Ranking of Phil's Best Moves

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He used two third round picks and one second round pick to get two eventual pro bowl wide outs (Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery.)

Martellus Bennett has pro bowl numbers.

The offensive line hasn't been good this year but there was a big improvement between the 2012 offensive line and 2013 offensive line.

The Bears record doesn't show for it but there were improvements.

Some guys might come around next season, we'll see what happens.

Again and I repeat, you cannot call the offensive line overhauled if it takes a giant step backwards. An overhaul means there is depth in place to off set any major injuries. No it doesn't have to be nine offensive line Pro Bowl players, but Michael Ola really? Everything together adds up pretty quick to an abstract failure.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
2 draftees, 2 FA's on IR, the rest

malcore

"Abstract failure" seems an appropriate spell check, in relation to the last few weeks of this team.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
How is it a myth? IT's a myth if you don't understand what he actually was saying.

He is talking about the talent that isn't here for this year, but guys that may likely be good or finally in a position to be starters next year n on. Not guys that could of started this year but aren't even young anymore. The guys you talked about he left aren't all that young even. under30 isn't all the qualifications of young.

Showing the willingness to fire a 10-6 Coach without a good full team direction needs to be on the list.

The defense got older by almost 9 months on average from 2013 to 2014.

The Defense actually got younger in Angelo's last offseason (2010 to 2011) by 6 months on average.

Just because he (Emery) drafted some defensive players doesn't mean he's drafted "talented" defensive players. The only defensive guy that he's drafted so far that has actually shown longer term upside is Fuller. There isn't enough data or eye-tests on our new DT's to say yet.

Lastly, the quantity of misses on D he has had so far is definitely a concern...

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
He has made some good moves, but the bad moves, which happen to revolve around the biggest decisions a GM has to make, have been abysmal.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
How come?

Actually a good question.

I expected the offense to be a SB quality offense. But, I expected the defense to be about where it is - last in the NFL.

Hard to win games if you can't play D no matter how good your O is.

Unfortunately, both O and D shit the bed. And given Emery thought Special Teams meant you had to roster "special" athletes to play it... Well, we were doomed.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Part of me: The Cutler deal was secretly genius. This way, you might get a mid-round pick and stick some other poor bastard with the bulk of the cash instead of dropping him for nothing.

The other part of me: You are an idiot.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
How come?

Based on the expectations that Emery set forth. When you look at Emery as just a fan, strip away all your personal feelings and observations and go completely with the expectations Phil Emery set forth as the GM then this team should have been in the playoffs.

The key is to completely trust in Emery and eliminate everything personal. But based on where the offense was last year based on Emery's decision to retain Tucker and the free agents, the promise to be more versatile and aggressive on defense. You take Emery at his word and this team was right there especially with the players he went after on defense and the expected development of Bostic etc.

Personal feelings and observations and opinions included didn't expect a defense to be giganticly improved, improved yes but I didn't expect the offense to take such an large step back.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
And? A LOT of "fans" jumped off the bandwagon and are in loser denial about supporting him. They won't admit that they liked him before and dislike him now.

That just means fans don't like to lose and see the debacle that Emery created pretty much on his own? I guess you're not a good fan unless you overlook anything the people who run your favorite team fuck up. Oh wait, you're a Scrub fan, LOL

Nick80

19fhzpxce3qh1gif.gif

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
That just means fans don't like to lose and see the debacle that Emery created pretty much on his own? I guess you're not a good fan unless you overlook anything the people who run your favorite team fuck up. Oh wait, you're a Scrub fan, LOL

You can like or dislike whoever you want. I'm saying that posters are in denial about liking him before. They're acting like they always thought he was a bad GM, which they did not before.

Yeah I have always liked the Cubs and I am sure you didn't start watching the Blackhawks until the middle of the 2008 season.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#Truth. 90% of the fan base supported Phil Emery.

A lot of people who like the team don't know football and compound that with being huge homers. The people on this board are mostly comically bad homers.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Cute.

Biggest mistake of his career. Marc Trestman. That says it all.

It's just a simple "Yeah, just not a good HC. Still think it's possible he rights the ship."

No. He's fucked this organization up so damn bad It's mind boggling.

He scared away other HC Candidates because he was smug and arrogant enough to try and strong arm others into hiring/keeping Uncle Phil wanted on the staff. No, not just recommending a coach or two. But to tell the coach they would have to keep coaches he liked. What a joke.

Bruce Arians. 32-10 #Neverforget

Bye, Phil!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The "Emery Brigade" is showing out in support of their fallen hero.

How noble.

Funny as fuck coming from someone who has cried about Lovie for 2 years now.