Wild @ Blackhawks IGT 12/16 @ 7:30 p.m.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I sometimes forget Tuomo Ruutu isn't on our team anymore. "#1 international prospect...." Yea, sure. Was such a big big bust

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Lmao bust? Guy has over half a point per game average and has been hampered by major knee injuries which everyone knew could hurt him. Plus he's played on some shit teams. Did he live up to his potential? No, but he's been a very good 2nd/3rd liner in the NHL and it's not like he didn't get to his potential due to talent, more or less his rough and tumble playing style just couldn't hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Lmao bust? Guy has over half a point per game average and has been hampered by major knee injuries which everyone knew could hurt him. Plus he's played on some shit teams. Did he live up to his potential? No, but he's been a very good 2nd/3rd liner in the NHL and it's not like he didn't get to his potential due to talent, more or less his rough and tumble playing style just couldn't hold up.

Hahah and here I thought Jako would be the first one to respond

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Yakupov and Vorobiev are the definition of busts not Ruutu.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah I was going to say he wasn't even close to the biggest first round bust the Hawks have had....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kyle Beach anyone?

Yeah, when you blow a first rounder these days its disaster. Scouting is so much more refined these days, mostly because technology has literally shrunk the planet. Back in the day, there were a lot more bad choices...maybe I should say missed choices. Guys like Steve Larmer had first round talent but didn't go till the 6th or 7th round....passed by everyone for 6 rounds. Pretty commonplace back then but would be a rarity today.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You don't? Why, cuz he's not ginger? Racist!

I think this was appropriate given our previous conversation.

1100x619

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah, when you blow a first rounder these days its disaster. Scouting is so much more refined these days, mostly because technology has literally shrunk the planet. Back in the day, there were a lot more bad choices...maybe I should say missed choices. Guys like Steve Larmer had first round talent but didn't go till the 6th or 7th round....passed by everyone for 6 rounds. Pretty commonplace back then but would be a rarity today.

Hey Johnny Hockey was, what a 4th rounder? Don't give me any of that he was only 5'6" lip.

And Beach is a quality 0.5 PPG player on his Austrian league team this year. Bickell was only .99 PPG in Austria during the lockout; clearly we could get better bang for buck value if he kept Beach.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no one mentioned Skille? I'm surprised, he was a huge disappointment. Another all speed no hands type player.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
no one mentioned Skille? I'm surprised, he was a huge disappointment. Another all speed no hands type player.

You mean the man who was just playing 1st line RW on a team who just won their 7th straight game... That's why he's not mentioned. You know, his whopping 5 points in 20+ games this season for a 12 place team is very valuable.

BTW. Just saw Stalgod was put on waivers.. but he'll probably get clearance for it being a conditioning stint coming off of injury.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw was passed over for two years and was a 5th rounder (if I remember correctly) in his third year he was eligible for the draft.