Jim Harbaugh Coaching Update from Adam Schefter

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If I paid taxes in Michigan I'd be calling for an investigation just because of the offer. Detroit is in the shape it is and tax payers can afford to pay someone $48M?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st, the Harbaugh has a special place in his heart for the Bears, is a myth. His NFL gig of choice would be a team in California. But his UM roots, preferences of his family, and 8 million a year will land him in Ann Arbor. The Bears will be better off by not chasing a pipe dream and focusing their attention on a more realistic HC target.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I paid taxes in Michigan I'd be calling for an investigation just because of the offer. Detroit is in the shape it is and tax payers can afford to pay someone $48M?

I live in Michigan I can say with relative certainty that Michigan has the largest fan base of any program (college or professional) even after years of a mediocre or worse product. The Big House is also one of the biggest stadiums in the country and they almost always find a way to fill it.

Tuition is ~14k for in state students and ~42k for out of state students for ~44k students -43% of which are out of state. These numbers don't take into account graduate students which U of M has a ton of considering they have one of the best medical programs in the country and are a research university.

On top of that Harbaugh would bring projected income to the team as well. So for example they may be paying him 8/yr but they can project an extra 2-3 mil in income.

I live about 45 minutes from Ann Arbor and U of M is buying up all the medical facilities in my city. If they can afford 100's of millions of dollars to buy hospitals and other facilities I'm sure they can afford Jim's salary.

By the way fuck U of M and their obnoxious fans 90% of which have never step foot into a college.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

uhh, university of michigan made over $1 billion in tuition and student fees alone. over $6 billion in total operating revenue. university of michigan has nothing to do with detroit.

Joker85

Liked Posts:

Detroit is basically a walled off preserve from the rest of the state. A 3rd world microkingdom that runs its own affairs and really only concerns itself with the state when it goes to them with its hand out. Michigan should not be viewed negatively because of the cesspit that Detroit is.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
1st, the Harbaugh has a special place in his heart for the Bears, is a myth. His NFL gig of choice would be a team in California. But his UM roots, preferences of his family, and 8 million a year will land him in Ann Arbor. The Bears will be better off by not chasing a pipe dream and focusing their attention on a more realistic HC target.

Well, you know, besides the fact that hes said he considers himself a Bear first and foremost.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Big House is also one of the biggest stadiums in the country and they almost always find a way to fill it.

It is the largest stadium in the US.

By the way fuck U of M and their obnoxious fans 90% of which have never step foot into a college.

I hear ya... I lived in Michigan for just over 20 years and that used to piss me off. Go Spartans! (My step-daughter went to MSU.)

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit is basically a walled off preserve from the rest of the state. A 3rd world microkingdom that runs its own affairs and really only concerns itself with the state when it goes to them with its hand out. Michigan should not be viewed negatively because of the cesspit that Detroit is.

This.

As I said above, I lived in Michigan for over 20 years. It's really a great state. Detroit should be treated kind of like Washington DC is; it shouldn't really be part of any state... Michiganders aren't embarrassed by Detroit, because most don't really view it as part of the state.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is the largest stadium in the US.

I hear ya... I lived in Michigan for just over 20 years and that used to piss me off. Go Spartans! (My step-daughter went to MSU.)

I used to live in East Lansing in my early to mid 20s. All I can say is thank god for lady Spartans.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

As I said above, I lived in Michigan for over 20 years. It's really a great state. Detroit should be treated kind of like Washington DC is; it shouldn't really be part of any state... Michiganders aren't embarrassed by Detroit, because most don't really view it as part of the state.

Even Detoilet is getting somewhat better. At least Downtown Detroit. Ford Field, Comerica Park, and the soon to be built new home of the Red Wings is a nice area. Just don't take a single wrong turn.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, you know, besides the fact that hes said he considers himself a Bear first and foremost.

Yes, he has said that to the local media here in Chicago. I just don't think it will be a factor in his decision, so I stick with my UM/California NFL stance. That said, it would be interesting as hell to see what he could accomplish if he did take job here.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yes, he has said that to the local media here in Chicago. I just don't think it will be a factor in his decision, so I stick with my UM/California NFL stance. That said, it would be interesting as hell to see what he could accomplish if he did take job here.

I believe I heard him say it on Mike and Mike, which is national, is it not?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because I don't see the Bears or any team- spending $8 million per year?

Plus being on the hook of Cutler and Trestman if they do away with them. Not the McCaskey way...or any other GM/ owner way. That is a hellava deal for him from Michigan; to follow in his fathers footsteps.

I hope George at least tries to bid on it, but I doubt it, and won't win.

$5m is the going rate but you may need to give him $6m. I don't know what he'd take but what's a couple mil a year to a franchise if they can get their guy?

Joker85

Liked Posts:
If he came to the Bears he'd want GM powers also.

No way the Mcshits give one coach with his type of personality essentially full control of the team. Sad but true.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

sfart_pushfart_100-100.gif

We have been trying to give Detroit to Canada for years, they just want a first round draft pick to take it.

You obviously know nothing about the state. Is it fair to judge Indiana by looking only at Gary? Try Grand Rapids sometimes you clueless fool.

darklite41

I have your keys.
Donator
Liked Posts:
sfart_pushfart_100-100.gif

We have been trying to give Detroit to Canada for years, they just want a first round draft pick to take it.

You obviously know nothing about the state. Is it fair to judge Indiana by looking only at Gary? Try Grand Rapids sometimes you clueless fool.

lol there's always shootings around the GRCC area in Grand Rapids...I know because I go to GRCC

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No I'm not fucking joking. This is the NFL (National Fucking Football League). The best football talent in the world is here. Who gives a shit that they don't have to pay their players. UM is primarily focused on academics. Yea they want elite sports programs as well but the focus is academics. So how the fuck are they outbidding billionaires for coaches?

you can't be serious. These collages could give a shyt if these kids get a education.