CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are few things in life that matter less than the Blackhawks backup goaltender.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="235403" data-time="1408477715">
<div>

There are few things in life that matter less than the Blackhawks backup goaltender.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Until Crawford gives up two goals in a period.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It gives us something to talk about until the season starts.   5-6 more fucking weeks.   Drop the damn puck already!!!!</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="235439" data-time="1408556743">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

There were those here worried that Raanta would get offer-sheeted</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="235439" data-time="1408556743">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Any discerning hockey fan knows that all goals are never equal with respect to fault.  2 soft goals in a period then maybe, but I refuse to blame Crawford if Sharp bails on his D assignment, Seabs puts it into his own net, Keith does his NHL 11 Pass to Nowhereâ„¢, Versteeg stickhandles stationary between the circles, or Hammer does his off-hand no-look pass right to the opposing forward.</p>

</p>

Word is though Leighton's deal is 500K at NHL and 400k at AHL.  Not bad.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Crawford starts his 6 yr 36 million dollar albatross of a contract this year.</p>

I think Leighton stays with CBH and Raanta goes back to Rockford to play his 55 to 60 games.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
The easiest ways to become a folk hero in this town are to be</p>
<ul>[*]the Bears backup QB
[*]a short, white outfielder with speed
[*]the Hawks' backup goalie.
[/list]

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="235501" data-time="1408807569">

The easiest ways to become a folk hero in this town are to be
</p><ul class="bbc">[*]the Bears backup QB[*]a short, white outfielder with speed[*]the Hawks' backup goalie.[/list]</blockquote>

Short white infielder too. Fontenot and Theriot.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="235455" data-time="1408566931">
<div>

Crawford starts his 6 yr 36 million dollar albatross of a contract this year.</p>

I think Leighton stays with CBH and Raanta goes back to Rockford to play his 55 to 60 games.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I doubt it.  I won't rehash whether or not Crawford is worth 6M per since that has been beaten like Adam Burish, but Raanta is waiver-exempt, Leighton is waiver eligible.</p>

</p>

Even though there are many goalies of Leighton's ilk in the league, If Leighton is underperforming and another team needs a warm body to ride the pine, he can be claimed off of waivers which would really put a damper into the 'hawks' plans going froward if Crawford or Raanta would get injured.  Meanwhile, Raanta wouldn't have that alabatross over his head. Futher, (if I'm right on this), If Leighton is called up on an emergecny basis (LTIR for one of the goalies), then waivers wouldn't apply.</p>