Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dangerous. Not malicious or dirty.

This is the reason there is a two minute boarding penalty in the NHL.
Idk man, perhaps it's my hockey noob status, but a 2 minute penalty seems light.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think it was that bad. It was a dangerous hit and Toews was off-balance but Seidenberg isn't the type of player that would do this with the intent to injure.

Read that he waited outside the Hawks locker room to apologize to the players as they were leaving

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Seidenbergs intention wasn't to hurt Toews. Toews slammed on the breaks right before contact. Looks like Seidenberg was going to try and pin him on the boards while lifting Toews' stick to get the puck, which resulted in Toews hands going up. When Toews put the breaks on, Seidenbergs moment plowed him face first into the boards. Had Toews kept going around the corner, it would of been shoulder to shoulder.

It's just an unfortunate play and 2 minutes was fair. I do think players need to put themselves in better position, especially along the boards and not have your back to the contact like that, but it was a quick play and happens.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Seidenbergs intention wasn't to hurt Toews. Toews slammed on the breaks right before contact. Looks like Seidenberg was going to try and pin him on the boards while lifting Toews' stick to get the puck, which resulted in Toews hands going up. When Toews put the breaks on, Seidenbergs moment plowed him face first into the boards. Had Toews kept going around the corner, it would of been shoulder to shoulder.

It's just an unfortunate play and 2 minutes was fair. I do think players need to put themselves in better position, especially along the boards and not have your back to the contact like that, but it was a quick play and happens.

I tend to agree. Also, if true about waiting outside the locker room to apologize, that's a stand up guy right there.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that his intent was obviously to injure a player. He made no play at the puck but rather to upend a player. Wait until the next time that they play. Pay-back will be made in spades.

Do we watch the same Hawks team?

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Idk man, perhaps it's my hockey noob status, but a 2 minute penalty seems light.

No, thats a normal reaction, especially if the infraction is against the team you are rooting for. I am glad there was a penalty, but anything more than 2 minutes would have been a bit shadey. Don't get me wrong, I would have taken it, but there was no intent that I saw. It was a dangerous play, but not intentional.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. Seidenberg is not a dirty player and by his reaction AFTER the play it appeared he wished he had not made the check.

Could be, or maybe he just wasn't prepared to go toe-to-toe with the legendary Kane Kilpatrick the II of Buffalo...

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 24m24 minutes ago

Toews said he felt fine after the Seidenberg hit. Went through tests later that night and cleared them. #Blackhawks

homer-woohoo.jpg

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that his intent was obviously to injure a player. He made no play at the puck but rather to upend a player. Wait until the next time that they play. Pay-back will be made in spades.

Yep, cuz the Hawks are known for retribution. I expect Seidenberg will have to fight 5 or 6 Hawks. Too bad we traded Leddy. He'd be first in line to kick that Teutonic ass!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe, but I think "Intent to Injure" is the hardest thing anyone can prove without the player saying it himself.

Yeah, that is true. And sometimes having something replayed in slow motion kind of magnifies things as to intent. I'll stand corrected.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I agree. 2 mins is about all it waranted. It's not like Seidenberg rode him all the way into the boards.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...and Kane would've kicked his ass. you saw how Kane let up on him after the play.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...and Kane would've kicked his ass. you saw how Kane let up on him after the play.
Even though I don't like Kane mixing it up with anyone other than someone who shouldn't have given up his day job representing the Lollipop Guild (i.e. Marty St Louis), the act that he went after Seidenberg shows pack mentality--which is a great thing.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
It's a good non-verbal statement to be made. Woulda been better if that kinda statement would of been made on Orpik last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Even though I don't like Kane mixing it up with anyone other than someone who shouldn't have given up his day job representing the Lollipop Guild (i.e. Marty St Louis), the act that he went after Seidenberg shows pack mentality--which is a great thing.
He didn't go after him... he practically hugged him

Variable

Liked Posts:
Well its a good thing he did something because otherwise the Hawks would've been bounced out in the first round of the playoffs

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane was gonna kick his ass, but then gave Seidenberg a break.