Seidenberg Hit on Toews

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Where is that dartboard gif we used to have for disciplinary action?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will say it was nasty watching Toews head snap into the boards. Hopefully it is nothing to serious.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
seids1.gif

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dangerous. Not malicious or dirty.

This is the reason there is a two minute boarding penalty in the NHL.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Indeed. but just because it's not malicious doesn't mean it shouldn't be punished. Dangerous is still bad enough.

Anyway... what I can't keep getting past for some reason is the arm... he got the arm and intentionally lifted it. That right there means that even if toews wanted to try to use it to catch himself he was being put in a very bad situation. If it would have been a hit I don't think I'd be having as much problem with it as I do with seeing the intentional action to alter the path of the arm.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well thank god he didn't get in a fight after that and receive 2x the punishment.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Indeed. but just because it's not malicious doesn't mean it shouldn't be punished. Dangerous is still bad enough.

Anyway... what I can't keep getting past for some reason is the arm... he got the arm and intentionally lifted it. That right there means that even if toews wanted to try to use it to catch himself he was being put in a very bad situation. If it would have been a hit I don't think I'd be having as much problem with it as I do with seeing the intentional action to alter the path of the arm.

I think that his intent was obviously to injure a player. He made no play at the puck but rather to upend a player. Wait until the next time that they play. Pay-back will be made in spades.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Maybe, but I think "Intent to Injure" is the hardest thing anyone can prove without the player saying it himself.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dangerous. Not malicious or dirty.

This is the reason there is a two minute boarding penalty in the NHL.

So, what's the difference between that and Hossa's hit against Hamhuis?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe, but I think "Intent to Injure" is the hardest thing anyone can prove without the player saying it himself.

Wiz on Seabrook?

(insert peeing joke)

Or anytime Cooke is on the ice.

R K

Liked Posts:
Wiz on Seabrook?

(insert peeing joke)

Or anytime Cooke is on the ice.

Wiz was intentional. He came from the Blue Line with one thing on his mind. Hossa, very similar, and while I don't believe Seidenberg was out to intentionally injure Toews, it was a dangerous hit that I thought the league was trying to remove from the game.

Player safety is SO inconsistent it's not even funny anymore. He saw his numbers the entire time.

R K

Liked Posts:
I think that his intent was obviously to injure a player. He made no play at the puck but rather to upend a player. Wait until the next time that they play. Pay-back will be made in spades.

I disagree. Seidenberg is not a dirty player and by his reaction AFTER the play it appeared he wished he had not made the check.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I see it as he was trying to get better position to get the puck. In my mind, intent to injure would be him not even going for the puck and driving Thoumbz into the boards. That would be something I expect Carcillo to do.

I think the bigger question is why the fuck was Thoumbz on the ice afterwards? I don't care if he is a warrior, and you can't stop me from playing and blah blah blah. Dude, you are the franchise. You are the Captain. You are getting paid 10.5 million by an organization that historically would nver pay a player that much. You are their investment. The Hawks should not have let him take another shift. I don't blame 19 as much as the coaching staff or the doctors.

R K

Liked Posts:
Not getting 10.5 mil yet. Hawks seem to have a problem with delegating what happens after a potential head injury. Not the first time for this question either.

By flying to Long Island I would think he's ok.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I see it as he was trying to get better position to get the puck. In my mind, intent to injure would be him not even going for the puck and driving Thoumbz into the boards. That would be something I expect Carcillo to do.

I think the bigger question is why the fuck was Thoumbz on the ice afterwards? I don't care if he is a warrior, and you can't stop me from playing and blah blah blah. Dude, you are the franchise. You are the Captain. You are getting paid 10.5 million by an organization that historically would nver pay a player that much. You are their investment. The Hawks should not have let him take another shift. I don't blame 19 as much as the coaching staff or the doctors.

Yeah that was my biggest problem with the hit too. You can't let him stay out there after something like that, even if it ends up being nothing. Especially with his history of concussions. Gotta know better by now. I agree, that's on the coaches. Get him off the ice.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
On the plane confirmed...? That's the number one indicator of no concussion which would make me pee a little in relief.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Q on keeping Toews out on the ice:

"5 on 3, I wouldn't want to come out either. I don’t think anybody would want to come off in that situation. He takes a faceoff and got thrown out but certainly he’s a competitive guy. That’s where he’s at."

What a fucking moron.