Michael Silver: " Bears offensive players believe Clausen will "light it up"

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
only people who give a fuck about football "narratives" are unemployed bloggers, so make up whatever the fuck narrative you want, because only your aunt will read it, and she's dead.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Who the F is Michael Silver, and what does Esther Rosenzweig think?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why do I think Clausen will fail?

Besides I've seen him play, this
" Brad Biggs @BradBiggs · 2h 2 hours ago

Riddle me this: Why does Trestman change QBs without practicing yesterday? Clausen could use all work needed for Lions."

I'm not saying he won't fail, I just don't know why everyone thinks:

A) This means he's the QB of the future
B) He'll be any worse than Cutler

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL whatever bro, rephrase to "give him a chance to start". Happy?

No, he wasn't a "high pick" like you claimed either. He was drafted 48th overall. He was under contract until the end of last season with the Panthers and spent last year on the IR list. He became available and the Bears took a flier on him, and are now giving him the chance to start.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Clausson's chances showing us all we have what it takes with our weapons and scheme.
Would luv to see Trestman and Kromer vindicated against one of the best DLINE's in football.
Enough said. Definitely will not have 10,000+ NO Shows .... THIS Sunday. Owners did a smart thing with Clausson IMO

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
...Wut. How wasn't he?

He wasn't, right at seasons end I remember the hype train was predicting Nick Fariley #1. If you looked at many January mocks and talks around the time it wasn't considered a sure thing for Newton. After interviews and combine time it was Newton #1 definitely.

It's a wild chase when you judge all the different opinions. I forget which, but one of the McShay/Hammerhead guys was dead certain Clausen was a top 5 pick. That one I remember finding laughable.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
No, he wasn't a "high pick" like you claimed either. He was drafted 48th overall. He was under contract until the end of last season with the Panthers and spent last year on the IR list. He became available and the Bears took a flier on him, and are now giving him the chance to start.

2nd Rd isn't a high pick anymore? News to me.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Joe Montana was drafted 82nd by the $9ers outta ND in the 3rd round .... just sayin....... (( And no, I dont believe he is better than Cutler.... but might be a better "administrator'" ))
We are takin a flyer on My Pickle to see if he can run a scheme properly and I hope for that Canuck's sake he lights it up against a top opponent in Detoilet.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he won't fail, I just don't know why everyone thinks:

A) This means he's the QB of the future
B) He'll be any worse than Cutler

Because he's never been better and with nothing else changing on the team I don't see this as a change for the better.
It could possibly be fishing to see what the problems with Cutler are and what are the rest of the offense's problems.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn't, right at seasons end I remember the hype train was predicting Nick Fariley #1. If you looked at many January mocks and talks around the time it wasn't considered a sure thing for Newton. After interviews and combine time it was Newton #1 definitely.

It's a wild chase when you judge all the different opinions. I forget which, but one of the McShay/Hammerhead guys was dead certain Clausen was a top 5 pick. That one I remember finding laughable.
As soon as Carolina got a coach it was pretty much Newton all the way. Especially after Luck decided to go back to school.

Butkusrules

Liked Posts:
I wanted to make sure this is a part of the narrative too regarding this whole Cutler benching/Trestman debacle. Michael Silver is and has been a Trestman ally from the get to. Silver stood up for the Trestman hire and helped paint the positive narrative on the hire, despite the fact that it was a horrible hire.

Now he's trying to help paint this narrative too and it's the wrong narrative.

Silver covered the 49ers at two separate newspapers in Northern California so their relationship is long standing. I think that's missing in the discussion today about the Bears, Trestman is Silver's source in all of this. And now he's trying to help polish the turd to help Trestman get another job.

They are both Jews too, they stick together.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Because he's never been better and with nothing else changing on the team I don't see this as a change for the better.
It could possibly be fishing to see what the problems with Cutler are and what are the rest of the offense's problems.

I think that's exactly what it is, but people are overreacting to it per usual.