Bernstein: "There should be more developments over the weekend ..."

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy fucking ass crackers!!! My dick is getting hard over all of this news and drama. Seriously, this is like watching the Housewives of Atlanta, but for men! Holy shit!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm going to laugh so hard when Emery, Trestman, and Cutler are all here next season. Will Bernstein even be allowed to speak if that comes to pass?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm going to laugh so hard when Emery, Trestman, and Cutler are all here next season. Will Bernstein even be allowed to speak if that comes to pass?

Yep, you got him; his vocal cords will be removed from him life on air by the Bears organization family.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank God he woke Georgie-Porgie-Pudding-Pie up!

I can see him walking into Phil's office, with Trestman present

98929-oh-well-allow-me-to-retort-gif-jLE0.gif

what does Georgie look like(referring to himself in third person)

tumblr_lfpkcnNb6F1qbjav8o1_500.gif

Phil and Mark...."What?"

Samuel-L-Jackson-GIFS-in-Pulp-fiction-random-32463993-500-200.gif

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Hub on Emery: "He clearly is in over his head as a General Manager, and the (McCaskey) family understands that by now." Hub suggested Emery could potentially stay on, under a Holmgren type. But one thing is clear - Georgie-Porgie-Pudding-Pie appears to be taking the reigns.

Yes, and all the Bears fans who clearly knew this were labeled as trolls on this board.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Why are you assuming he'd be a permanent hire? They could bring him in as a consultant for the GM/HC process and retain him for a year, ala Parcells.

The talk is he'd be taking over for Phillips.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Other than Richardson, who fooled everyone, and Weeden they actually drafted really well.

You dismiss Weeden like people dismiss Emery drafting Sheamus or signing Trestman as just 1 mistake. It's colossal and it makes no sense. He fucking drafted an old man as a 1st round qb.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You dismiss Weeden like people dismiss Emery drafting Sheamus or signing Trestman as just 1 mistake. It's colossal and it makes no sense. He fucking drafted an old man as a 1st round qb.

A very late 1st round pick which makes him a person you have no financial commitment to, and that was demonstrated as they easily walked away from Weeden without harm to their cap. It was a draft pick loss and mistake, but I think some of his other moves were bad too. There was actually multiple 2nd round fails with the Montario Harvesty and Greg Dropsy Little. But sensible people understand EVERY Front office is going to have busts and failed draft picks. When he has at least does ones that don't limit/harm the team long term it's fine. Weeden was nothing long-term hurt and Richards was tradable for a 1st.

I just don't like his personal hires. His handling of Mangini was shaky with the team on a edgy grounds when he kept him and then hired a personal choice over many HC options.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Im all for blowing it the hell up, but I do not want Holmgren. Hes had his time time in the sun, hed just be retread hoping to repeat some of his former success, which isnt likely. We do need a new team president above the GM, but he is not the answer. Hell, if George proves to be the mover and shaker rumors are hinting at he should Just take over the role, hire a GM worth a damn and then go from there. A GM worth a damn shouldn't need a "football czar" above them.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
A very late 1st round pick which makes him a person you have no financial commitment to, and that was demonstrated as they easily walked away from Weeden without harm to their cap. It was a draft pick loss and mistake, but I think some of his other moves were bad too. There was actually multiple 2nd round fails with the Montario Harvesty and Greg Dropsy Little. But sensible people understand EVERY Front office is going to have busts and failed draft picks. When he has at least does ones that don't limit/harm the team long term it's fine. Weeden was nothing long-term hurt and Richards was tradable for a 1st.

I just don't like his personal hires. His handling of Mangini was shaky with the team on a edgy grounds when he kept him and then hired a personal choice over many HC options.

He drafted an old man in the 1st round. People knew this was fucked immediately after it was made. He has to be senile to think it was a good move.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He drafted an old man in the 1st round. People knew this was fucked immediately after it was made. He has to be senile to think it was a good move.

They actually didn't, they wanted RGIII and all the reports admitted it but they didn't win the trade. They needed something other also known shit Colt at QB. It was a not much of a loss move since they could easily cut him, and did. They didn't think it was a good move but it was a, we gotta do something move. Context is everything.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I actually always liked Colt McCoy even though I hate UT

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
They actually didn't, they wanted RGIII and all the reports admitted it but they didn't win the trade. They needed something other also known shit Colt at QB. It was a not much of a loss move since they could easily cut him, and did. They didn't think it was a good move but it was a, we gotta do something move. Context is everything.
Exactly. On top of this. People didn't look a Weeden's age as a bad thing as an NFL prospect because of the position he played. Many thought it made him more NFL ready.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt have been too concerned with Weedens age, if he was a legit NFL QB prospect... it was the fact that he played in a college O that should have been a concern.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I really hope it isn't Holmgren. He rode Favre's coat tails.

I'd much prefer they turn to a guy like Scott Pioli as a consultant (since he doesn't want to do full time football work anymore, but is open to this consulting idea) ala a Stan Bowman and have him have full power to reshape the organizational staff in terms of Football.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
OR, how about hiring a fricking GM that can actually handle running a football team himself?

Plus. if you hire pioli youre going to have to start sweeping for bugs and using burn phones and itll be a real inconvenience.