New York vs BULLS Thurs Dec 18th at 7PM on TNT

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
horrible 3rd quarter they need to pick up the energy level or we'll end up losing

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
well we got the win but it wasnt a very impressive one

lets hope they were saving themselves for 2maro

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shit.. I missed it, how long was he in? About a minute I assume?
4 minutes. Took no shots, had 1 turnover and 2 fouls. No other stats.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
4 minutes. Took no shots, had 1 turnover and 2 fouls. No other stats.

Sounds like it wasn't the best appearance for him. Selfishly a fan of his, I wish he could crack more time but I know Thibs likes to stick with Vets. They only gave him a partial guarantee so I really hope he sticks on longer. I read an article that the organization really likes him and likes his work ethic and of course he grew up a bulls fan, but without him getting many minutes is hard to tell how they really feel about him. I'd love to see him get a shot for this team but where do the minutes come from, especially without injuries. He's a solid all around player. I wish they would have given him a shot at Aaron Brooks spot, but with the way he's scoring I"m not sure they need Moore there because he's more of an all around guard not a pure scorer.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IIRC when Rose and Kirk were out and Moore was playing backup PG, he did decently. 4 minutes is hardly any kind of time for someone to do well in, especially if they're not a shoot first type of player. Moore to me seems like the opposite of Brooks. Not much of a scorer, but he's taller and can play better defense. He's a solid insurance guy, but imo it's easy to see why he doesn't get more time, especially with Brooks giving the offensive spark he does.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sounds like it wasn't the best appearance for him. Selfishly a fan of his, I wish he could crack more time but I know Thibs likes to stick with Vets. They only gave him a partial guarantee so I really hope he sticks on longer. I read an article that the organization really likes him and likes his work ethic and of course he grew up a bulls fan, but without him getting many minutes is hard to tell how they really feel about him. I'd love to see him get a shot for this team but where do the minutes come from, especially without injuries. He's a solid all around player. I wish they would have given him a shot at Aaron Brooks spot, but with the way he's scoring I"m not sure they need Moore there because he's more of an all around guard not a pure scorer.
Moore is fine for depth, but unless injuries occur, I don't want to see him really.

Brooks is everything I expected him to be and I'm happy for that.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
IIRC when Rose and Kirk were out and Moore was playing backup PG, he did decently. 4 minutes is hardly any kind of time for someone to do well in, especially if they're not a shoot first type of player. Moore to me seems like the opposite of Brooks. Not much of a scorer, but he's taller and can play better defense. He's a solid insurance guy, but imo it's easy to see why he doesn't get more time, especially with Brooks giving the offensive spark he does.
Moore is a better all around guard than brooks but that's not what they need on this team, they need a brooks/Augustine/Robinson, like player to provide that offensive spark Moore is more in the Jimmy Butler mold player type wise (obviously not saying he's as good or talented) and he's an excellent shooter. There really isn't a place for him now without injuries but hopefully he's giving them enough in practice to stick around.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Moore is fine for depth, but unless injuries occur, I don't want to see him really.

Brooks is everything I expected him to be and I'm happy for that.
Yeah. Brooks is that prototypical scorer/energy player that Thibs likes in his system.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Moore is a better all around guard than brooks but that's not what they need on this team, they need a brooks/Augustine/Robinson, like player to provide that offensive spark Moore is more in the Jimmy Butler mold player type wise (obviously not saying he's as good or talented) and he's an excellent shooter. There really isn't a place for him now without injuries but hopefully he's giving them enough in practice to stick around.
I'd give Moore Kirk's spot...Hinrich can't hit water if he was standing in the ocean right now. Though come the All Star break Kirk will start lighting it up like he's the human torch so...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd give Moore Kirk's spot...Hinrich can't hit water if he was standing in the ocean right now. Though come the All Star break Kirk will start lighting it up like he's the human torch so...
That Cleveland game, Kirk was nailing three's to tie it or give us the lead... then came the clutch time...Hinrich was dead.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think you're right, Hinrich is a very good comparison only Moore is more athletic, for obvious reasons at his point. Again. I'm biased on Moore, and i'm not saying he's an all-star, would just really like to see him get a shot. But I don't think it's here this year, and I bet he knew that going in when he signed. But he wanted to be here, he's getting excellent coaching in a fine organization a solid pay check and close to home.