Pete Prisco going rouge: One stat that largely defines why Jay Cutler is having such

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Interesting read from Prisco. Our offensive line not being healthy all year didn't help. Trestman forgetting we have an all pro running back didn't help. Our defense putting tremendous pressure on the offense didn't help. Jay making bad decisions didn't help. Somehow Jay Cutler has become the face of all this. I know he's getting paid all that dough, so he's has lofty expectations. It's hard to make excuses for the top paid player in the league. Still, I don't really think any quarterback was getting us very far this season based on the state of the team. As many have said, the finger pointing needs to be a little more evenly distributed.
Major, you're absolutely right. It's a shame but it is what it is. Trestman wants a scapegoat and we all know how mucht he media loves to go after Cutler for anything, really. He's had a rocky relationship since he got to Chicago and I think people see his failures as his that cannot be fixed. A lot throw rocks at him, but only talk about the firing of Trestman as a solely different issue. I'd like to think we would've eventually seen the guy was out of the league for 9 years becausehe's not good. Not punish the QB for it. It's unfortunate.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is dead and no one cares. If there is a hell i'll see you there...

mecha

Liked Posts:
Pete Prisco went...

z2354-carton-rouge3.gif

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats a good article and good perspective. But the author doesn't mention that Cutler has been playing shitty along side of the shit D. His play has increased the hole the team digs.

Its not like Cutler has even been pressing. He has just plain been bad at throwing which is a whole other thing.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not arguing that, they have been bad all year. Just saying that Pete was not wrong in saying that Jay has thrown only three INT's in the first Q. That's all.

And up until last week, Rodgers had only thrown 3 INT's the whole year.

malcore

Thats a good article and good perspective. But the author doesn't mention that Cutler has been playing shitty along side of the shit D. His play has increased the hole the team digs.

Its not like Cutler has even been pressing. He has just plain been bad at throwing which is a whole other thing.

Cutler is jittery, and has been aiming with the ball. Look at his panic footwork in that gif.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cutler is jittery, and has been aiming with the ball. Look at his panic footwork in that gif.

He also lacks the genuis extending the play that he used to have.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
The biggest issue I've had with Cutler this year isn't one recorded in the stat sheets: the sheer number of times he's completely whiffed on checkdown passes. His accuracy is completely in the shitter, it's absolutely terrible. I've seen enough balls sailing over receiver's heads, landing at their feet or brushing the tips of their outstretched hands.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Major, you're absolutely right. It's a shame but it is what it is. Trestman wants a scapegoat and we all know how mucht he media loves to go after Cutler for anything, really. He's had a rocky relationship since he got to Chicago and I think people see his failures as his that cannot be fixed. A lot throw rocks at him, but only talk about the firing of Trestman as a solely different issue. I'd like to think we would've eventually seen the guy was out of the league for 9 years becausehe's not good. Not punish the QB for it. It's unfortunate.

Funny that you mention looking for scapegoats.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The biggest issue I've had with Cutler this year isn't one recorded in the stat sheets: the sheer number of times he's completely whiffed on checkdown passes. His accuracy is completely in the shitter, it's absolutely terrible. I've seen enough balls sailing over receiver's heads, landing at their feet or brushing the tips of their outstretched hands.

This is my issue with Cutler too. There is no point in even trying a long pass with him. He's just going to miss.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drew Brees's performance in that last game provides the perfect counterpoint to this article. His team has a shitty D and his OL played like shit against the bears. But he did not compound the problem. He executed the few opportunities that were there. He didn't do anything flashy but stayed efficient even as the rest of the team was shitting the bed.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I wish I could do my job with the lack of effort and thought that Prisco displayed here.

No this is his job, to pull shit out of the crack of his ass, throw it down on paper and to get people fired up about it. Every so often he says something profound which is better than most if not all of the ESPN hacks.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No this is his job, to pull shit out of the crack of his ass, throw it down on paper and to get people fired up about it. Every so often he says something profound which is better than most if not all of the ESPN hacks.

Which sadly...nothing in the article is profound.

Just looks like he trolled the CCS MB.