"The Slam" is SC's Top Play

WearShades

Liked Posts:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDdmE6WVZgc&fmt=22[/youtube]

As far as I know this is Derrick's first SC #1. His other dunk was in the top 10 too. This can only help his reputation across the league.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:

I know Ben Gordon and Joakim Noah had the #1 play on Sports Center during the Celtics series last year. Derrick might have had the #1 after Game 1, but it's also possible he didn't.

I think that Alley-Oop dunk was the best play post Jordan that didn't have a significant impact on a game (the game winners, game tiers, game saving blocks, etc. are better because of their impact, but this was the most impressive play in terms of what actually happened on it).

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
I know Ben Gordon and Joakim Noah had the #1 play on Sports Center during the Celtics series last year. Derrick might have had the #1 after Game 1, but it's also possible he didn't.

I think that Alley-Oop dunk was the best play post Jordan that didn't have a significant impact on a game (the game winners, game tiers, game saving blocks, etc. are better because of their impact, but this was the most impressive play in terms of what actually happened on it).

The block Rose had on Rondo was number 2 or 3

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:

The Noah steal-drive-dunk might have been just as good, and that was very integral to the win that day. Certainly the Rose dunk is going to be on his all-time reel.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re:

This is definitely on his all time highlight reel unless he does some really crazy stuff in the future. But it's pretty hard to top this. All I can say is daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmnnn kid's got some serious hops.

flipcyde23

Liked Posts:
Not only did the Bulls bench erupt... you can see all the Atlanta fans get out of their seats for that one too!!! Awesome play!!!

jsain360

Liked Posts:
I miss Aaron Gray for moments like that

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Re:

Interesting little stat, if Derrick gets 24 tomorrow, he's averaging 20 ppg on the season. And you guys wanted to trade him for Jennings :D

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Re:

bullsman24 wrote:
Interesting little stat, if Derrick gets 24 tomorrow, he's averaging 20 ppg on the season. And you guys wanted to trade him for Jennings :D

I wasn't a member of the board earlier in the year, and judging from that it was probably a good thing. Jennings? Ugh.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Re:

bullsman24 wrote:

LOL. That was one of the most ridiculous threads that have been posted here.

Well it's Indy so I think it's safe to say Rose has a really good chance at topping 24 in that game. In the past 20 games, Rose is averaging 22.5ppg.