BULLS vs Memphis on Friday Dec 19th at 7PM on My50

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Butler at 25 is averaging 39.9 minutes...jordan played 40.1 minutes per at 25 and Tim Duncan played 40.6 a game at 25. The whole playing to many minutes is overrated.

What isn't overrated is you citing your sources...unless you are KC Johnson...good point and all but...just sayin'

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
who cares if Jordan played 40 minutes 25 years ago?

the league as a whole is starting to turn to a popovich-like approach and are preserving their players more

see for yourself: http://espn.go.com/nba/seasonleaders/_/league/nba/sort/avgMinutes

go all the way back to the 02-03 season and go forward and see the downward trend in minute per game

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They also sat out a few games.

Jordan sat out very very few. Only in his 2nd year when he was hurt. In addition to being such a tremendous player, Jordan was an iron man. You had to drag the guy off of the court. I have got to confess that I get so sick and tired at today's basketball players sitting out so many games. It is like the regular season doesn't count with the teams. A guy has the sniffles and he is treated like he had the plague or something. I think that since Jordan's generation basketball players quit thinking about anything else other than their paychecks. Get the big paycheck and watch a lot of them lay down. And yeah, I think that Rose is one of em. He is soft and selfish. No wonder Thibs is going nuts trying to put a consistent team together, He coached some warriors in Boston, Very few warriors anymore. Way too many prima donnas.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
It is like the regular season doesn't count with the teams.

nowadays its about pacing

maybe you play a player 40 minutes in a big game but you don't play them 40 minutes every damn game regardless of the competition.....it doesn't matter if its Golden State or Philly Tom will play Jimmy or whoever else 40+ minutes

even when we got a good comfortable lead and the game is pretty much decided thibs still rides the starters to the point im screaming at my TV for him to take them out already

again lets not gloss over this

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
even when we got a good comfortable lead and the game is pretty much decided thibs still rides the starters to the point im screaming at my TV for him to take them out already

I'm with you on this. I mean we haven't been in the comfortable position to lead by more than 15 points at the end of games often, but I think during the Miami game we were up by 23 and Jimmy left with 46 seconds to go .....

There really was no need for him to be out there, especially in the first game of a back to back.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the most annoying thing for me with the minutes is when we're up big and the other team waves the white flag with like 3-4 minutes left. At that point, we should also empty our bench, but Tom says "nope, we're keeping the same group out there the rest of the game" and it's pointless. If we're blowing them out, we should definitely be playing our bench at the end of the game.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
My goodness but you sure are full of yourself aren't you?

Actually, if you knew me, you'd realize I'm not narcissistic at all. However, I'm the ultimate competitor and also have a long memory. I did a lot of research on Niko and became convinced that this kid was for real. I brought that to the MB and took a lot of heat for it. A lot of people told me to stop being so high on the kid.

I refused to do that. Now that we are starting to see glimpses of what I was saying, I feel obligated to remind a few people for disagreeing with me. Furthermore, my competitiveness makes me do it. :dunno:

It's nice to see you coming around on Jimmy a little more, however.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
who cares if Jordan played 40 minutes 25 years ago?

the league as a whole is starting to turn to a popovich-like approach and are preserving their players more

see for yourself: http://espn.go.com/nba/seasonleaders/_/league/nba/sort/avgMinutes

go all the way back to the 02-03 season and go forward and see the downward trend in minute per game

So let me get this right, Jordan and the Bulls were doing it wrong 25 years ago, while winning six rings, while today's Bulls should better use a saber metric type of stat to gameplan with? OK, let me think about this for a minute .....................

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
how anybody could argue about minutes after how dead we were in the playoffs last year is beyond me

yes i think the Bulls should adapt with the times

we're at a disadvantage if the other team has fresher legs than us

this was proven last year against the Wizards who had allot more energy than us and stomped us out in 5 games and likely would have been a sweep if not for the Nene suspension and Dunleavy having a career game

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
how anybody could argue about minutes after how dead we were in the playoffs last year is beyond me

yes i think the Bulls should adapt with the times

we're at a disadvantage if the other team has fresher legs than us

Judging them on the backside of an ugly road back to back is totally different than letting the team develop into a playoff contender are TWO different things. Playing JB NOW, when Rose is still figuring it out, and some other injuries are going on, isn't the end of the World.

Heck, by the end of the season, if you're right, you can come back and remind me if you want! :dunno:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
And if you want to be part of the family, you never promote it ... sheesh ......

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, if you knew me, you'd realize I'm not narcissistic at all. However, I'm the ultimate competitor and also have a long memory. I did a lot of research on Niko and became convinced that this kid was for real. I brought that to the MB and took a lot of heat for it. A lot of people told me to stop being so high on the kid.

I refused to do that. Now that we are starting to see glimpses of what I was saying, I feel obligated to remind a few people for disagreeing with me. Furthermore, my competitiveness makes me do it. :dunno:

It's nice to see you coming around on Jimmy a little more, however.
To be fair, most people at the time were still sour about losing the Wizards and missing out on Melo. Pretty bad vibes all around. I think a lot of people saw the potential, but as a defense mechanism refused to allow themselves it would come to fruition soon, let alone this season. The general feel of the offseason was tempered expectations. Gasol? Well at least he's not Boozer, and even if he is he's half the price. Butler? Let's just hope he can shoot above 40% and not get driven into the ground. Mirotic? He's barely gonna play behind Gasol and Gibson anyway. That was the mentality.

That said, gotta give you credit where credit is due, you were right about Mirotic.

don't get cocky :smug: