Why are game threads locked a day after the game?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Must be what DMelt does. Every mod decides how they want to run their sub-forum. Now that we have new blackhawks mods, could be open to discussion.

I never lock any of my Bears IGT's unless the thread becomes a flame war well after the game, which hasn't happened in a long time surprisingly.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We used to do it on IHN but stopped. I think on a board with less posting it's easier to do because there isn't as much activity and you can do clean cuts. Back in our heyday we'd have lot's of good GDTs about games that would care over for a couple of days and was hard to cut off and try to just simply move because of all the back and fourth so we started to just leave everything open. It's especially tough on back to back game nights when you're having a good conversation about the game then lock it to move on to the next. I honestly don't care either way at this point.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
So should we make post game threads? Some people want to still talk about the game.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Here's a recent photo of Grimson...

shutterstock_96357110.jpg

wavey-guy.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I did not see this thread until just now but I had not locked the recent thread. Will find out who did so we can avoid this in the future.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Must be what DMelt does. Every mod decides how they want to run their sub-forum. Now that we have new blackhawks mods, could be open to discussion.

I never lock any of my Bears IGT's unless the thread becomes a flame war well after the game, which hasn't happened in a long time surprisingly.

Don't lie to them Scoot :troll:

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
lol, it is true though. Most peoples flame wars start in new threads after the game.

Funny you say that... Many of the rivals who posted on the IHN Boards in the past usually didn't flame or troll us. They did the common "good game" sportsmanship routine. :) Even the Wings fan we had did it as well.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Funny you say that... Many of the rivals who posted on the IHN Boards in the past usually didn't flame or troll us. They did the common "good game" sportsmanship routine. :) Even the Wings fan we had did it as well.

Because by the time they found us we were dropping cups on their head and usually kicking their ass. haha.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

We've had so few fans of other hockey teams arrive in this forum. Kinda bummed about that part.

During last year's series with the Blues, we had a guy come over from the Cubs forum who claimed that he had some sort of connection with David Backes. Still skeptical because Internet, but he did correctly call Backes' gameday status for the remainder of the series. Think he got banned for being obnoxious in the Cubs' forum though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We had one good blues poster who showed up right again after a long absence before the merge. Maybe he'll make his way over here. We had another one that showed up just before the merge that only had like two posts. Other than that the only shitballs we got were from Van. It had something to do with some news story or something that quoted our board or RK for something. I can't remember what it was, it was years ago. Maybe it was comments to an article that linked to our board or something but we had a nice little flame war from that once.