change the song and toss a normal looking girl into the STP place whenever.

Leave the ice crew alone because that gripe that reeks of feminism.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm pretty sure Jay Blunk is sitting at his desk, wishing he had hair he could pull out, wishing this would all go away.</p>

</p>

But you've got an organization where the front office is working to create a Utopian version of how an NHL team should be. And they're not going to want all this blowback. Other teams are giving their ice crews new uniforms, I'd expect the Hawks to not want to be the last team to do it.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't think there is a girl in the history of the world who thought... man I'd really like to play hockey, but i'm not going to because of the ice crew.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I would think the first thing on their list would be getting Bobby Hull out of the organization as an ambassador. To me, that's the most glaring hypocritical thing going on with the Hawks in regards to their relationship to female fans. How can a guy like that be promoted and embraced in some kind of Drunk Santa Clause type image, but someone like Susannah Collins be fired for what she did because it was "shameful"? To me, that should be the biggest talking point, way before you get to the Ice Girls.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="235294" data-time="1407956938">
<div>

I would think the first thing on their list would be getting Bobby Hull out of the organization as an ambassador. To me, that's the most glaring hypocritical thing going on with the Hawks in regards to their relationship to female fans. How can a guy like that be promoted and embraced in some kind of Drunk Santa Clause type image, but someone like Susannah Collins be fired for what she did because it was "shameful"? To me, that should be the biggest talking point, way before you get to the Ice Girls.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hockey, like all sports, is decades behind the real world when it comes to domestic violence. While it would be great for Hull to address his past, I wouldn't hold my breath. And the Hawks are, first and foremost, a hockey team. And nobody ever played better for that team than Hull.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I Don't know how it is at in other organizations, but with the Hawks, the Ice Crew isn't their property per se. They are contracted with an outside company. The Hawks could tell that company to change to uniforms, or not re new the contract. However, technically the Hawks don't control what they wear.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="235295" data-time="1407959811">
<div>

Hockey, like all sports, is decades behind the real world when it comes to domestic violence. While it would be great for Hull to address his past, I wouldn't hold my breath. And the Hawks are, first and foremost, a hockey team. And nobody ever played better for that team than Hull.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

No arguing that, but still isn't an excuse, especially when they say they'd like to appeal to women. I don't care if Hull ever addresses the type of person he is, the Hawks can still cut ties with him. I don't think it's going to happen either, because they don't really care. It's not because they don't understand or see how hypocritical they are on it, it's because they just don't care enough.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like all the fucking cry babies are starting to get their way.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="235295" data-time="1407959811">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

I would argue Stan Mikita, but that's like arguing between Toews and Kane.  The only correct answer to that argument is "I'm glad they played for us".</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="235296" data-time="1407964633">
<div>

I Don't know how it is at in other organizations, but with the Hawks, the Ice Crew isn't their property per se. They are contracted with an outside company. The Hawks could tell that company to change to uniforms, or not re new the contract. However, technically the Hawks don't control what they wear.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I did not know that.</p>

</p>

Anyhow, I could care less that "The Stripper" is gone.  Honestly the only way that song should be associated with hockey is when Ned Braden is on the ice.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimdust" data-cid="235303" data-time="1408023393">
<div>

Looks like all the fucking cry babies are starting to get their way.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If "starting to get their way" means "not being looked at as pieces of meat", then yeah.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
PC assclowns. Pretty soon we will all have to dress like the Amish.

These girls CHOOSE to dress that way. No one has a gun to their head.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
So, now that the stripper isn't gonna be played (which, by the way, I just did not give a shit about anyway), I think us males should band together and get the people to stop booing. Anytime a dude is shooting the puck, the crowd boos him. That could really hurt someones feelings, or upset one of the many males in the crowd. I think it is time we</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

<span style="font-size:24px;">#BanTheBoo</span></p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I had no idea what the song was until they started complaining about it.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="235219" data-time="1407491202">
<div>

And the NEW ICE GIRLS ANNOUNCED!</p>

</p>

ugly-cheerleaders10_medium.jpg
</p>

</p>

...Taaaalk about mud flaps...mah girl's got em!!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That guy on the right isn't too bad.</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="235311" data-time="1408057816">
<div>

I had no idea what the song was until they started complaining about it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Me either. Never even noticed the music. Must have been guys (girls?) who spend their lives in strip clubs who knew.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimdust" data-cid="235312" data-time="1408058429">
<div>

That guy on the right isn't too bad.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yeah, not bad. I wouldn't arm wrestle him for a beer though.</p>