Bernstein: "There should be more developments over the weekend ..."

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The main target I have is on Ted Phillips. How many people have failed unequivocally at their jobs since 1999 without being fired? Why should Ted be allowed to hire yet another GM when he's failed so spectacularly multiple times at it. He tells the McCaskeys they need to pay for a search firm who recommends Jerry Angelo? LOL.

If Ted's allowed to hire another GM, we'll continue to suck. We're one of the most poorly run organizations in football and it starts at the top.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The main target I have is on Ted Phillips. How many people have failed unequivocally at their jobs since 1999 without being fired? Why should Ted be allowed to hire yet another GM when he's failed so spectacularly multiple times at it. He tells the McCaskeys they need to pay for a search firm who recommends Jerry Angelo? LOL.

If Ted's allowed to hire another GM, we'll continue to suck. We're one of the most poorly run organizations in football and it starts at the top.

Ted is Crane Kenny with twice as much power and Impact, which is terrifying.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bernstein 3.10 pm 12/22 on The Score -

Paraphrasing here - The discussions are ongoing inside Halas Hall to bring in a football mind that would take football responsibilities away from Ted Phillips, who would remain on the financial side.

The McCaskeys haven't yet decided what to do with Phil Emery. It is possible he stays on under this new football czar, but "if I was a betting man, I'd bet he's gone in a full purge."

Trestman is gone.

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
FWIW, Bernstein said more coming later today/tonight on "the fate of people above Trestman."

From the same sources who said there would be developments this past weekend...?

Last time I checked there's a difference between reporting and simply having an inflated opinion of ones own conjecture.

I don't listen to that show anymore but nothing I've seen repeated here as their "reporting" is anything more than schoolgirl gossip.

Trestman gone? Emery on thin ice? McCaskeys not happy?

No shit. Did he really just figure that out all by himself?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
From the same sources who said there would be developments this past weekend...?

Last time I checked there's a difference between reporting and simply having an inflated opinion of ones own conjecture.

I don't listen to that show anymore but nothing I've seen repeated here as their "reporting" is anything more than schoolgirl gossip.

Except Boers also has a source who said the same things. And Arkush as well.

You are certainly free to dislike Bernstein, but he does have a reliable source high up in the Bears org. He's not just pulling that out of his ass.

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Except Boers also has a source who said the same things. And Arkush as well.

You are certainly free to dislike Bernstein, but he does have a reliable source high up in the Bears org. He's not just pulling that out of his ass.

Really?

Can you name one thing his "source" has provided that we didn't already know or couldn't have reasoned out on our own?

Like I said, I don't listen, but if he has, no one here has repeated it.

And yeah, it looks now like he did pull that 'developments over the weekend' thing out of his ass.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Really?

Can you name one thing his "source" has provided that we didn't already know or couldn't have reasoned out on our own?

Like I said, I don't listen, but if he has, no one here has repeated it.

And yeah, it looks now like he did pull that 'developments over the weekend' thing out of his ass.

Well, if we THINK it's coming, and the source confirms that it ACTUALLY is, does that mean he doesn't really have a source?

Using this logic, he only has a source if the Bears do something we don't expect.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
It's tough to say if they have a source or not, a lot of their "scoops" are when an outcome has a high "probability" anyways, like Trestman getting fired last week, well "duh", and they always leave themselves an out, like the "McCaseky situation is fluid and could change at any point".

Two years ago they were praising Phil Emery about how nothing gets out of Halas Hall anymore and their "Sources, dried up".

Reactions: 1ke

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Well, if we THINK it's coming, and the source confirms that it ACTUALLY is, does that mean he doesn't really have a source?

Using this logic, he only has a source if the Bears do something we don't expect.

Only if it actually comes to pass, unlike his so-called source that told him about big developments this past weekend or Lovies' 2010 extension

Maybe his "source" is just the guy who mows the lawn

And still waiting to hear something he actually broke.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
God I hope they purge it.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Really?

So the fact that his source is only confirming things that a reasonable person would expect precludes the existence of the source? C'mon now, you're smarter than that.

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
So the fact that his source is only confirming things that a reasonable person would expect precludes the existence of the source? C'mon now, you're smarter than that.

Does he have a source? Maybe. Like I said before, maybe he shares a landscaping service with Halas Hall.

Is his "source" reliable? History shows the answer; obviously and demonstrably not. In fact 'laughably unreliable' would closer to the truth. Which is why I originally asked "why does anyone believe anything this idiot says?"

But feel free to prove me wrong by showing me the big scoop his source ever provided.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

I gert your skepticism.. but your points of bickering make no sense.. the developments of this weekend WOULD exactly be what HE would be talking about later today on his show. It's not like developments means publicly.

And at the time the info of the source was coming out, it was well before the Trestman is gone was what a majority of people did believe. Most people weren't accepting of that to be a likely scenario. I don't know the history of it because I've never cared nor still do care enough about it to think checking the accuracy matters. I've not seen many make some absolute claims that his source is infallible. If you wanted to proof his source was phony and worthless, I would say more proof was on your shoe. I wouldn't recommend it anyway as who cares.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Bernstein has def got a guy in Halas, as does Terry. i don't doubt that at all.

Especially is Hub is saying the same thing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who could be the football presidents?

Holmgren
Shannahan
Parcells
Polian

Of that list Polian would excite me the most.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Does he have a source? Maybe. Like I said before, maybe he shares a landscaping service with Halas Hall.

Is his "source" reliable? History shows the answer; obviously and demonstrably not. In fact 'laughably unreliable' would closer to the truth. Which is why I originally asked "why does anyone believe anything this idiot says?"

But feel free to prove me wrong by showing me the big scoop his source ever provided.

I can't speak to anything he's said in the past, but he broke the news of Trestman's fate last week, and that it was decided by people above Emery, not Emery himself. We'll find out Monday.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bernstein 4.30 pm 12/22 on The Score -

Bernstein reports he has touched base with his source again. No change from what he has previously reported. A lot is up in the air - everything is on the table. Emery not yet fired, but his seat is very hot. In contrast to years past, the McCaskeys know that they need to move quickly, and are doing so.

Let the naysaying of Bernstein's sources continue ...

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Parcells is consulting for the Browns, so he would have to get out of that contract.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Who could be the football presidents?

Holmgren
Shannahan
Parcells
Polian

Of that list Polian would excite me the most.
Polian would be great. I'd love it. Also, I'm all in for a Mike Shannahan being the HC after Marc is done.

3x super bowl winner?

Sign 'em!!!

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Bernstein 4.30 pm 12/22 on The Score -

Bernstein reports he has touched base with his source again. No change from what he has previously reported. A lot is up in the air - everything is on the table. Emery not yet fired, but his seat is very hot. In contrast to years past, the McCaskeys know that they need to move quickly, and are doing so.

Let the naysaying of Bernstein's sources continue ...

Soooo.... nothing but school girl gossip presented as something more in other words?