If the Celtics are blowing it up

czman

Liked Posts:
What about Jeff Green. He has never grown into the player people thought he would, but he has a lot of talent. He is a bit passive, so that does not fit with Thibs; the talent is there.

I think Green for
Dunleavy
Snell
Moore
Bairstow

will work. It would be a nice add and be the piece the Bulls are missing.

Thoughts?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah i'll take Green

hes a bit inconsistent but is better than what we have currently

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see them giving Green away and I don't see the Bulls dealing Dun.

The Bulls showed how much they appreciated Dun taking less money to be here last year but not dealing him a midst giving Deng away.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Why is every bulls fan so quick to trade Dunleavy?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we need some kind of upgrade on the wing

Dun starting and Hinrich closing games isn't gonna cut it i dont think

it was important for Doug to be able to step in right away and provide but that didn't happen and likely wont now

we need a good player thibs will trust...Wilson Chandler, Afflalo, Green somebody

signing a washed up AK47 isnt gonna help much...at this point hes not even a SF

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love for the Bulls to get Green and/or Bradley.

czman

Liked Posts:
Why is every bulls fan so quick to trade Dunleavy?

What other contracts do the Bulls have? You have to move money for money and the Bulls don't have many players they can move. I guess Gibson is on the table, but that move does not make sense for either team.

czman

Liked Posts:
I don't see them giving Green away and I don't see the Bulls dealing Dun.

The Bulls showed how much they appreciated Dun taking less money to be here last year but not dealing him a midst giving Deng away.

I think the Bulls will deal Dunleavy in a second if they can get better. They did not trade him last year because he had one year left on the contract and was very affordable. There was no reason to deal him last season.

The Celtics just gave a better player away in Rondo. I think the deal I proposed probably give the Celtics more than they got for Rondo.

Green has one year after this one at ~9.5 million. That is a lot of money for Green. I don't think Celtics are going to get much more.

Honestly, I would rather keep Dunleavy for his shooting off the bench. I just don't how you make the money work without Gibson or Dunleavy. I don't think there is anyway the Bulls move McDermott. Dunleavy seems much more likely.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I ask this in all honesty because I haven't looked at it, but are they really blowing it up? I mean. I know they are dealing Rondo but he's been for a couple of years now one of the biggest problems on that team and they just haven't been able to get rid of him in a suitable way to get back what his talent is worth. Now with only one year left they were able to. He's very good, and talented, but not a team player and from reports not a very good locker room presence. The Rondo trade may be just what the team needs to refocus on basketball. Coming from Butler Brad Stevens didn't have to deal with many personalities like his. Did I miss other trades?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Going off what Mass has said... Rondo has been in trade rumors for a couple of years now. He's been in and out of the lineup.. So I'm not totally surprised he was traded.

I doubt the Celtics are looking to dump everyone...they're already bad as is.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I just feel like with the young team they have and the young talent their trying to amass they are just trying to get more and picks in order to build a critical mass to rebuild from and Rondo is the last piece because he's the last player you want young players looking to in the locker room in Boston.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is the Celtics may try to rebuild around Green...or maybe one of their younger guys (though none of them are really that great).

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Going off what Mass has said... Rondo has been in trade rumors for a couple of years now. He's been in and out of the lineup.. So I'm not totally surprised he was traded.

I doubt the Celtics are looking to dump everyone...they're already bad as is.

:( Sniffles