Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope Jimmy doesn't average 40+ minutes a game the whole season

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was a big time supporter of getting Mirotic here but he really has exceeded my expectations. He plays within himself which is very rare for a young player. He will be an Eastern Conference all-star next year and I believe will be in contention for rookie of the year this year.

I see him starting after the all-star game or at least being the 6th man at either PF or SF depending on need. The idea of finding a 6'10" 225# guy who hits 6-6 from 3 point range is amazing. And he has such quick hands. His help defense when guys try and take it to the hole against him is very good.

As for how his future goes, I really believe that his athleticism will enable him to play more SF than PF. With Butler proving himself to be a star shooting guard next year, I believe we could conceivably start four all-stars in Mirotic, Rose, Butler, and Noah with Gibson and Gasol filling the power forward/center slots while Dunleavy and McBuckets come off the bench as SG and SF. Good stuff if they are healthy!!!

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like Mirotic to be consistent with his shots and staying out of foul trouble before there's any kind of awards discussion for him this year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would like Mirotic to be consistent with his shots and staying out of foul trouble before there's any kind of awards discussion for him this year.

Come-on. Young players are typically tested by refs seeing how they react when they are called for weak fouls. And I would much rather have a player who doesn't lay back off of the ball and play it safe. If you are going to err, err out of aggression. And I will continue to enter him into awards discussion because he is a special player.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come-on. Young players are typically tested by refs seeing how they react when they are called for weak fouls. And I would much rather have a player who doesn't lay back off of the ball and play it safe. If you are going to err, err out of aggression. And I will continue to enter him into awards discussion because he is a special player.

Dudes a special player but I don't want his inexperience to shine in the playoffs. If he stays consistent and grows in the league I'll be extremely happy. Right now I'm just hoping this is another jimmy pippen pick that took a few years together.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dudes a special player but I don't want his inexperience to shine in the playoffs. If he stays consistent and grows in the league I'll be extremely happy. Right now I'm just hoping this is another jimmy pippen pick that took a few years together.

No disrespect, but what is a Jimmy Pippen pick? Also what are you talking about his inexperience not to shine in the play-offs?

Skill wise, this is the best Euro to come to the states since Dirk. He appears to know a lot about how the game is played and can make every shot imaginable. He is athletic, likes to play physical, and can put the ball on the floor. He is a match-up nightmare defensively. You have to honor his range and if you face him up, he can take you on the dribble. I just love to watch this man play!

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No disrespect, but what is a Jimmy Pippen pick? Also what are you talking about his inexperience not to shine in the play-offs?

Skill wise, this is the best Euro to come to the states since Dirk. He appears to know a lot about how the game is played and can make every shot imaginable. He is athletic, likes to play physical, and can put the ball on the floor. He is a match-up nightmare defensively. You have to honor his range and if you face him up, he can take you on the dribble. I just love to watch this man play!

Jimmy pippen is jimmy butler, sorry to let an inside joke with some of my friends come out to the boards.
I just don't want to see a first year nba player to make mistakes and draw silly fouls against him in the playoffs. That's really all I'm getting at. The fouls he's getting called on are similar to kirks 3 point fouls he makes. Thibs will coach it out of him no doubt but when will he get the message? Either way he's going to be a special player for the Bulls down the road.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And since you don't know me, I'll just flat out say I'll be critical about ANYTHING Bulls related, I desperately want to see a championship during a time I can tie my shoes, and I know our teams potential.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy pippen is jimmy butler, sorry to let an inside joke with some of my friends come out to the boards.
I just don't want to see a first year nba player to make mistakes and draw silly fouls against him in the playoffs. That's really all I'm getting at. The fouls he's getting called on are similar to kirks 3 point fouls he makes. Thibs will coach it out of him no doubt but when will he get the message? Either way he's going to be a special player for the Bulls down the road.

I see and that's fair. The way that I see it though is that Mirotic is a lot farther along than Butler offensively when he came up. Hell, Butler hardly played his first year. Butler advanced about as much as any player I ever saw in the NBA. I just see the guy as a starter when they go into the play-offs replacing Dunleavy while keeping Noah and Gasol together, With Mirotic establishing himself as a excellent outside presence, this just makes sense to me is all/

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see and that's fair. The way that I see it though is that Mirotic is a lot farther along than Butler offensively when he came up. Hell, Butler hardly played his first year. Butler advanced about as much as any player I ever saw in the NBA. I just see the guy as a starter when they go into the play-offs replacing Dunleavy while keeping Noah and Gasol together, With Mirotic establishing himself as a excellent outside presence, this just makes sense to me is all/

Mirotic was starting the years before he came up in an entirely different animal of a league persay, so of course he's more "offensive ready" compared to butlers rookie year. It makes complete sense absolutely I just want to see him grow from making mistakes because 4 fouls heading into the 3rd quarter isn't nessecarily good. It's growing pains really, that's all. Just want to see him be consistent with that shot and limit the minimal mistakes because those are the ones that end up being crucial down the line.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Because he cant play any Defense

His defense has improved and he is a good rebounder.

Thibs is going to have to find a way to give Mirotic decent minutes when Gibson returns.

the finnish ninny

Liked Posts:
I just see the guy as a starter when they go into the play-offs replacing Dunleavy while keeping Noah and Gasol together, With Mirotic establishing himself as a excellent outside presence, this just makes sense to me is all/

I completely agree w/ notion of Niko potentially being a complete monster & a match-up-nightmare at SF on the offensive side of the ball. My concern is him getting torched on the defensive end. Especially come playoff time. Defensively speaking, I feel his future is guarding the PF & C positions(no revelation here), & I think if he gets stronger, he will be elite at it, too. Not sure he will ever be able to keep the better SF's in the league in front of him, or avoid foul-trouble trying to do so. If the coaches can scheme a way to limit his responsibility defensively at the SF, Im all for giving him time there.

I believe Niko will eventually be the crown jewel of the bulls scouting/front office staff, I also believe he presents an extreme challenge to the coaching staff to make the most of his unique abilities. Thibs coaching/game-planning ability is really going to be tested in order to get the most out of him:thinking:. Its a great problem to have, IMO:smug2:.

The way I see it, the challenge in the near-future will be finding ways to incorporate Niko's game into this roster, but, Im not so sure in the years to come the challenge wont become putting a roster around Niko's game.
All that said, hes got a ways to go, but from what I have seen this far I'm very excited about his future.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Nikola and Jimmy are the new corps of the team. As Noah ages and we wonder about Rose's health anyone can see Buckets and Mirotic are the future of the team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just like I told you all off season only to hear "Euro league is soft" and "he hasn't done anything in the NBA" type BS from you.

My goodness but you sure are full of yourself aren't you?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
lets stop acting like thibs is above criticism

yeah hes one of the best coaches but that dont mean hes not without flaws...lets not try to gloss over them and make excuses for every little thing

I never said he's above criticism nor am I making excuses. However, Fans consistently harp on Thibs minutes and rotations like the injuries are his fault for overusing his players, which is simply not true. Fans were blaming him for Rose's ACL tear, Noah's Plantar fasciitis, and Butler's turf toe. Injuries just happen & none of them had to do with the minutes Thibs was playing them.

I honestly don't have much criticism for Thibs because I know that there's few coaches who could have gotten last year's team to the 5th seed (nearly 3rd seed btw) let alone a .500 record. His rotations have improved with a healthy roster & the team just beat the 2nd best team in the league without Rose & Taj & Gasol having a terrible offensive game. I do think he can settle down a bit on the sidelines but at the same time, that's kind of how I'd be on the sidelines too haha.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Butler at 25 is averaging 39.9 minutes...jordan played 40.1 minutes per at 25 and Tim Duncan played 40.6 a game at 25. The whole playing to many minutes is overrated.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler at 25 is averaging 39.9 minutes...jordan played 40.1 minutes per at 25 and Tim Duncan played 40.6 a game at 25. The whole playing to many minutes is overrated.

They also sat out a few games.