Craft beer

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After searching around I didn't find a thread pertaining to this subject so I figured to make one myself

Who's into it? What is your favorite brewery? Whats the best beer you've had and what are some of your favorite places to go to?

Right now Im drinking Green bullet from Green flash out in somewhere California. Triple IPA around 10.1% ABV

If anyone from here is in the Northwest Indiana area and haven't been to Three Floyd s, I definitely recommend checking them out.
18th Street brewery in Gary IN is also a good place as well as One Trick Pony in Lansing IL.
Revolution brewery in Chicago IL is fucking excellent, great food too!

Discuss, and cheers! :beer:

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love me some Three Floyd

Zombie Dust
Jinx Proof
Pride and Joy (Amazing)
Gum BallHead

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
we were just talking about a board field trip to 3 floyd's in another thread. I love most of their stuff. esp. War Mullet and then Dreadnaught and then Zombie Dust.

Revolution is close to where we live but I'm not a fan of Anti-Hero. I like their Double Fist.

Half Acre is also close to us and I love Daisy Cutter. I've been told to try their Akari Shogun but I'm not a big wheat beer fan.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love me some Three Floyd

Zombie Dust
Jinx Proof
Pride and Joy (Amazing)
Gum BallHead
Gumball head was the first beer I actually drank without dry heaving (blame miller lite) but Zombie dust is overrated honestly
Ive taken a liking to their Yum Yum which actually has started to get bottled as well as their War mullet. I actually have the Apocalypse cow tattooed on my leg lol

we were just talking about a board field trip to 3 floyd's in another thread. I love most of their stuff. esp. War Mullet and then Dreadnaught and then Zombie Dust.

Revolution is close to where we live but I'm not a fan of Anti-Hero. I like their Double Fist.

Half Acre is also close to us and I love Daisy Cutter. I've been told to try their Akari Shogun but I'm not a big wheat beer fan.

Have you ever taken the dreadnaught challenge? lol funny story. You have to drink an entire growler of that to yourself in one night. Needless to say I woke up with my dog on my bed (Shes not allowed there) and myself on my dogs bed inside the kitchen. Double fist is excellent but Anti Hero will always be one of my favorites. Crystal hero wasn't half bad as well though.
I forgot to mention Half Acre though, Another brewery close to that area but doesn't have a taproom is Spiteful, One of my old coworkers is a cofounder of that place and I usually get free shit from there.
If anybodys down for a trip to Three floyds, Im fucking in, I live blocks away from there and if anybody gets too drunk or had too much to drink, Anybody is welcome to stay at my place for the night.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
b992deaade2124c272c0c99c15f47cbb.jpg

Just started on American beauty (which was a compulsive purchase as all new beers are) it's a double IPA from dogfish head, I can really only taste almond granola every sip I take, which is actually quite refreshing.
9%ABV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Never heard of spiteful. Will look for it!

As far as 3 floyds, while we disagree on their 'flavors', we can agree that they are generally awesome!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also re: dry heaving, a friend convinced us to have post-drinks food at chilis and all they had on tap was sam adams or coors light. I got a sam adams and threw it up into my tacos. I guess i am becoming a beer snob bit i will still drink mgd and listen to ratt with hbkrusso

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can agree they are generally awesome but to be very honest, Nick Floyd has honestly ran out of creativity, his double IPA's hes been having the brewers make tastes almost like something they've made before.
Heres Spiteful's website
http://spitefulbrewing.com

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also re: dry heaving, a friend convinced us to have post-drinks food at chilis and all they had on tap was sam adams or coors light. I got a sam adams and threw it up into my tacos. I guess i am becoming a beer snob bit i will still drink mgd and listen to ratt with hbkrusso

I will always and forever be a beer snob, I just cant drink something thats fucking $12 for an entire case, as much as I cant afford it I'd rather have something I can enjoy.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? I mean There's a billion better beers than Sam Adams, but it's not that bad. Was it a seasonal? I'll drink any beer you put in front of me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
b992deaade2124c272c0c99c15f47cbb.jpg

Just started on American beauty (which was a compulsive purchase as all new beers are) it's a double IPA from dogfish head, I can really only taste almond granola every sip I take, which is actually quite refreshing.
9%ABV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you like the dead?

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not my favorite but I do like Sam Adams Octoberfest.

You know, I never liked sam adams until they came out with their Rebel IPA, I was caught off guard to say the least. As most of you can tell I am an IPA drinker, my girl is a Stout drinker, I can stand stouts for the most part unless they're Imperial stouts.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hi buddy, I like you. WOW, Impressive collection, Im still going through them but WOW, I need to make a beer profile similar to yours.

Aha cheers. That's not all the beers I've had over the years, just the ones I remember. And lately I've been drinking too much Budweiser :(

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whaaaaaaaaaaat? I mean There's a billion better beers than Sam Adams, but it's not that bad. Was it a seasonal? I'll drink any beer you put in front of me.

bro it was just their sam adams and I wanted to puke.

for shit beer, and it's not because I'm a hipster, but PBR. I used to visit my grandmother at her Catholic shrine retirement home and she would always hand me a PBR. She was the baddest-ass person I've ever met next to my mother.