Carmelo Anthony is a douche

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at this stuff that came to the surface, how do you all think Melo would've fit with this Bulls roster and Thibs personality-wise? There would obviously be growing pains (look at Lebron's teams) but in the long-run, how do yall feel?

Long term we've got a better defender in Gasol and hopefully a returning future superstar in Jimmy Butler and a much deeper bench to make a run.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude you can't say you don't miss the Turkish HAMMER.

I do but when we had Noah (All-star) Boozer locked into contract and Taj Gibson playing very well there was no way we were putting that much money into the 4 and 5. I do miss Asik great defender and rebounder. Glad he's doing well in New Orleans.

Still would take Butler.

the finnish ninny

Liked Posts:
Looking at this stuff that came to the surface, how do you all think Melo would've fit with this Bulls roster and Thibs personality-wise? There would obviously be growing pains (look at Lebron's teams) but in the long-run, how do yall feel?

Every time there has been a notion of melo to the bulls via trade or free-agency over the years, I have been strongly against it. Immense talent, however not enough to overcome the bad vibe he puts out through whatever team hes been a part of in his pro career. The quintessential me-1st athlete, with enough talent& potential to make an organization indulge his attitude, but not enough charisma to win over his teammates & coaches.
I have to say, the thibs-led bulls have been among my favorite pro teams of any sport to watch. If they have any pretentiousness, or sense of entitlement they do a great job of keeping it to themselves (although I fear Rose may possibly be drifting from that mindset). It doesnt seem as though any member places them self ahead of the rest of the team. I could never see where melo could humble himself to the notion that hes not above the team he belongs to. Im doubtful that thibs could cater to that. Jordan was probably the same way, but melo isnt as physically or mentally capable of a player.
Im sure melo will continue to score 25pts a game for the rest of his career, give opposing teams fits in finding a way to deal with him, and also create resentment from teammates & coaches that have to sit there and hold their tongues because of the obvious talent he has. Short of being dealt to a contender near the trade deadline, I could never see him as a building block of a true title contender.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't believe that Carmelo would waive his no trade clause. He's in the beginning of a new contract and could potentially go to a lot of unfavorable places. To believe that is naive.

By the way, he is playing through a couple of injuries. Naturally, he's not going to be as good right now. Believe it or not, if I'm choosing between Pau and Carmelo, I'm still choosing Melo.
Right now-i would rather keep Butler, and with Melo here, Butler would be gone next year for certain.