Jim Harbaugh Coaching Update from Adam Schefter

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
49ers HC Jim Harbaugh’s family and friends have been encouraging him to take the Michigan HC job, but he is torn because his heart is in the NFL, per sources close to the situation.

Harbaugh first would like to see what head coaching opportunities come available – and he is likely to be a top choice for a handful of teams – before getting back to Michigan with an answer, per sources.

Harbaugh also is aware of the fact that Michigan might not be able to wait for him, especially when it might not even land the coach who is believed to be the school’s top choice. Plus, college football recruiting is in full swing, and the longer a school waits, the more of a disadvantage it can be. It leaves both sides, Michigan and Harbaugh, in a tough and delicate spot, even though they have mutual interest in each other, per sources.
Harbaugh would like to finish coaching this season, go through the players’ getaway day on Monday, Dec. 29, and then make his decision as quickly as possible. As another source said, Harbaugh’s agent, Dave Dunn, already “has a good sense of realistic NFL options already.”

But as one Michigan source wondered Friday, “If he wants to stay in the NFL, who will pay him $8 million per year?”, an indication that Michigan is prepared to go hard after Harbaugh.

There is an undisputed emotional connection for Harbaugh, who played at Michigan, is an iconic figure there, and has been hearing from family and friends about returning as the prodigal son. Harbaugh’s father, Jack, is influential with his son and he has made it known that he likes and admires Michigan’s interim athletic director, Jim Hackett, whom he got to know in the mid 1970s, when he was coaching the defensive backs at Michigan while Hackett was playing center at the school.

Harbaugh’s wife also is said to be open and on board to him going back to Ann Arbor if that’s what he wants, per sources.
While some have pointed out that recruiting would be a challenge, it is one that does not concern Harbaugh, per sources. Harbaugh believes he has successfully recruited before and he would do so again if he returned to college.

But his family and friends have voiced their opinions to Harbaugh, and made it known that it would be an ideal match. Now, likely by the end of the month, Harbaugh must make the decision that will shape his professional and personal life for years to come.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
He is waiting for the Bears to fire Trestman...

Iyunl10.gif

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why didn't you put in bold he is waiting to see which jobs come open? That's the real news of the day from him.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Why didn't you put in bold he is waiting to see which jobs come open? That's the real news of the day from him.

Because I don't see the Bears or any team- spending $8 million per year?

Plus being on the hook of Cutler and Trestman if they do away with them. Not the McCaskey way...or any other GM/ owner way. That is a hellava deal for him from Michigan; to follow in his fathers footsteps.

I hope George at least tries to bid on it, but I doubt it, and won't win.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Plus being on the hook of Cutler and Trestman if they do away with them. Not the McCaskey way...or any other GM/ owner way. That is a hellava deal for him from Michigan; to follow in his fathers footsteps.

I think the "McCaskey way" is a myth and that will be proven even further when they fire both the GM and the HC after 2 and 3 seasons.

As for the 8 mil..... I don't think Jim wants that from the NFL. He will take lower money to stay in the league. IMO, he takes lower money at a place that gives him some GM authority as well as HC. I think the Bears are a team who will do it. And if they don't give him some form of power, he will get paid.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Is anyone curious how the fuck a university can outbid NFL teams for a coach?

Reactions: Myk

mecha

Liked Posts:
Is anyone curious how the fuck a university can outbid NFL teams for a coach?

yeah, I also don't understand the downgrade. it's not like Harbaugh's getting excommunicated from the league for sucking balls or anything. I think after the first 3 years you can spot him one year of not making the playoffs after an injury-plagued season and a jackoff quarterback doesn't live up to his expectations.

put a mustache on him and his demeanor is suddenly acceptable.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
No. They have lots of money.

Anyway, I think he may be willing to take 7M if he decides he wants to stay in the NFL, since that is what he reportedly wanted from the niners in an extension before things started going south. If Goerge really wants to prove that the Bears arent fucking around, this would be the move... blow the whole thing up and land Harbaugh.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The Bears might not spend 8 million on him but Oak and Miami will for sure and i think they're the two front runners for NFL teams.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
are you joking? for one they don't have to pay their players...

No I'm not fucking joking. This is the NFL (National Fucking Football League). The best football talent in the world is here. Who gives a shit that they don't have to pay their players. UM is primarily focused on academics. Yea they want elite sports programs as well but the focus is academics. So how the fuck are they outbidding billionaires for coaches?

Mitchapalooza

No I'm not fucking joking. This is the NFL (National Fucking Football League). The best football talent in the world is here. Who gives a shit that they don't have to pay their players. UM is primarily focused on academics. Yea they want elite sports programs as well but the focus is academics. So how the fuck are they outbidding billionaires for coaches?
Cause the school has money.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Because they're not a business. There are people in charge of these athletic programs that have more power to spend money than they ought to have, and they aren't bogged down by owners wanting to make sure they stay above the bottom line so they don't damage their ability to run the sports team.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
And the billionaires running the NFL don't? Thanks for clearing that up Johnny on the spot.

First off all, an NFL team cant offer Harbaugh anything at the moment, and when they can there may very well be bigger offers, but there also may not be. Just because they are billionaires they are not obligated to outbid a college.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
First off all, an NFL team cant offer Harbaugh anything at the moment, and when they can there may very well be bigger offers, but there also may not be. Just because they are billionaires they are not obligated to outbid a college.

It'd be pathetic if they don't.