Michael Silver: " Bears offensive players believe Clausen will "light it up"

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Michael Silver: " Bears offensive players believe Clausen will "light it up"

"What I just said on @nflnetwork : Bears offensive players believe Clausen will 'light it up,' simply because he'll run offense as prescribed"

Newblood

Liked Posts:
What else are they going to say? We are fucked, he sucks, we may as well not even take the field?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why is everyone so down on Claussen? The guy got kind of a raw deal in Carolina. It's tough to say exactly what he will do with any certainty.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is everyone so down on Claussen? The guy got kind of a raw deal in Carolina. It's tough to say exactly what he will do with any certainty.

And your first start as a Bear is against the best D line in the league, isn't a raw deal?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

He also has way more weapons here in Chicago. I don't expect much, but it won't be as bad as people are expecting.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And your first start as a Bear is against the best D line in the league, isn't a raw deal?

I'm just not sure why anyone would be expecting worse than what we've already seen this season. If anything, Claussen has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
Mostly down because Clausen was so bad in Carolina they gave up on him immediately, and he hasn't really thrown a pass in the 3 years since. 52% completion, 3 times as many picks as TDs.. The fact that nobody took a flier on him kinda tells you what you need to know hence why Fales should be playing.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just not sure why anyone would be expecting worse than what we've already seen this season. If anything, Claussen has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I expect worse than what we've seen because replacing Cutler is not going to fix the rest of the problems on this team. Is Trestman going to run the ball against Detroit this time? Are the dumb pre-snap penalties going to stop? Can Clausen avoid pressure like Cutler?(Honestly don't remember if he is slow or not).

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect worse than what we've seen because replacing Cutler is not going to fix the rest of the problems on this team. Is Trestman going to run the ball against Detroit this time? Are the dumb pre-snap penalties going to stop? Can Clausen avoid pressure like Cutler?(Honestly don't remember if he is slow or not).

Cutler is a better athlete.

If Clausen is smart he'll play it like Brees. Get to your drop, hit your back foot, and get the ball out. He also has a quicker release than Cutler because he doesn't insist on a funky throwing motion. Might help. Who knows. I'm not expecting much but it's something new and different and exciting

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler is a better athlete.

If Clausen is smart he'll play it like Brees. Get to your drop, hit your back foot, and get the ball out. He also has a quicker release than Cutler because he doesn't insist on a funky throwing motion. Might help. Who knows. I'm not expecting much but it's something new and different and exciting

The ND fan in me wants to see Clausen succeed. I think both Clausen and Quinn got screwed by going to those shitty teams. But I don't think it matters. The fact that the Bears have no speed really at the WR position means the DB's will probably play a lot closer on the receivers. I expect a shit show worse than the NO game.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The ND fan in me wants to see Clausen succeed. I think both Clausen and Quinn got screwed by going to those shitty teams. But I don't think it matters. The fact that the Bears have no speed really at the WR position means the DB's will probably play a lot closer on the receivers. I expect a shit show worse than the NO game.

Bears QB depth chart next year:

Clausen
Quinn
Rees

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Michael Silver is a Marc Trestman ally in all of this

I wanted to make sure this is a part of the narrative too regarding this whole Cutler benching/Trestman debacle. Michael Silver is and has been a Trestman ally from the get to. Silver stood up for the Trestman hire and helped paint the positive narrative on the hire, despite the fact that it was a horrible hire.

Now he's trying to help paint this narrative too and it's the wrong narrative.

Silver covered the 49ers at two separate newspapers in Northern California so their relationship is long standing. I think that's missing in the discussion today about the Bears, Trestman is Silver's source in all of this. And now he's trying to help polish the turd to help Trestman get another job.