OT: Kobe

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Kobe is a great. I agree. I just don't agree that Kobe is better than Jordan, or that it's even fair to say so, other than to promote the NBA. People just need to live with the fact that it will take a lot more than ESPN home-made hyped GOATS to knock MJ off the mountain.

I agree Kobe is NOT better than Jordan for the record. As you say about ESPN though, they have hyped Jordan as the best for years which is irresponsible and biased. You can make an argument for who is the best but it is hard to compare. The conversation for who is the best has to include Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt. The best I've ever seen with my own eyes was Magic. Revolutionized the way 6'9" and taller play the game and was the greatest winner i've ever seen. Based on statistics and accomplishments someone could make a strong case for Kareem as well, never understood why big men won't develop the sky hook these days.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess you are referring to the 91 team? Where did i saw they were old? I said they weren't the same team, meaning players retired/moved on. You're basing your argument on the bulls beating the 91 lakers who had Vlade Divac as their starting center. So your argument is not valid, unless you think Vlade was as good or better than Kareem...is that it?

Honestly those Bulls teams would never have handled the front court of the Lakers, or Celtics for that matter. The Lakers were better at nearly every position and deeper. Again, please tell me how Jordan was the best player in the 80's when Magic and Bird were winning rings and MVP's. How do can you make a statement like that? It would be equivalent to me saying Shaq was the best player of the 90's.
Ok, I'll repeat it. When Jordan was dominating the league, it was, by far and away, the single greatest era of big men basketball has ever seen. With that, Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman was so good, that you could throw a warm corpse like Longley in at Center, and the Bulls would still eat their lunch.

The Lakers of the 80's? They would be hard pressed to take that Bulls team to 6 games.

Last edited:

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Ok, I'll repeat it. When Jordan was dominating the league, it was, by far and away, the single greatest era of big men basketball has ever seen. With that, Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman was so good, that you could throw a warm corpse like Longley in at Center, and the Bulls would still eat their lunch.

According to who, you?

The Lakers of the 80's? They would be hard pressed to take that Bulls team to 6 games.

LOL, wat? Were you even alive during the 80's?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. You do realize that you are the guy who proclaimed Kobe to be more clutch than Jordan (and everyone else who ever played the game)

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Saying Kobe is a top 5 player is not egregious. And he is a better basketball player than Jerry West was (stop the madness, please), he is the second best 2 guard of all time. The clutch stuff with him is hype...over hype. I bought in at one time, no more. I have stated that Jordan and Lebron are better players. Kobe however is one of the greatest ever. I think Magic had a better career overall as a Laker though.

Liked Posts:
I agree Kobe is NOT better than Jordan for the record. As you say about ESPN though, they have hyped Jordan as the best for years which is irresponsible and biased. You can make an argument for who is the best but it is hard to compare. The conversation for who is the best has to include Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt. The best I've ever seen with my own eyes was Magic. Revolutionized the way 6'9" and taller play the game and was the greatest winner i've ever seen. Based on statistics and accomplishments someone could make a strong case for Kareem as well, never understood why big men won't develop the sky hook these days.

Kareem's best years came when the talent was diluted because of the ABA and there was rampant drug use among players. Kareem's era was the era that Magic and Bird had to save.

And your comments on Kobe and Jordan are so ridiculous, they qualify as either trolling or stupidity. Congratulations.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Kareem's best years came when the talent was diluted because of the ABA and there was rampant drug use among players. Kareem's era was the era that Magic and Bird had to save.

And your comments on Kobe and Jordan are so ridiculous, they qualify as either trolling or stupidity. Congratulations.

Wonderful grammar there. I can see from your screen name choice you are completely unbiased. Was Jordan great, of course, but he is not the unquestioned best ever.

Liked Posts:
P
Wonderful grammar there. I can see from your screen name choice you are completely unbiased. Was Jordan great, of course, but he is not the unquestioned best ever.

More nonsense that you probably don't even believe.

And enlighten me on my grammar faux pas.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Good argument. Too bad it's not the case at all. I've been all over the world, and Jordan's clutch is recognized far more outside of Chicago, than Kobe's is recognized outside of LA. This even includes younger generations that only saw Kobe, or 2nd 3-peat Mike. And there is a reason for this perception. Playoff performances. Not even counting the more important aspect of the game, defensive performances in the clutch.

I've lived in LA for a while and even the biggest Laker homers admit that MJ is better than Kobe. And Magic is still recognized as easily the greatest Laker of all time. Kobe is just part of the argument for 2nd greatest Laker of all time (along with Kareem, Wilt, West, and Shaq).

As for my own opinion, Kobe can't hold MJ's jock. And he's a rapist piece of shit.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I've lived in LA for a while and even the biggest Laker homers admit that MJ is better than Kobe. And Magic is still recognized as easily the greatest Laker of all time. Kobe is just part of the argument for 2nd greatest Laker of all time (along with Kareem, Wilt, West, and Shaq).

As for my own opinion, Kobe can't hold MJ's jock. And he's a rapist piece of shit.

Wilt and Shaq were not in LA for the majority of their careers, but West and Kareem I would both take over Kobe...for the simple reason both of them were team players.

But Kobe...nope. He won't be around in 5 years, but Gasol just might with his low maintenance playing style.

Thanks Kobe!

Liked Posts:

Actually, he is unquestioned. Like saying Lemeuix was better than Gretzky.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

This guy was talking about clutch performance, not ranking them on GOAT lists.