Bernstein: "There should be more developments over the weekend ..."

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like him or not - and I don't - Dan Bernstein on The Score clearly has a good source - or more than one - inside Halas Hall. Bernstein just said on The Score that Trestman is surely gone - which we know - and that Emery is not only on thin ice, but that the ice is cracking beneath his feet, and were he a betting man, he'd bet on Emery being gone.

We all knew that, but here's the interesting part - "There should be more developments over the weekend, and I will be tweeting what I hear." Then Hub joined to discuss his Sun-Times story today about Mike Holmgren and the possibility of a football czar and said, "Let me put it this way - the phones are being used."

Hub on Emery: "He clearly is in over his head as a General Manager, and the (McCaskey) family understands that by now." Hub suggested Emery could potentially stay on, under a Holmgren type. But one thing is clear - Georgie-Porgie-Pudding-Pie appears to be taking the reigns.

Clearly, the drama isn't over at Halas Hall. For those who thought the Bears would finally calm down and wake up again on December 29, it looks instead like the last two weeks of this season promise to be as bizarre as ever.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
all good but why didn't berenstein know cutler was getting benched? or his thorazine-addicted monkey boers?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
all good but why didn't berenstein know cutler was getting benched? or his thorazine-addicted monkey boers?

Good question. This is just speculation, but Hub also just called Cutler's benching "Trestman's middle finger to Emery and Cutler." That would suggest it was not a front office move, but a Trestman move. Clearly, Bernstein's source is in the front office.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is gonna be the longest week and a half ever lol.

A couple of days ago I pleaded with the Bears to stop the crazy and let me get on with life. Then they were quiet today and I found myself in withdrawl from the drama. And there's still 10 days left ... I can't take the roller coaster - I just want to live again ...

malcore

Good question. This is just speculation, but Hub also just called Cutler's benching "Trestman's middle finger to Emery and Cutler." That would suggest it was not a front office move, but a Trestman move. Clearly, Bernstein's source is in the front office.

If this is true, I don't understand why Trestman is still here.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed.

But - again just speculation - it may be because Emery doesn't have any more power in the organization either.

Nick80

Windy just posted this so -

David Haugh speculated on his radio show today that the reason Emery has not had a press conference and that Trestman is speaking is because Emery is beind fired.

He intimated that an entire house cleaning was the most likely scenario.

Windy was the source of this post, not me, #thankbangs for Windy.

malcore

David Haugh speculated on his radio show today that the reason Emery has not had a press conference and that Trestman is speaking is because Emery is beind fired.

Ima wait this weekend. The speculation has become as weird as the actuality.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:

That makes a lot of sense.