Road to the Winter Classic on EPIX HD

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, NHL.COM is also showing this correct? Anyone know if EPIX or NHL.COM will be showing this at other times besides Tues at 9:00 PM CST, which will be during the 2nd period of the Hawks/Wild game tomorrow night (16th) and the second period of the Hawks/Jets game next Tuesday (23rd)?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I would assume EPIX is, but not NHL.com as I thought EPIX was able to get the full rights? And EPIX sucks, I wouldn't even bother with this show. The NHL was barely able to get them to do it so I doubt either entity is going to put any production dollars behind it. If I remember correctly the Hawks did a HawkTV little program on it the last two times didn't they? I would just wait for those.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Is it going to be uncensored? That was really the only good part about the game footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Is it going to be uncensored? That was really the only good part about the game footage.

Depends on what you mean by sensored... EPIX is considered a premium channel, but is by no means HBO, or Showtime or whatever it was on last time.... It's as bad as I remember Encore being when I was younger.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'll have to check to see if I even have it on my cable package.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:

I certainty hope so, that really ups the entertainment level.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And FYI I Was incorrect
EPIX, a premium channel that debuted in 2009, is available in 50 million homes. However, since EPIX isn’t offered by several carriers, including Comcast, the largest distributor in the Chicago area, the series also will air online on the NHL, Blackhawks and EPIX sites to reach a wider audience.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Wowza, look who's the face of the Hawks...

Road_To_The_NHL_Winter_Classic_Episode_1_playerposters_446120.jpg

:crazydance:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Are they going to do an alumni game for this one... I want to see Daze lay on the ice and get treatment for his back.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently, if you have DISH network, you can access EPIX. Otherwise, it appears to be an online streaming servicellike Netflix or Hulu, though I believe some of the programming may be live. EPIX is offering a free trial period to watch the series. Hopefully, one can see it at other times, because I can't believe they scheduled the first two episodes on the 16th and 23rd smack in the middle of a Hawks game. DOH!

On NHLN, they showed a clip from the first show of a conversation between Bickell and Shaw, about the cut on Bickell's face after the high-stick in the last Preds game.

Here's a link from NHL.Com which notes:

The NHL / EPIX partnership will deliver unprecedented reach to the NHL base of almost 60 million U.S. hockey fans with a unique digital all-access free pass to view the entire series. Fans will be able to stream each episode live as it premieres on EPIX via the following digital platforms:

- Online at http://www.epix.com/nhl and NHL.com

- Via the EPIX and NHL Facebook pages

- Via the official app of the NHL available on Android and iOS

- Via the official EPIX App on Android, iOS, XBOX 360, PS3, PS4, Roku and Windows 8

Non EPIX subscribers in the U.S. who wish to stream the series on demand and across their respective devices will have the ability to register for a limited free trial to the service at EPIX.com.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=739953

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Are they going to do an alumni game for this one... I want to see Daze lay on the ice and get treatment for his back.

This was me reading your post...

nelson-2.jpg

Who doesn't like a good ole' #55 bad back joke.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And FYI I Was incorrect

EPIX, a premium channel that debuted in 2009, is available in 50 million homes. However, since EPIX isn’t offered by several carriers, including Comcast, the largest distributor in the Chicago area, the series also will air online on the NHL, Blackhawks and EPIX sites to reach a wider audience.

They made you staff? Is Rush insane? Thanks, for the info anyway.

...and thanks for nuthin!

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Here's the free* trial signup page...
http://www.epixhd.com/freetrial/nhl/

* "Nothing is free...NOTHING!"
John Rambo

Series Schedule:

EPIX PRESENTS ROAD TO THE NHL WINTER CLASSIC

Premiere – Tuesday, Dec. 16 at 10pm ET/PT, 9CT

Episode 2 – Tuesday, Dec. 23 at 10pm ET/PT, 9CT

Episode 3 – Tuesday, Dec. 30 at 10pm ET/PT, 9CT

Episode 4 – Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 10pm ET/PT, 9CT

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They made you staff? Is Rush insane? Thanks, for the info anyway.

...and thanks for nuthin!
Sssssshhhh.... I just wore the same shirt when I got here and poof... they haven't taken it away yet. Don't ruin this for me, I here it pays better than IHN.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Sssssshhhh.... I just wore the same shirt when I got here and poof... they haven't taken it away yet. Don't ruin this for me, I here it pays better than IHN.
It must be like yellow t-shirt the Seals gave Capt. Phillips, so the snipers wouldn't aerate his noggin with a MK11 round. :X

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first episode replays at 10:00 CST, after the first showing at 9:00 PM.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I went to the Hawks "O" site, which directed me to the NHL.com epix feed, and although the video skin said Winter Classic ep. 1, it was showing NHL live feed. :rolleyes:

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to the Hawks "O" site, which directed me to the NHL.com epix feed, and although the video skin said Winter Classic ep. 1, it was showing NHL live feed. :rolleyes:

I signed up for the Free trial and paused the 9:000 PM episode, watched the first part between the 2nd and 3rd periods, and the rest after the game. Here's my synopsis:

The road is this, the road is that.
Q: "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."
Trots: "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."
Q: "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."
Trots: "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."
The road is a journey, the road is...
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."